SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, Hambone said:

AGS had their year end voting for a final poll after the championship.  I've always held this poll in high regard, even though there is sometimes a MVFC bias but the people that actually vote are typically very thoughtful.  UND came in the last poll at 23.

RankTeam:Total PointsFirst Place VotesPrevious Wk.

1North Dakota State Bison1600642

2Jacksonville State Gamecocks15101

3Richmond Spiders142814

4Northern Iowa Panthers138612

5Illinois State Redbirds13325

6Sam Houston State Bearkats115415

7Charleston Southern Buccaneers11428

8Chattanooga Mocs110310

9Portland State Vikings10477

10McNeese State Cowboys9683

11The Citadel Bulldogs87118

12Montana Grizzlies86919

13Colgate Raiders79038

14South Dakota State Jackrabbits7864

15James Madison Dukes75111

16William & Mary Tribe6396

17Southern Utah Thunderbirds61613

18Coastal Carolina Chanticleers5719

19Western Illinois Leathernecks40335

20Fordham Rams26317

21Harvard Crimson25622

22New Hampshire Wildcats18929

23North Dakota18328

24Eastern Illinois Panthers16630

25Dartmouth Big Green15023

ORV:

26Northern Arizona Lumberjacks11716

27Duquesne Dukes102NR

28North Carolina A&T Aggies8520

29Towson Tigers5531

30Western Carolina Catamounts4437

31Dayton Flyers4325

32Youngstown State Penguins4127

33Central Arkansas Bears2821

34Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks2636

35Pennsylvania Quakers2534

36Villanova Wildcats1126

37Bethune-Cookman Wildcats1032

38Southern Illinois Salukis8NR

39Eastern Washington Eagles724

40Lehigh Mountain Hawks5NR

Of course there is a MVFC bias since that site is Bisonville 2.0 

I normally don't like when people bring posts from other forum sites back here. But I found this one funny and fitting to the discussion going on here. Apparently this isn't the only site that FU fans constantly hang around looking for approval. 

Post something about the NC game on eGriz.com.  It won't be long before one of the seemingly 100 T-Buff fans who are on eGriz.com constantly has to pipe up with a "look at me" dance.  

T-Buffs fans:  the bestest fans in the world; just ask them.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73008

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I see 5 top 25. 3 top 10. I don't think it's too outrageous. 

Other than Western Illinois maybe, where is your beef?

I left that site because it was nothing but a Bison "look at me" post fest in every thread especially the UND game threads that had nothing to do with them, and when the mods did nothing but kiss their behind I left.

30 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I'm tired of seeing dedicated UND alumni on Facebook wearing gold in frisco. Support your own damn team you traitors!

+1000

I personally have learned a lot about some people in that regard over the last 3-4 years and have been disappointed.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

+1000

I personally have learned a lot about some people in that regard over the last 3-4 years and have been disappointed.

They are buying into that "It's good for the entire state of North Dakota" crap being promoted by Joel Heitkamp of KFGO and probably some others as well. All I know is that I will bleed Kelly Green and White forever and never, EVER support NDSU.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

+1000

I know, it is so pathetic!! The UND grads wearing SU stuff in Frisco......cutting the tags off their Bison gear on the drive down, that is a deal breaker for me, I don't associate with turncoats.  The Concordia folks make me sick, too, I try to avoid them at all costs. (The die hard Concordia grad Bison band wagoners)

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I know, it is so pathetic!! The UND grads wearing SU stuff in Frisco......cutting the tags off their Bison gear on the drive down, that is a deal breaker for me, I don't associate with turncoats.  The Concordia folks make me sick, too, I try to avoid them at all costs. (The die hard Concordia grad Bison band wagoners)

Yellow sweatshirt and tacky/signature Concordia combo. That's up there with skinny jeans and a hipster beard for me.

On 1/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, Cratter said:

6.7.8 in a row. NDSU needs to somehow capitalize on all this success. Otherwise all this success will be a distant memory. 

I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger push to somehow increase capacity/build a new stadium/position itself for FBS.  If they had a 30,000+ seat stadium and winning all these titles, the discussion would be a lot different. But instead it's like "OK cool. Now what? Nothing. Try it again next year." And just waiting for others to "catch up."

This subject has been beaten to death. You can add seats but it isnt economically feasible. To do so at the dome you would also knock them out of business for 2 years far any major renovations...

I could go on but its not " ok cool"  Its more ....It is what it is. Until opportunities present themselves.

I

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

I couldn't agree more, and I can't even wrap my head around what they are thinking. 

Won't spend a weekend cheering on their own alma mater's football team, but will spend thousands of dollars to travel to frisco to watch enemy #1. 

#undbanwagonproblems

i think we should also regard hockey only fans as bandwagoners too. What a waste of a fanbase to be only hockey fans. If anything we should all get behind basketball because that is where he nation will actually care about UND. Screw these niche sports like hockey and FCS football

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Back on topic......

should UND be disappointed they have not gathered the bandwagon fan base as NDSU has? I don't think we would want those kind of fans anyways. Will the bandwagon be there after some consecutive losing seasons? If you want a laugh just ask a bison fan who the coach of the bison was in the 90's? Majority of those bandwagoners could not answer that. I grew up playing hockey and football in ND and NDSU was never on my radar ( granted UND was on top then). Were their games even on TV? I'm tired of seeing dedicated UND alumni on Facebook wearing gold in frisco. Support your own damn team you traitors!

Every team should want those bandwagon fans.   They buy tickets and put cash in the bank.   The fans of  these boards bitch about them.... But the bandwagoners generate cash.   They are a big reason why at the FCS level and above neither NDSU or UND will play FB outside.   The bandwagoners won't sit through the miserable weather at the end of the season..... I see it in Laramie and Ft.  Collins  all the time. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Back on topic......

should UND be disappointed they have not gathered the bandwagon fan base as NDSU has? I don't think we would want those kind of fans anyways. Will the bandwagon be there after some consecutive losing seasons? If you want a laugh just ask a bison fan who the coach of the bison was in the 90's? Majority of those bandwagoners could not answer that. I grew up playing hockey and football in ND and NDSU was never on my radar ( granted UND was on top then). Were their games even on TV? I'm tired of seeing dedicated UND alumni on Facebook wearing gold in frisco. Support your own damn team you traitors!

I say  we stop comparing our football fans and experience to SU and just keep moving ahead. The crowd is coming back. I will still say that UND doesn't do much to build the excitment or on tailgating (now I know when they read this they will shake their head but if you keep doing what you are doing and get the same results that's insanity). Ideas have been shared here several times by tailgaters to improve and grow the experience. Also I must say I can't imagine you would ever see an SU Sucks sign or banner at a UND event that was not playing SU - out of sight out of mind - but not down south. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Sadly, they will all come racing back to be "fans" of hockey.

3 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Oh good.....another hockey basher.

I don't think it's a hockey basher, just questioning the moral compass of a person(s).  To be 100% truthful.....I have a NDSU Club Hockey T-shirt that I wear sometimes.  (sounds pretty stupid, huh?)  I seriously have one, just for the irony of being a UND Football Fan.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I don't think it's a hockey basher, just questioning the moral compass of a person(s).  To be 100% truthful.....I have a NDSU Club Hockey T-shirt that I wear sometimes.  (sounds pretty stupid, huh?)  I seriously have one, just for the irony of being a UND Football Fan.

Wasn't hockey bashing at all.  At least now I know to spell everything out more clearly.

13 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They are buying into that "It's good for the entire state of North Dakota" crap being promoted by Joel Heitkamp of KFGO and probably some others as well. All I know is that I will bleed Kelly Green and White forever and never, EVER support NDSU.

You mean like UND fans and admins did when begging for a game against NDSU so your football team would have one week of relevance in the State during the season?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4