SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Quinnipiac - SATURDAY Gameday NCAA TITLE GAME

AZSIOUX

Luke Johnson had his ups & downs but came back the second half of the season & became one of my favorite players - too bad getting hurt just before the championship - but he deserves credit for helping us get there

HOPE EVERYONE WHO CAN COME BACK DOES - WE NEED TO SHOW THIS WAS NO FLUKE & YOU ARE SPECIAL & WELCOME HERE 

4 minutes ago, nd jg said:

Post game press conference up on USCHO

I thought it was interesting Berry mentioned that he stressed backchecking in the neutral zone and that his most talented players bought into it, which helped create the culture.  We often talked here how well Schmaltz, Boeser, Caggiula and others backchecked all season long. 

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What was the difference?  This year WE had the hot goalie who didn't give up anything easy.  :cool:

Totally agree. Cam is MVP in my eyes. Yes we had guys that can bury the puck, but it's so much easier when you're playing with a lead, or a tie, and not playing catch up - and Cam provided that. He made many sick, crucial saves that could have changed momentum and maybe ND would have grab those sticks a little tighter. Instead he just demoralized the opponents. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I know this is going to happen...so I might as well be the first......and I probably will get chastised for it , but.... well, doggone, I just can't help it.....8>5

Dear Michigan, we're at the door ... 

7 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

I know this is going to happen...so I might as well be the first......and I probably will get chastised for it , but.... well, doggone, I just can't help it.....8>5

Ugh...let's just celebrate our own team's accomplishment...

• Upvote 2

Something that wasn't really brought up is how UND beat their neutral zone 1-1-3.  Noticed a pass to guy on half wall, then a quick pass to cutter about 10 feet away.  That guy beat the trap to blue line and started the rush.

Was that an adjustment cause BC seemed to have issues that UND didn't?

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

He claimed we hit three of their guys with elbows to the head. 

They were the softest team ever when they got hit.  They did some hitting but when on receiving end they got hurt constantly.  

Is holding guys down on the ice with the shaft of your stick legal?  Cause they got pretty good at that.

• Upvote 2