SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

UND fans would be thrilled with one FCS championship.

we were thrilled in 2001 when we got our first D2 NC, it was great to reach the top then 2 seasons later we almost made it to the top again but falling short in the Championship game. Same thing for this division, a chance to play and win an FCS championship would be a dream because there is no way any Dakota school would win (or play) in an FBS playoff with p5 teams.

Winning an FCS national championship almost guarantees a couple nationally televised games on either ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU, which in itself is a really big deal. Not to mention, everyone knows the top FCS team is better than a handful of lower tier FBS teams.

It's a big deal to win an FCS title, and it would be a huge deal for UND and the community of Grand Forks. It also propagates continued success down the road. 

Wentz back on the practice field for the Bison. Coach Farley's head is spinning as I type this.

I think your overestimating what it is doing to UNI. I also get a kick out of the reasoning that it is some sort of huge advantage because UNI has to spend time preparing for two quarterbacks. Doesn't it have a similar effect on NDSU since they have two guys splitting first team reps, one who's never faced UNI or a defense that good and another who hasn't taken a snap in two months? 

Wentz back on the practice field for the Bison. Coach Farley's head is spinning as I type this.

I doubt it is confusing as you think.  You have a QB you haven't lost with vs one who hasn't taken a snap on two months.  I know which one I'd prepare for. 

I think your overestimating what it is doing to UNI. I also get a kick out of the reasoning that it is some sort of huge advantage because UNI has to spend time preparing for two quarterbacks. Doesn't it have a similar effect on NDSU since they have two guys splitting first team reps, one who's never faced UNI or a defense that good and another who hasn't taken a snap in two months? 

oh no, UNI has to spend 20 seconds on telling the defense what number Wentz is when he comes in for a decoy on the jet motion!!

oh no, UNI has to spend 20 seconds on telling the defense what number Wentz is when he comes in for a decoy on the jet motion!!

Regardless of who is under center, UNI is going to try and make NDSU beat them throwing the football.  When Wentz went down NDSU stopped trying to showcase the QB and went back to what has made them successful the last 4 seasons.  They haven't lost since.  UNI knows what offense to prepare for.  

They can see UND getting better and the thought of us getting into the playoffs, and stealing recruits worry them, or else why would they be here.

LOL I highly doubt any NDSU fan is "worried" about UND.  NDSU is going for 5 in a row and just embarrassed UND off the football field earlier this year.  I follow UND because I acknowledge you are our true rival regardless of whatever NDSU fan says.  We don't like SDSU and we hate UNI, but we better not lose to UND.  I thought you guys were coming along last year and would have been better then you were this year.  Next season I will hold judgement until I actually see a few games. 

BTW I think your run defense is really good.  I think your secondary is pretty bad, and I think the scheme asks way too much of them. I think the coaches defensive system sells out to stop the run, and puts the secondary on islands they can't handle. We'll see in the future though, but you better starting getting some significantly better talents in the secondary to be able to run that system.

LOL I highly doubt any NDSU fan is "worried" about UND.  NDSU is going for 5 in a row and just embarrassed UND off the football field earlier this year.  I follow UND because I acknowledge you are our true rival regardless of whatever NDSU fan says.  We don't like SDSU and we hate UNI, but we better not lose to UND.  I thought you guys were coming along last year and would have been better then you were this year.  Next season I will hold judgement until I actually see a few games. 

BTW I think your run defense is really good.  I think your secondary is pretty bad, and I think the scheme asks way too much of them. I think the coaches defensive system sells out to stop the run, and puts the secondary on islands they can't handle. We'll see in the future though, but you better starting getting some significantly better talents in the secondary to be able to run that system.

I think you spend too much time on BV and need to actually watch football games and get your own opinion.  You guys just recycle the same tired thoughts over and over.  Complete group-think between BV and AGS.  

UND does not sell out vs. the run.  They have 5 guys on the line being its a 3-4 vs. run formations.  Hence it looks like more guys up at the line.  

• Upvote 3

You should have seen our secondary a couple years ago.  

Curious on your thoughts of Western Illinois?  If UND was embarrassed off of the field, what about a 52 point loss against the backup QB. 

You should have seen our secondary a couple years ago.  

Curious on your thoughts of Western Illinois?  If UND was embarrassed off of the field, what about a 52 point loss against the backup QB. 

The BV Analytics Center of Excellence has issued a point of view that first downs and yardage are a better indicator than the final score/point differential.  Did you not receive the whitepaper?  

• Upvote 3

Looks like Bob Stitt has the stones to cut underperforming or poor fit players from the team.  Huh, what a concept.  

Around here we are supposed to honor their scholarships for 5 years because the previous staff thought they were good.