SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

11 hours ago, ChadR said:

We will have some good news being leaked in the next 24-48 hours. Buckle up fellas!

You've set the bar high with that. 
Now the only way you'll make me happy is if Jost has a certain defenseman in his stick bag when he arrives in Grand Forks. 

Anything less and you're a poseur, a facade, and a sham. ;):D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Sicatoka said:

You've set the bar high with that. 
Now the only way you'll make me happy is if Jost has a certain defenseman in his stick bag when he arrives in Grand Forks. 

Anything less and you're a poseur, a facade, and a sham. ;):D

That wouldn't be an "early departure" though.

Only thing left really is for Schmaltz to say he's  returning.

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Yea, conversation do go in tangents.  But on a message forum, where you're in a thread that has a particular topic, it usually makes sense to bring the conversation back to that topic.  When we're all here waiting for news on Schmaltz, or other people leaving, and I see the "Early Departures" thread pop up to the top, I don't think I'm out of line thinking that maybe there's some news on, I don't know, Early Departures. 

Instead I have to scroll through a conversation that there's already another thread for.  Yes, I can scroll through it, but how do I know if I should scroll past it if I don't read it first?  There's a reason we have different threads on a message board.

And it sure doesn't help when the moderators are contributing to it.

first world problems

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Yea, conversation do go in tangents.  But on a message forum, where you're in a thread that has a particular topic, it usually makes sense to bring the conversation back to that topic.  When we're all here waiting for news on Schmaltz, or other people leaving, and I see the "Early Departures" thread pop up to the top, I don't think I'm out of line thinking that maybe there's some news on, I don't know, Early Departures. 

Instead I have to scroll through a conversation that there's already another thread for.  Yes, I can scroll through it, but how do I know if I should scroll past it if I don't read it first?  There's a reason we have different threads on a message board.

Again, not denying any of that. You guys are right and I apologize if I am coming off as inconsiderate, or whatever. I'm just not bothered by it.

5 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Wait, threads aren't allowed to go off topic?  Do the moderators know about this? :)

Relax man.  Scrolling for an extra couple minutes is not going to ruin your day.  You got time to look on a message board during the day, you got time to scoll through off topic posts in a thread.  Just killing time till the Schmaltz news comes out.

• Upvote 1