SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’m not interested in comparing NCAA hockey to FCS football in the context of this thread, as I clearly stated in my previous posts.

Do you mind posting something like this again? I don't think anyone understood your point. 

One person compared the speed in hiring a new head coach in one sport at NDSU to another coach in another sport at UND.  It wasn't a hockey vs football fight, but your insecurity has shown through once again and now the thread is dominated by a topic you introduced but continue to decry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’m not interested in comparing NCAA hockey to FCS football in the context of this thread, as I clearly stated in my previous posts. It always ends in UND looking foolish. 

Sure seems like you were....

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

As for NDSU football vs Rose Bowl, if only UND hockey could be so lucky to be competitively compared to upper level competition (NHL games?). Hell, the NCAA hockey regionals are typically half empty. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Sure seems like you were....

That was not my initial post nor my initial interest. You have simply picked a subsequent reply that fits your narrative. 

As to not confuse those who have trouble reading all the posts before commenting, here are the first two paragraphs I posted which explain my stance:

Who cares about Hakstol, Berry, NCAA hockey, hockey-obsessed UND-ignorant Las Vegas-based donors, etc. in the context of this discussion??

UND hockey has no place in this current discussion. FCS Football and NCAA hockey are really becoming (and I guess always have been) apples to oranges comparisons. 

As such, I’m not touching NCAA hockey when discussing FCS football. Too much bias here for that. I’m only interested in quantitive data as to avoid the hockey bias that doesn’t line up with reality. 

26 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Do you mind posting something like this again? I don't think anyone understood your point. 

One person compared the speed in hiring a new head coach in one sport at NDSU to another coach in another sport at UND.  It wasn't a hockey vs football fight, but your insecurity has shown through once again and now the thread is dominated by a topic you introduced but continue to decry.

It wasn’t supposed to be a hockey vs football fight, but some turned it into one by replying to my post (which stated UND football should be compared to NDSU football, obviously enough). 

This is a FCS football (no mention of hockey) thread.

If for some reason you can’t find my first post, here it is:

Who cares about Hakstol, Berry, NCAA hockey, hockey-obsessed UND-ignorant Las Vegas-based donors, etc. in the context of this discussion??

UND hockey has no place in this current discussion. FCS Football and NCAA hockey are really becoming (and I guess always have been) apples to oranges comparisons. 

We all know which is more popular (hint: which sport is more popular). Although I love UND dearly, I hate the comparisons between FCS Football and NCAA hockey. For one, they always end with UND’s fans looking beyond stupid. It is what it is. You’ll only hear “JV football” and “big boy real DI like UND hockey” come from the mouths of jealous, ignorant UND hockey fans. No one else. Face it folks, NDSU’s FCS football success has earned them more popularity than UND men’s ice hockey ever could. Going to Vegas or NYC once every few seasons for a bought destination game (not earned) doesn’t justify that either. I just hope UND’s football program can start reaching the postseason for a start ...

Simplification from next post:

Bottomline: unless you can prove how comparing an NCAA hockey program to an FCS football program makes more sense than comparing two FCS football programs head-to-head, keep UND hockey out of this football discussion. You can go to the hockey thread if you wish to expand. 

21 hours ago, SiouxperDave said:

It's the most wonderful time of the year. A friend posted this on FB yesterday.

ZZZBisonTix.jpg

One seat is on the 35 yard line in a stadium of 18,000, the second one is nosebleed end zone in a stadium of 100,000+.  Look at the 35 yard line for the rose bowl, they are going for $550+.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, HAWKS1 said:

One seat is on the 35 yard line in a stadium of 18,000, the second one is nosebleed end zone in a stadium of 100,000+.  Look at the 35 yard line for the rose bowl, they are going for $550+.

Now THAT is an apples to apples comparison 

• Upvote 1

This thread has kind of devolved into a hockey vs football thread. 

Probably the closest we could get to a apple to apple comparison is to have the Sioux hockey team and the Bison football team suit up in tennis shoes, meet on a basketball court, and have a soccer game. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

I'm sorry for bringing up the passing of the torch, if I would of only thunk?

Just now, 1972 said:

Should have been 15 and an ejection!

A good friend of mine at the game just texted me (through his green and yellow glasses) that he thinks NDSU got a favor from the reffs there.

I'm not watching, radio guys don't think it was dirty.