SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

9 hours ago, joeyjr said:

I had moved out to Ohio for a few years so jumped all over the games, especially when the NCHC was formed. Saw the inaugural game! Awesome little town, nice little rink but some years the season ticket holders don't show up as much (but they are perpetually "sold out" so we never really have much of a presence. Most UND fans got their tickets through the alumni association, returned player comps, or by donating money to MU to get preorder access), leaving the student section to do all the cheering. Also, its a dry arena :( . It can be really fun there, though, everyone from the fans (in the concourse anyway), to the concession/stand workers to the ushers were always super cool.

Good to hear! Thanks for the feedback!  Thus far, my experiences at road games for UND or CC at such places as Huntsville, Vermont, Duluth, and Omaha have all be quite positive. Looking forward to Miami.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

What is the average record of Hakstol teams after the first 3 games of the season?

Jon-Stewart-Desk-.gif

LOL....That's what I love about 'Hawks' fans......they beg to have coaches fired or leave....but can't stop talking about them when they go. Edit: your question to my answer may be right....not what I was looking for though!

36 minutes ago, MattC said:

Not much for seated tickets for the Gopher Series. All I'm seeing is singles and standing room tickets for Saturday. Disappointing!

Honestly for $100-130 per ticket, I'm not attending the game. That's insane.

UofM is gouging fans and I'll wait to see if I can pick up some last second SRO.

I remember the last Sioux/Gopher game of the WCHA era and I couldn't even sell my SRO ticket for $30 outside Mariucci.

I'm thinking I'll wait and see how the market goes for these tickets. I checked StubHub but the additional $100 in fees made it not worth it. Funny how UMN states that Wisconsin is their biggest rival yet these tickets are $50-100 more each.

13 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

UofM is gouging fans and I'll wait to see if I can pick up some last second SRO.

I remember the last Sioux/Gopher game of the WCHA era and I couldn't even sell my SRO ticket for $30 outside Mariucci.

That is insane. 

28 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I thought it costs that much cuz you're buying 2 other series with it, you know how they're trying to keep Sioux fans out of Mariucci 

3 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I'm not paying that money for a regular season game. My ticket to the national championship game was less than 70 bucks, for comparison sakes. 

If you have money and are willing to shell it out, I applaud you, but I'd rather keep that for things like... Regionals or Frozen Fours. 

The team's record at Frozen Fours I have attended is 0-2, so I decided to stop attending high stakes games.  I don't necessarily believe in jinxing teams, but I don't want to take the chance, either!  :lol:

• Upvote 3

Purchased tickets by phone last week to the Omaha series.  They are much less proud of their tickets this year than last, when they were ranked highly and were opening up a new facility.  Basically got as many tickets as I wanted in the upper deck in the shoot twice zone for $20 a piece.  Hope to see a lot of Hawks/Sioux fans there this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I thought it costs that much cuz you're buying 2 other series with it, you know how they're trying to keep Sioux fans out of Mariucci 

Just got my tickets for Goofs series for Friday and Saturday. Single game SRO are $90. Also purchases St Cloud for the series $35. Single game tickets for the Goofs series are now on sale.