SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

Just now, CAS4127 said:

You mean like UND fans and admins did when begging for a game against NDSU so your football team would have one week of relevance in the State during the season?

Not all of us were "begging for a game against NDSU". I was 100% against it; I felt we should wait until our program was back on its feet and if that meant waiting for a future playoff match-up, then so be it. And a lot of people on both sides think the game should be played every year. And yes, it is something the whole state would embrace.

But NDSU having success on a national stage helps NDSU and ONLY NDSU. Otherwise, it is either neutral or a negative.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CAS4127 said:

You mean like UND fans and admins did when begging for a game against NDSU so your football team would have one week of relevance in the State during the season?

Have you matured a little bit over the winter?  Where are all the !!!?????!@!!?!!?!?!!?!?'s at?

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Have you matured a little bit over the winter?  Where are all the !!!?????!@!!?!!?!?!!?!?'s at?

Must be a busy court day in Steele County, just enough time to check Siouxsports.com and post a quick sentence, yet not allowing for enough time to hold down keys. Your taxpayer dollars are important to not be wasteful. 

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Not all of us were "begging for a game against NDSU". I was 100% against it; I felt we should wait until our program was back on its feet and if that meant waiting for a future playoff match-up, then so be it. And a lot of people on both sides think the game should be played every year. And yes, it is something the whole state would embrace.

But NDSU having success on a national stage helps NDSU and ONLY NDSU. Otherwise, it is either neutral or a negative.

This is just plain silly. Of course, the State of North Dakota has benefitted from the positive exposure it has gotten from NDSU's success. It's hard to imagine how anyone could believe otherwise.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Shawn-O said:

NDSU benefiting, and North Dakota benefiting, are distinctly different.  

Don't be ridiculous. There is no doubt that that has benefitted, along with NDSU. I'm sure you really do understand that..even if you have trouble accepting it.

5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Don't be ridiculous. There is no doubt that that has benefitted, along with NDSU. I'm sure you really do understand that..even if you have trouble accepting it.

Yeah it's quite a bonanza, similar to the Lamoreaux twins in the Winter Olympics or Darin Erstad and Travis Hafner in MLB.  Of course there's the 23 former UND players on NHL rosters, let's not forget the benefit of that also. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

The greatest benefit to the State was having all of you in Texas for a few days.  Fargo was so much more enjoyable.

I live in Fargo.........and I approve your message!

9 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Wow, sour grapes is strong with this one.

I just asked for physical examples how the state of North Dakota has benefited from NDSU's success.  There has to be a long list of benefits since you think my question is so ridiculous.  So let's hear them?  I want to hear all these benefits!!

53 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

This is just plain silly. Of course, the State of North Dakota has benefitted from the positive exposure it has gotten from NDSU's success. It's hard to imagine how anyone could believe otherwise.

45 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You're joking...right.

38 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

19 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Wow, sour grapes is strong with this one.

You're spending a lot of time deflecting instead of providing countless examples on something you claim is clear as day.

EDIT:

5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You already know the answer to that question ... eat your heart out.

That's 5 posts now and yet you still can't provide an answer to a question you claim is simple.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rory said:

Get ready for a ton of Wentz talk nationally with the upcoming draft. Of course it has started already. 

His stock is going to depend on how he does in the week of the senior bowl or whatever bowl game he is playing in.    

12 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

You already know the answer to that question ... eat your heart out.

No I don't.  Quantify the benefit to the State of North Dakota for us.  Honestly I have no idea what the benefit would be that other sports wouldn't also provide.

• Upvote 2