SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

58 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

is it a known fact that the MAC offers less than the max fbs scholly limit and if so do all schools figure out that number and are required to stay at that number and if so what is that number?  and same for sun belt?

76.5 fb scholarships is acceptable (90% of 85) for FBS.  Don't think all MAC schools do it.

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Carson Wentz's draft will bring much more attention than anything the bizon have done on the field.

That said, I long for the days of Best Buy and petition gate.  Thought those days would recur by now.

If Carson Wentz goes in the first round there is more gas thrown on the UND athletic program. NDSU will use that as a recruiting tool especially at the QB position.

Just like in Division II days other schools will step up - dynasties do end, quite obvious that right now second tier football is not very balanced. I like the quality of our program from top to bottom. How great would it be for UND to be the team to end the run. Someone is going to do it - hopefully next year. 

• Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Just like in Division II days other schools will step up - dynasties do end, quite obvious that right now second tier football is not very balanced. I like the quality of our program from top to bottom. How great would it be for UND to be the team to end the run. Someone is going to do it - hopefully next year. 

But their dynasty in the 80's ended not because we got better but because of the reduction in scholarships. (To quote Rocky Hager) I hope their dynasty ends and ends soon. 

23 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Both teams clearly did improve during the season. Despite that improvement, UND was no closer to NDSU at the end of the season than it was in September.  If anything, the gap increased during the season.

The team that played on Saturday looked very different from the team that got beat in Missoula.   I think that one area where there was huge growth was the defensive secondary.   All young guys that really improved.   It also seems that the strength and conditioning program is vital to building a team that can outlast the competition.   

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Bison could win another 5.  I think another one is almost certain.  Hope Bubba can put an end to this before the streak is 10.

1 hour ago, WYOBISONMAN said:

The team that played on Saturday looked very different from the team that got beat in Missoula.   I think that one area where there was huge growth was the defensive secondary.   All young guys that really improved.   It also seems that the strength and conditioning program is vital to building a team that can outlast the competition.   

You're exactly right....their secondary was the weak link...mainly at CB during the first part of the season.

16 hours ago, CMSioux said:

Here we go again it's been less than 24 hours and some SU fans have no place better be than a UND fan site.

Not really a surprise considering they were again chanting about UND after their win on Saturday.

11 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

Well, Klieman did dismiss a player during the playoffs for breaking team rules. There is that.

Yet there is still multiple players on the team who have charged with theft. Curious what he did to get kicked off, weird there was no follow-up by the Fargo media on that one...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, WYOBISONMAN said:

Other than playing on Saturday,  that could have described UND

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

Sorry, but this stuff really doesn't offend me.  If it offended you, then maybe you need thicker skin.  No apology needed.  Publicly being made a fool is good enough for me.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, sprig said:

I have never understood that mentality. They're on the verge of winning 5 straight....and they are thinking of team that didn't even make the playoffs. But we have those same fans too ....no matter who we are playing or what we are playing for, all we can talk about are the Bison or Gophers.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, darell1976 said:

If Carson Wentz goes in the first round there is more gas thrown on the UND athletic program. NDSU will use that as a recruiting tool especially at the QB position.

Dan Patrick show giving more love to NDSU this morning. Wentz on at 9:45 to pump up the university even more.

• Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, sprig said:

Par for the course. But at the end of the day, people need to hold idiots accountable with their pocketbook.

I know that there are many UND alum in prominent positions at a great number of Fargo/Moorhead businesses. Pull advertising for awhile from these companies like KVRR who choose to employ a complete moron and Midwest communications for this type of crap. That can be controlled and a message sent.

As far as the regular Bison fans who are still obsessed with everything UND and lash out at their "non-rival"....just give them a pat on the head and tell them nice job as they really just want their Big Brother's approval.

Even after 5 consecutive titles Jan(NDSU) is still Jan and Marcia(UND) is still Marcia.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Rory said:

Dan Patrick show giving more love to NDSU this morning. Wentz on at 9:45 to pump up the university even more.

Pump up the university? Are they discussing NDSU's recent downgrade in research rankings or something different?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Sorry, but this stuff really doesn't offend me.  If it offended you, then maybe you need thicker skin.  No apology needed.  Publicly being made a fool is good enough for me.

If you meant me,  I'm not offended. The Bison fan in the report apparently is.

I think it's funny a fan would go through the trouble of making that flag,  then hauling it all the way to a championship game in Texas.

Would not be surprised if it would be one of those here to gloat after a championship,  like Rory, or nd1sufan.

7 minutes ago, sprig said:

If you meant me,  I'm not offended. The Bison fan in the report apparently is.

I think it's funny a fan would go through the trouble of making that flag,  then hauling it all the way to a championship game in Texas

meh...people have their own reason for doing things, doesn't necessarily say anything to me about where the fanbases' head is at.

Maybe his brother or his best buddy is a sioux fan and he wanted to make a statement, who knows.

2 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I have never understood that mentality. They're on the verge of winning 5 straight....and they are thinking of team that didn't even make the playoffs. But we have those same fans too ....no matter who we are playing or what we are playing for, all we can talk about are the Bison or Gophers.

Maybe on message boards but not in the community in general. As someone who lives in Fargo and spends a lot of time in Grand Forks I have noticed that in General people in Grand Forks for the most part don't give a !@#$ about NDSU or go out of their way to comment on or disparage NDSU....for example when someone walks into a restaurant or bar in Grand Forks and is wearing a NDSU logoed hat or pullover they can pretty much expect no comments or acknowledgement of their clothing choice(people working and serving them might unconsciously speak slower and take more time explaining things to them;), but no aggressive comments) vs. someone(myself) for example. I can't remember the last time I entered a bar or restaurant in Fargo while wearing UND apparel when I didn't have some mouth breathing Beavis make some comment.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Maybe on message boards but not in the community in general. As someone who lives in Fargo and spends a lot of time in Grand Forks I have noticed that in General people in Grand Forks for the most part don't give a !@#$ about NDSU or go out of their way to comment on or disparage NDSU....for example when someone walks into a restaurant or bar in Grand Forks and is wearing a NDSU logoed hat or pullover they can pretty much expect no comments or acknowledgement of their clothing choice(people working and serving them might unconsciously speak slower and take more time explaining things to them;), but no aggressive comments) vs. someone(myself) for example. I can't remember the last time I entered a bar or restaurant in Fargo while wearing UND apparel when I didn't have some mouth breathing Beavis make some comment.

I got plenty of grief Saturday night in Grand Forks.  It's may be worse in Fargo for all I know. I had a Bison hat on. Nothing too terrible. All in good fun.

1 minute ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I got plenty of grief Saturday night in Grand Forks.  It's may be worse in Fargo for all I know. I had a Bison hat on. Nothing too terrible. All in good fun.

I'm guessing you were talking during that time....I'm sure that didn't help.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I'm guessing you were talking during that time....I'm sure that didn't help.

Every fanbase wants to think they are above having idiots in their ranks, but no group is immune, UND fans included. NDSU just has a lot of "newer" fans who don't know how to be humble since the last 6 years is all they know. All us old Bison fans are just as embarrassed and annoyed when we hear sioux chants at games that don't involve UND.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Every fanbase wants to think they are above having idiots in their ranks, but no group is immune, UND fans included. NDSU just has a lot of "newer" fans who don't know how to be humble since the last 6 years is all they know. All us old Bison fans are just as embarrassed and annoyed when we here sioux chants at games that don't involve UND.

Yep...said that about 10 posts back.