SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Trying to book a good motel for the Nov 19th Game in St Cloud. Anyone have any advice? Would like a lounge attached or across the street if any. The websites really don't tell much. Everyone wants you to book with NO cancellation possible! Want to make sure I don't get a dump. 

Thanks...

Holiday Inn has a bar and Kelly Inn, was Best Western is close to downtown.

On 8/12/2016 at 10:55 PM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

MN only has success recruiting the young future draft picks.  They never have Cagguila or Stetcher types that come in unheralded and leave with a pro contract.  The only example I can think of is Haula and he was at least a late round pick.  That won't cut it these days.  They take recruiting for granted, maybe due to an ethnocentric bias.

They are going to be the most harmed by Wisconsin's recruiting resurgence too.  Madtown > Dinkytown

They had a pretty good guy on defense a few years ago too. He was an UFA and I though he was doing ok at the NHL, but I really don't know. Can't remember his name right now though.

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

They had a pretty good guy on defense a few years ago too. He was an UFA and I though he was doing ok at the NHL, but I really don't know. Can't remember his name right now though.

Nate Schmidt you are probably thinking of.  A Stecher type development curve while he was at the U.  Schmidt was more offensive, Stecher better defensively.

I haven't done any research into this, but off the top of my head I'm wondering if this is the number of NCAA tournament appearances by NCHC teams since the conference was formed?

EDIT: For some reason I can't quote other posts, so my reply was to I Ranger's clue of "12".

5 minutes ago, Ray77 said:

I haven't done any research into this, but off the top of my head I'm wondering if this is the number of NCAA tournament appearances by NCHC teams since the conference was formed?

EDIT: For some reason I can't quote other posts, so my reply was to I Ranger's clue of "12".

Not the answer I'm looking for.

16 hours ago, Ray77 said:

That number is 13. 
2014: UND, SCSU, DU
2015: UND, SCSU, UNO, UMD, M-OH, DU
2016: UND, UMD, SCSU DU

16 hours ago, OETKB said:

In case anyone is interested, new photos and a few changed stats are up on the roster site:  http://www.undsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&SPID=6405&SPSID=58685

They are now listing Shane Gersich at 5' 11" and 183 lbs.  If he comes in heavier this year, that might help his game.

Uh ... I thought 3 or 20 was going to be the biggest guy on the team. That Rhett Gardner is a big boy. :0