SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

NDSU players have already been caught "cheating" a few times while at NDSU.  

They were getting paid to steal from Best Buy. 

They were paid to sit and sign signatures. 

Both are pretty nice lucrative careers. 

Just waiting for the next scandal to break.

Talk about sour grapes. I know UND athletes have never been in trouble with the law. Oh wait.

15 minutes ago, Rory said:

Talk about sour grapes. I know UND athletes have never been in trouble with the law. Oh wait.

No say it ain't so!   Remember your fb at Scheels?  That is just the latest one.  How many players had to set out games this year for team rules? Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house.  

• Downvote 1

Here we go again it's been less than 24 hours and some SU fans have no place better be than a UND fan site. Hey it's a UND fan site that means things are going to be said about other teams - especially ones we dislike. Those comments are typical for what fans would say when they are tweaking other teams. As has been said dozens of times what SU has done is historic in the second highest tier of college football. If that was my school the last place I would be the day after we won a national championship is on another school's fan site hoovering to reply to comments. I do have to say the team should also be commended for staying out of alley fights and away from shopping malls with their junk exposed (see what I did there.) 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

No say it ain't so!   Remember your fb at Scheels?  That is just the latest one.  How many players had to set out games this year for team rules? Don't throw bricks when you live in a glass house.  

While I don't agree with the entire conversation and don't think anything "funny" goes on in Fargo. How many NDSU players haven't sat out when breaking team rules, or the law?  It's a program that's places winning above anything else.  

7 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Here we go again it's been less than 24 hours and some SU fans have no place better be than a UND fan site. Hey it's a UND fan site that means things are going to be said about other teams - especially ones we dislike. Those comments are typical for what fans would say when they are tweaking other teams. As has been said dozens of times what SU has done is historic in the second highest tier of college football. If that was my school the last place I would be the day after we won a national championship is on another school's fan site hoovering to reply to comments. I do have to say the team should also be commended for staying out of alley fights and away from shopping malls with their junk exposed (see what I did there.) 

If I was a FU fan, I'd be scouring the bars of Frisco for my credit cards in the hands of the felon from the land of lakes...

I don't like their fans coming here either, but c'mon guys...

They are head and shoulders above any other team in the Division. 5 in a row is evidence of that and there's no real strong reason to think it won't continue next year. I wrote that their streak ends when UND beats them in the playoffs. It sure seems to me that Bubba ball is the only way to beat them and if we don't no one else will.

That said, tip our hats, don't accuse them of wrong doing as it sounds like sour grapes, and let's talk about UND football not their football.

• Upvote 3

As they say in the Geico commercials "when you are a fan posting on your own school's fan site bashing rivals is is what you do."  Every comments doesn't need to be rebutted by visiting trolls. Most of us understand it's just chatter. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shep said:

I don't like their fans coming here either, but c'mon guys...

They are head and shoulders above any other team in the Division. 5 in a row is evidence of that and there's no real strong reason to think it won't continue next year. I wrote that their streak ends when UND beats them in the playoffs. It sure seems to me that Bubba ball is the only way to beat them and if we don't no one else will.

That said, tip our hats, don't accuse them of wrong doing as it sounds like sour grapes, and let's talk about UND football not their football.

I am sick and tired of "tipping my hat" to other teams and other programs. It is all we ever do around here anymore and I am sick and tired of it. Our last national title in any sport was the 2001 Division II football title on December 8th, 2001 in Florence, AL. We used to stand for excellence, now we are just happy to have programs that are called Division I. It is high time we change that. First, hockey this April. Next, football either in 2016 or 2017.

And Bison fans have absolutely no right to come on another team's message board and run their mouths. Trolling will get the same response from me, I don't care if they don't lose a single game for the next 10 years. You will be told to shut up, get lost and go back to Bisonville. I don't go onto other team's discussion forums and the Bison trolls on here should think about following the same rule for themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I hope you didn't take my comments as being "happy to have programs that are called Division I. "Though I'm not sure how much influence I, or any of us, on a message board can help to change that.

They have every right to come here and run their mouths. It's the First Amendment. I don't like them; I don't partake in many convos with them, but they have the right to act like jackassses if they so desire. Ignore them. The only reason they come here is to get a reaction.

9 minutes ago, shep said:

I hope you didn't take my comments as being "happy to have programs that are called Division I. "Though I'm not sure how much influence I, or any of us, on a message board can help to change that.

They have every right to come here and run their mouths. It's the First Amendment. I don't like them; I don't partake in many convos with them, but they have the right to act like jackassses if they so desire. Ignore them. The only reason they come here is to get a reaction.

I didn't think the First Amendment applied to a private message board like this. But I digress.....

I wasn't really aiming that comment at you, but at the growing portion of our fan base who seem just fine and dandy with the mediocre performances of several of our programs since we moved up. About 15 years ago, that wasn't as much the case. The fact of the matter is, NDSU is getting all kinds of positive national attention for their FB team and their MBB team and that is a great recruiting tool for the entire campus, both athletic and non-athletic programs. Their national profile is getting big enough to render us almost invisible outside of college hockey circles (we are becoming "that other school in North Dakota"). And that is unacceptable for the Flagship campus of the North Dakota University System (and Bison rubes, I know you hate hearing that, but that is what we are). The next President of this school needs to understand how valuable athletics can be to marketing all of our programs (academics and research included) or we will continue to become even more irrelevant outside of college hockey circles.

11 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

On one hand, NDSU was a few plays away from being undefeated, on the other hand their regular season was a few plays away from being 7-4 (UNI and Youngstown regular season games). The more time they have to prepare and the bigger the game it seems like either 1) they have things down to a science on players peaking for the game or 2) they are doing something different with their players than the rest of college football, and I am not necessarily saying it's illegal, but the thought has crossed my mind. 

Another aspect is schematics.......doesn't seem earth shattering but they are very sound on O and especially D.

3 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

This is pathetic. Accusing NDSU of cheating because you can't compete with them.  

If developing players and preparing them well is cheating maybe they are.  

You left a bunch out, point 1- the players are prepared for big games, they seem bigger, faster, stronger.  And I pointed out NDSU is ahead of the game, and I said it is not necessarily illegal.  I said it crossed my mind as an objective view of any team doing something unprecedented.  Thanks for your interest........leave your insecurities at Bisonville.

44 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't think the First Amendment applied to a private message board like this. But I digress.....

I wasn't really aiming that comment at you, but at the growing portion of our fan base who seem just fine and dandy with the mediocre performances of several of our programs since we moved up. About 15 years ago, that wasn't as much the case. The fact of the matter is, NDSU is getting all kinds of positive national attention for their FB team and their MBB team and that is a great recruiting tool for the entire campus, both athletic and non-athletic programs. Their national profile is getting big enough to render us almost invisible outside of college hockey circles (we are becoming "that other school in North Dakota"). And that is unacceptable for the Flagship campus of the North Dakota University System (and Bison rubes, I know you hate hearing that, but that is what we are). The next President of this school needs to understand how valuable athletics can be to marketing all of our programs (academics and research included) or we will continue to become even more irrelevant outside of college hockey circles.

To add insult to injury ESPN is going to have Gameday comeback to Fargo next season. More publicity to the state's most recognizable sports team (except hockey). I know that statement is going to sting and some will not think its true but when you talk sports except hockey what name pops up...NDSU. What will change that, simple, winning. Did NDSU cheat no, they won when it counted, in the playoffs. Should we be happy, hell no. More winning equals more attention equals more better recruits looking at their school over ours. And winning will change that. Bubba took the first step in getting this program out of the Muss hole and to a 7-4 record, Brewster had immediate success but is struggling, Jones came close to the dance but didn't make it. UND baseball got big props from the NCAA home run derby. Now on the flip side Bison football is king again, Bison men's basketball is king of the dance in terms of beating teams. UND needs more attention to their "non hockey" sports, we can win in more than just hockey. 2001 we won it all in football and almost won it all in hockey. 1997 we won it all in women's basketball and hockey. It can be done we can win in hockey and in football, basketball (not win it all but win in the dance), and maybe people will talk about UND sports and not about our nickname and NDSU sports. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

To add insult to injury ESPN is going to have Gameday comeback to Fargo next season. More publicity to the state's most recognizable sports team (except hockey). I know that statement is going to sting and some will not think its true but when you talk sports except hockey what name pops up...NDSU. What will change that, simple, winning. Did NDSU cheat no, they won when it counted, in the playoffs. Should we be happy, hell no. More winning equals more attention equals more better recruits looking at their school over ours. And winning will change that. Bubba took the first step in getting this program out of the Muss hole and to a 7-4 record, Brewster had immediate success but is struggling, Jones came close to the dance but didn't make it. UND baseball got big props from the NCAA home run derby. Now on the flip side Bison football is king again, Bison men's basketball is king of the dance in terms of beating teams. UND needs more attention to their "non hockey" sports, we can win in more than just hockey. 2001 we won it all in football and almost won it all in hockey. 1997 we won it all in women's basketball and hockey. It can be done we can win in hockey and in football, basketball (not win it all but win in the dance), and maybe people will talk about UND sports and not about our nickname and NDSU sports. 

Carson Wentz's draft will bring much more attention than anything the bizon have done on the field.

That said, I long for the days of Best Buy and petition gate.  Thought those days would recur by now.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, homer said:

While I don't agree with the entire conversation and don't think anything "funny" goes on in Fargo. How many NDSU players haven't sat out when breaking team rules, or the law?  It's a program that's places winning above anything else.  

Well, Klieman did dismiss a player during the playoffs for breaking team rules. There is that.