SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - SATURDAY Gameday NCAA TITLE GAME

AZSIOUX

Have it on the dvr and will probably watch several times this week.

Last night, at the start of the third, my son was upstairs dealing with kids when the period started. I "paused" the telecast to wait for him to return. Shortly after my phone "buzzed" indicating someone had scored on the CHN app. Didn't look, had to wait for him to return, then wait for several up and down the ice rushes to see if it was 2-2 and 3-1.  You could imagine the angst every time the puck went to the Sioux end, until finally, the Boeser to Scmaltz to Caguilla goal happened. Relief and celebrations occurred simultaneously.

good article

North Dakota's path to the Frozen Four went through the hottest team in the country (a Northeastern team they dismantled in the first round), the team with the best regular-season line in the country (a Michigan team the team's depth picked apart in the regional final), the only team that beat them twice this year (a Denver team they choked out on Thursday), and the team with the best record in the country. They finished the NCAA tournament with 21 goals for just seven against in four games.

Can't knock the hustle on that. That's what the best team in the nation does.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ncaa-frozen-four--cbs-line-leads-north-dakota-to-eighth-title-040207612.html

20 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Fine, I'll say it...

YEA HAWKS HAWKS!

That's not a Hawks Cheer, it's  Sioux cheer. I was in Tampa and did not hear 1 Hawks cheer. On the other hand, there were thousands cheering for the Sioux! You're not going to shove the Hawks name down the throats of the hockey crowd. Not happening!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Pecknold sure comes across as a twat in the post game.  Complaining about non calls? You gave up a shorty and scored on a 5 x 3.  I don't care if they are willing to come to GF and don't ask for a return trip, keep him off the schedule.

For him to complain about the officiating is ridiculous.  Q was clutching and grabbing, hooking all night.  I guess he felt they should 5 more 2 man advantages.

3 minutes ago, 4evrSIOUX said:

That's not a Hawks Cheer, it's  Sioux cheer. I was in Tampa and did not hear 1 Hawks cheer. On the other hand, there were thousands cheering for the Sioux! You're not going to shove the Hawks name down the throats of the hockey crowd. Not happening!

Annoyed me both nights....a Wisconsin jackass fan yelling "go hawks", or "let's go Hawks"! He was doing it in spite, driving many of us Sioux fans in front of him nuts. He cheered for Denver, then QU. He was yelling at people for standing during the game, very annoying person and some of his buddies also. Too bad, he was taking away from our beautiful night!

Was still a great night!

7 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Annoyed me both nights....a Wisconsin jackass fan yelling "go hawks", or "let's go Hawks"! He was doing it in spite, driving many of us Sioux fans in front of him nuts. He cheered for Denver, then QU. He was yelling at people for standing during the game, very annoying person and some of his buddies also. Too bad, he was taking away from our beautiful night!

Was still a great night!

I hope they had fun making their way through the ecstatic UND fans as they left.

50 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Was still a great night!

Sitting in 205?

1 hour ago, 4evrSIOUX said:

Yea, 'cuz I'm the guy who has been shoving Fighting Hawks down the throats of fans.  I know plenty of folks who would know otherwise.  ;)

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

likely addressed already in this thread, but two of the highlights were first, QU player saying "I don't give a F about you Boeser"....when stating his name shows you clearly do.  Acknowledgement shows you've already lost the mental edge.   Highlight two was right after their captain was taking repeated cheap shots at Schmatlz, Drake yelling at him "Who the F are you, shut up!"  Both F bombs being caught on national television was great.

St. Clair was yelling at him too.  That was great.

4 hours ago, fsioux said:

For him to complain about the officiating is ridiculous.  Q was clutching and grabbing, hooking all night.  I guess he felt they should 5 more 2 man advantages.

Not to mention the embellishments.  Garteig got called out by the announcers, and the guy who Gardner ran into threw his stick across the ice after he was on the ice was ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

I know in the long run this doesn't really matter but I was really curious why Garteig didn't get a penalty called on him for delay of game when he clearly took his own helmet off. I for the life of me could not understand that missed call. Now it truly could have been a missed call but the positioning of the ref seemed to show him in a good position to call that. Again it really had no bearing on the game but was an obvious delay of game. I also have no idea what Drake was thinking when he crossed checked Garteig. Drake was called for a penalty and rightly so.

• Upvote 2