SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - SATURDAY Gameday NCAA TITLE GAME

AZSIOUX

8 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I know in the long run this doesn't really matter but I was really curious why Garteig didn't get a penalty called on him for delay of game when he clearly took his own helmet off. I for the life of me could not understand that missed call. Now it truly could have been a missed call but the positioning of the ref seemed to show him in a good position to call that. Again it really had no bearing on the game but was an obvious delay of game. I also have no idea what Drake was thinking when he crossed checked Garteig. Drake was called for a penalty and rightly so.

Without having rewatched it yet, my thought on the mask was that when he was on his back, his helmet was already halfway off his face.  I feel like I've seen it before where for their own safety they knock their helmets off to get the whistle since half of their face is exposed and they can't see anything.  As for Drake, my hope is that he was just pushing off to turn and go the other way.  Not sure what he'd be thinking checking the goalie in the back.

25 minutes ago, George M. Bluth said:

Without having rewatched it yet, my thought on the mask was that when he was on his back, his helmet was already halfway off his face.  I feel like I've seen it before where for their own safety they knock their helmets off to get the whistle since half of their face is exposed and they can't see anything.  As for Drake, my hope is that he was just pushing off to turn and go the other way.  Not sure what he'd be thinking checking the goalie in the back.

I have re watched it numerous times and he clearly takes his helmet off.

Came across a whiny rant by Jeff Dubay on facebook. What a complete azzhole. Oh the butthurt. 

Here it is:

Watching the Frozen Four title game and have seen everything I KNOW about North Dakota hockey completely reinforced. They have dynamic talent bordering on overwhelming at times and they are as classless a collection of thugs and assholes that you will ever see at the college level. It's an institutional problem. They're coached to be that way. I've seen former coach Dave Hakstol send a goon defenseman to line up at wing for a meaning less center ice faceoff at the end of a game long since decided so he could jump on and pummel his opponent when the puck was dropped. I've seen a team captain instigate a fist fight in the handshake line. TWICE! Never seen it before or since in any sport. And now I've spent twenty minutes watching them take every liberty possible against Quinnipiac including numerous borderline hits intentionally targeting an injured opponent, going specifically at the injured body part multiple times. They could very well be a couple hours from being the NCAA champion but they are, were, and always will be a fucking disgrace. Fans can troll away, I'm not dumb enough to read your crap or respond to it. I've spoken to coaches and referees from the old WCHA in very candid, off the record conversations and I've heard them say things about that program and the way it's run that are far more critical than anything I've even said.

17 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Came across a whiny rant by Jeff Dubay on facebook. What a complete azzhole. Oh the butthurt. 

Here it is:

Watching the Frozen Four title game and have seen everything I KNOW about North Dakota hockey completely reinforced. They have dynamic talent bordering on overwhelming at times and they are as classless a collection of thugs and assholes that you will ever see at the college level. It's an institutional problem. They're coached to be that way. I've seen former coach Dave Hakstol send a goon defenseman to line up at wing for a meaning less center ice faceoff at the end of a game long since decided so he could jump on and pummel his opponent when the puck was dropped. I've seen a team captain instigate a fist fight in the handshake line. TWICE! Never seen it before or since in any sport. And now I've spent twenty minutes watching them take every liberty possible against Quinnipiac including numerous borderline hits intentionally targeting an injured opponent, going specifically at the injured body part multiple times. They could very well be a couple hours from being the NCAA champion but they are, were, and always will be a fucking disgrace. Fans can troll away, I'm not dumb enough to read your crap or respond to it. I've spoken to coaches and referees from the old WCHA in very candid, off the record conversations and I've heard them say things about that program and the way it's run that are far more critical than anything I've even said.

Wow, I like how he says he smart enough to not respond to our comments about what he says.....because what he says he should know is complete BS. Sure, the intances that he's talking about sound bad when you give only one side of the story....try giving both sides to it. What a low life. If UND is so bad tell him to ask why Herb Brooks, one of the greatest if not the greatest hockey coaches ever told Zach Parise to go to UND instead of Minnesota!!!

17 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Here it is:

All I can say is Wow! What an a$$ clown. Someone is extremely jealous, perhaps he should be worried about his own and perhaps being able to start beating in-state teams before he throws daggers towards us. This is text book jealousy if I have ever seen it, I almost feel sorry for the guy but then I think about it a little more and no I definitely don't feel sorry for him. He must be hitting the crack again.

I like how on his follow up post he acted like that drug induced rant was based on fact and scientifically indisputable. He doesn't like the sioux and some other unnamed sources in the wcha didn't either. Some how I'm okay with that. 

And this is a great lesson to all the kids out there that is what meth can do to a brain. 

12 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

Wow, I like how he says he smart enough to not respond to our comments about what he says.....because what he says he should know is complete BS. Sure, the intances that he's talking about sound bad when you give only one side of the story....try giving both sides to it. What a low life. If UND is so bad tell him to ask why Herb Brooks, one of the greatest if not the greatest hockey coaches ever told Zach Parise to go to UND instead of Minnesota!!!

Or why the Broten brothers told their sister to send her son to North Dakota. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, crb1 said:

All I can say is Wow! What an a$$ clown. Someone is extremely jealous, perhaps he should be worried about his own and perhaps being able to start beating in-state teams before he throws daggers towards us. This is text book jealousy if I have ever seen it, I almost feel sorry for the guy but then I think about it a little more and no I definitely don't feel sorry for him. He must be hitting the crack again.

Stillwater vs St. Cloud that's a true thug match. 

To be fair, his situation is just one more example of addiction being something you can't control, or he wouldn't have blown his life up over and over.  As for his message, well, good job living in the past.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jk said:

To be fair, his situation is just one more example of addiction being something you can't control, or he wouldn't have blown his life up over and over.  As for his message, well, good job living in the past.

True, but to be railing on people about drugs as he did time and again on his program, while he was doing the same things or worse disqualifies him from being taken seriously in my book.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, crb1 said:

I also have no idea what Drake was thinking when he crossed checked Garteig. Drake was called for a penalty and rightly so.

Drake was pushed into the direction of the goalie and with both hands on the stick he brought them up to try to avoid contact. Something you would normally do to brace for impact. But I think the q goalie embellished a little. That's what it looked like to me. 

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Here it is:

He is getting North Dakota mixed up with his own team. That was a very succinct description of Golden Gopher Hockey, under both Woog and Lucia.

Was glad to see Gage gave LJ the championship trophy immediately after he got it from the NCAA brass.  Tough to see a kid miss one game all season and Saturday's game was it. LJ had some moments during the season but was terrific down the stretch and in the playoffs.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

He is getting North Dakota mixed up with his own team. That was a very succinct description of Golden Gopher Hockey, under both Woog and Lucia.

Love the new avatar!!  Glad you could finally change it from the one you had for years.  I do appreciate you cutting out the guy standing next to you in that pic!!

• Upvote 2