SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

What's funny is it's always Bison fans who are being accused by many different fan bases, ESPN TV crews, etc. of being idiots and doing tasteless things.  But then they immediately always come back with "but every fan base has idiots".  What is the common entity in all these situations?  

Leave the other fan bases and "assumptions" about them out and accept the proven criticism of your idiocy.  

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

What's funny is it's always Bison fans who are being accused by many different fan bases, ESPN TV crews, etc. of being idiots and doing tasteless things.  But then they immediately always come back with "but every fan base has idiots".  What is the common entity in all these situations?  

Leave the other fan bases and "assumptions" about them out and accept the proven criticism of your idiocy.  

A lot of guys who have never choked have never been in the position to do so.

Tom Watson

I'm going to say it again:

NDSU doesn't do anything exceptional; however, they do what they do exceptionally well. 

The culture in their FB program right now is 'do it right or sit' because the guy behind you will do it right if you don't. Mistakes on the field are not acceptable. This mindset is one that needs to be instilled in any program looking to compete against them. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'm going to say it again:

NDSU doesn't do anything exceptional; however, they do what they do exceptionally well. 

The culture in their FB program right now is 'do it right or sit' because the guy behind you will do it right if you don't. Mistakes on the field are not acceptable. This mindset is one that needs to be instilled in any program looking to compete against them. 

Do it right or sit...and get your scholarship reduced.  Which is what UND is now doing, also, instead of tying up money in 3rd stringers who don't work hard and/or pan out.  

Part of NDSU's success is during their playoff runs they've only faced one or two teams built to beat them.

Let's face it, beyond ISU (Red), UNI, SDSU, (a shocking) USD, Montana, and a retooling UND, the rest of FCS is not built to play power, in-the-trenches, mistake-free football that it takes when you play NDSU right now. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Your point?

My point is NDSU is in a position to be under the microscope. Plenty of other fanbases have idiots, some even more so than NDSU in my experience, but who is talking about them? 

Nobody talks about Minnesota Twins fans, or Cleveland Browns fans. They talk about Yankees fans and Patriots fans being arrogant and insufferable, NDSU finds themselves in this same position.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

My point is NDSU is in a position to be under the microscope. Plenty of other fanbases have idiots, some even more so than NDSU in my experience, but who is talking about them? 

Nobody talks about Minnesota Twins fans, or Cleveland Browns fans. They talk about Yankees fans and Patriots fans being arrogant and insufferable, NDSU finds themselves in this same position.

Plenty of people talking about Cincinnati Bengals fans today.  

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

There it is again...."but, but, so do other fan bases......"

Just now, UND1983 said:

There it is again...."but, but, so do other fan bases......"

What is your point? NDSU has idiots, plenty of them. So do other fan bases, not exactly a revelation. 

The difference is, you see NDSU fans acting out on the news because it sells papers and gets clicks because people know the NDSU name now.

I was at highschool game a few years back where a guy was literally beaten by a group of fans from the other team. No news story. Why? 

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

What is your point? NDSU has idiots, plenty of them. So do other fan bases, not exactly a revelation.

The difference is, you see NDSU fans acting out on the news because it sells papers and gets clicks because people know the NDSU name now.

I was at highschool game a few years back where a guy was literally beaten by a group of fans from the other team. No news story. Why?

I would definitely put NDSU's name recognition alongside the Patriots and the Yankees. hahahaha!

8 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I would definitely put NDSU's name recognition alongside the Patriots and the Yankees. hahahaha!

Glad you spent the time to make an account for this contribution. It was definitely worth your time. BTW love the name, you can call me the dude, or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Just now, Bison06 said:

Glad you spent the time to make an account for this contribution. It was definitely worth your time. BTW love the name, you can call me the dude, or el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Man, I'm new to the message board. Hopefully I can hassle you for many years to come.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

Don't play dumb. The point is the fans of "successful" teams will get bad reputations.

Are you going to read about UND fans punching holes in the cities or are you going to read about Alabama Huntsville?

AGS had their year end voting for a final poll after the championship.  I've always held this poll in high regard, even though there is sometimes a MVFC bias but the people that actually vote are typically very thoughtful.  UND came in the last poll at 23.

RankTeam:Total PointsFirst Place VotesPrevious Wk.

1North Dakota State Bison1600642

2Jacksonville State Gamecocks15101

3Richmond Spiders142814

4Northern Iowa Panthers138612

5Illinois State Redbirds13325

6Sam Houston State Bearkats115415

7Charleston Southern Buccaneers11428

8Chattanooga Mocs110310

9Portland State Vikings10477

10McNeese State Cowboys9683

11The Citadel Bulldogs87118

12Montana Grizzlies86919

13Colgate Raiders79038

14South Dakota State Jackrabbits7864

15James Madison Dukes75111

16William & Mary Tribe6396

17Southern Utah Thunderbirds61613

18Coastal Carolina Chanticleers5719

19Western Illinois Leathernecks40335

20Fordham Rams26317

21Harvard Crimson25622

22New Hampshire Wildcats18929

23North Dakota18328

24Eastern Illinois Panthers16630

25Dartmouth Big Green15023

ORV:

26Northern Arizona Lumberjacks11716

27Duquesne Dukes102NR

28North Carolina A&T Aggies8520

29Towson Tigers5531

30Western Carolina Catamounts4437

31Dayton Flyers4325

32Youngstown State Penguins4127

33Central Arkansas Bears2821

34Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks2636

35Pennsylvania Quakers2534

36Villanova Wildcats1126

37Bethune-Cookman Wildcats1032

38Southern Illinois Salukis8NR

39Eastern Washington Eagles724

40Lehigh Mountain Hawks5NR

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

Why weren't they talking about them before the last few years? 

Not sure what they talked about before their fans brought negative attention on themselves.  I don't follow what fans in Ohio are talking about just like no one outside ND cares about what fans in North Dakota are talking about.  

• Upvote 3

K thanks!...

I'd bet the audience this story is targeting know both the UND and the NDSU name.  No one outside Fargo or Grand Forks likely cares.  Honestly, most people in Grand Forks or Fargo likely don't care.  I don't feel an apology is needed.  I find it funny it was there.  

Wondering where the UNI or SDSU flags were?

6 hours ago, UND1981 said:

Bison could win another 5.  I think another one is almost certain.  Hope Bubba can put an end to this before the streak is 10.

I have a strong hunch one of their Mo Vallley Football Conference brethren will put an end to the run before we do.   As much as it would be nice to be "the one" to end the streak, we aren't there yet.