SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - SATURDAY Gameday NCAA TITLE GAME

AZSIOUX

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He claimed we hit three of their guys with elbows to the head. 

They must be part of the diving team too?  I saw them fall easy all game long.  Trying to draw a penalty for their strong part of the game.  I think the refs got wise to it too.  Just took both players?

22 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

He claimed we hit three of their guys with elbows to the head. 

Was he upset their guy didn't get called for a 5 min major on that CFB too?      The calls against UND were legit, but with a 4-1 disparity in goals (and no, I don't believe PP's should be evened up for the sake of it) I was surprised that Q got away with a few things here and there.

• Upvote 1

likely addressed already in this thread, but two of the highlights were first, QU player saying "I don't give a F about you Boeser"....when stating his name shows you clearly do.  Acknowledgement shows you've already lost the mental edge.   Highlight two was right after their captain was taking repeated cheap shots at Schmatlz, Drake yelling at him "Who the F are you, shut up!"  Both F bombs being caught on national television was great.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bcblues said:

Obviously the announcers are homes.  Talk is all about QU players.

Was getting pretty sickining. The whole game you could tell who Barry was rooting for. All the way to the end it was all QU. Puke.

Was nice for our boys to not only win but to put on a clinic. Go Sioux!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

likely addressed already in this thread, but two of the highlights were first, QU player saying "I don't give a F about you Boeser"....when stating his name shows you clearly do.  Acknowledgement shows you've already lost the mental edge.   Highlight two was right after their captain was taking repeated cheap shots at Schmatlz, Drake yelling at him "Who the F are you, shut up!"  Both F bombs being caught on national television was great.

IMG_1203.MOV

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

For the record, I wore the exact same socks, undershirt and underwear (unwashed of course) for all four games for good luck!

All that tells us is that your hygiene doesn't change for hockey.

9 minutes ago, burd said:

All that tells us is that your hygiene doesn't change for hockey.

Yah, my fiancé thought that was pretty knarly. I've asked her if I could hold onto these unwashed items for next season and she emphatically said, "hell no!"

18 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

probably not a happier guy out there than colten st clair...classy move by brad to put him in the lineup for his last game and he played a pretty good game too...

All the Seniors took the final shift of the season together. I'm sure if there was a Senior goalie on the team he would have put him out there for the final shift too. 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

If you want to shake your head listen to the QU coach's post-game comments. 

To be fair he did mention that a few of his guys were banged up and that 3 took shots to the head. (not sure I'm buying that)  But here are his comments from the postgame presser regarding the Sioux:

"I think what North Dakota showed tonight is they were the better team. Doesn't mean we couldn't beat them. But that's the best team in college hockey. They are just loaded with talent and they're honest and they compete, and they backcheck, the goalie was great, Johnson was excellent."

20 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Plain and simple.......this game is on the shoulders of Cam. First time in a long, long time I feel completely comfortable with the guy in net with so much on the line.

He. Was. Terrific!

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Q is so soft. If the play continues as is it'll be a 5-1 UND win.

This was my thought right after period 1. QU was completely out manned 5x5. I still think they are soft........and chippy. 2nd best team in country.......meh. Probably 4th best team in the NCHC.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, BLEEDSGREEN said:

Was getting pretty sickining. The whole game you could tell who Barry was rooting for. All the way to the end it was all QU. Puke.

I didn't think that at all.  In the end, he was feeling bad for QU and the 5th goal in particular.  He just wanted to see them finish out the game hard and play with pride.  Nothing wrong with that.  Like I said yesterday, one THIRTY PLUS WIN team was going to go home and feel like their season was a total failure.  Quinnipiac had a heckofa season and has nothing to be ashamed of this morning.  Kudos to them on an outstanding season. 

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Quinny was chirping and getting chippy.  With 5 minutes left I thought a UND player would take it upon themselves to lay one of the chirpers out, I was praying for it!!  Well, it didn't happen which shows the players thought manhandling their opponent in the Natty was punishment enough.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I didn't think that at all.  In the end, he was feeling bad for QU and the 5th goal in particular.  He just wanted to see them finish out the game hard and play with pride.  Nothing wrong with that.  Like I said yesterday, one THIRTY PLUS WIN team was going to go home and feel like their season was a total failure.  Quinnipiac had a heckofa season and has nothing to be ashamed of this morning.  Kudos to them on an outstanding season. 

Me neither.  He said the winner of UND/DU would probably win the Natty.  He said UND 5 on 5 was too much for Quinny.  He said UND had the best fans, program, facilities, team, line, goalie.  Short of putting an Indian head UND logo jersey on what else do some people want to hear?  It's commen courtesy to pump up the team that's getting smoked.

• Upvote 3