SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

People trying to diminish the Wyoming game need to do more than check box scores. Wyo was down to their 3rd string QB and rolled 430 rushing yards on EMU with no passing game at all. If that game and the Drake game show anything it's that our run defense is for real and our offense isn't quite there yet but if they play mistake free football we can be ok. Trust me NDSU doesn't have backs like Hill from Wyo. UND held Wyo  to 29 yards rushing and Drake to very little. If the offense cleans it up we'll be ok. Also look at how young UND is. There are freshman and sophomores all over the field. UND will clean up the mistakes and get better. Our d is better than last year and despite an awful 2nd half yesterday I can say our offense is much better. Do people forget how bad the offense was last year? I was hoping we could manage to be 2-1 some how after non conference assuming we would actually be 1-2. Guess what.......

We're rolling into the Fargodome 2-0 with house money and nothing to loose. We win and we gain a ton locally and nationally, we lose and we still have big sky and a shot at the playoffs imo. Take a look at the next 5 games. No reason to think UND can't go 4-1 or 3-2. That would put us at 6-1 or 5-2 with 4 games left and a shot at the playoffs. 

UND is a young team that played one bad half of football. Keep the faith folks, were 2-0 and 5 wins away from playoff eligibility. NDSU should beat us but that's why they play the games. If they do beat us I hope we get them again in the playoffs too. Should be a fun game either way. Here's to working out the mistakes, being 2-0 and hopefully a big win Saturday......sorry to bring some positive vibes to the conversation.

You are correct, the AC doesn't have anyone like Hill but they have Morlock who is awfully good and Frazier if he is healthy. What they also have is a very good oline and one of the best QB's in the FCS.  Our problem regardless of how old our guys are, is that we don't have a great passing game and our oline couldn't get the running game going. The Big Sky games are irrelevant until next week cuz we aren't playing them.  Bubba is correct, we play it one day and one game at a time. The Wyoming and Drake games are irrelevant. They are over.  People have legitimate concerns about our offense that ran the ball well week one and laid an egg week two. They are  concerned about  what to expect for week three.  Doesn't matter if players are freshman and sophomores, they are who we put on the field.  No excuses, we did not play well offensively yesterday and other than a great throw by Studsrud on the Seibel TD and nice run after catch by Stanley we didn't take advantage of what the defense did.  We didn't throw  an INT but we fumbled 6 times.  That isn't better than last year. Talk of playoffs this early is premature.  We tend to lose focus on the task at hand. Play day to day and each game one at a time, then if we are good enough, playoffs will take care of themselves.  

• Upvote 1

My thought On the game itself is obviously NDSU will be the toughest opponent this far.  I don't think they will run wild against our D, but their O-Line is way better than any thing we've seen so far and we haven't seen a QB that can run it like Wentz can.  I don't think we will be holding this team to less than 50 rush yards like the last two.

The key for UND on offense will be the same as it will for every game this year: establishing the run and efficient QB play.

And I firmly believe that for UND to be competitive in this game, the defense NEEDS to force NDSU into turning it over.  As solid as Bubbas defense has been during his short tenure here, they haven't forced enough turnovers.

The biggest mistake in football of any level is using the previous week's game to predict the upcoming week's game. UND was and still is an underdog in this game. The pressure on UND is to play a solid game from start to finish and be in the game, the pressure on SU is to not choke.

No matter the result I think it's lost in the hype that it was Bubba that had the guts to step up and get the game(s) scheduled that says a lot about the character of Bubba and those who proved they would say and do anything to prevent it from happening. 

Edited by CMSioux
  • Upvote 1

The word over on Bisonville is apparently NDSU is going to try to ban, any and all Sioux apparel from entering the stadium. Forcing people to turn anything with the Sioux name and logo inside out. Not sure this is something they can enforce or not, but I'm sure it will be controversial, and I'm sure it will not work.

The word over on Bisonville is apparently NDSU is going to try to ban, any and all Sioux apparel from entering the stadium. Forcing people to turn anything with the Sioux name and logo inside out. Not sure this is something they can enforce or not, but I'm sure it will be controversial, and I'm sure it will not work.

Hilarious and sad if true. Since they are so concerned, I'm sure they will be all over people who will be continously screaming vulgar chants that include the Sioux name as well. I won't hold my breath since they haven't done anything about them the last decade plus and it happens at every game. 

I guess I understand them not wanting to be criticized for not doing enough to oppose the use of sioux names in their building, but trying to alter what people where, will only create more controversy on it all. 

Bisonville is split on vulgarity of the use of the Sioux name. So want it, most done. Reality is, it will happen. Same as our vulgar chants with the Gophers in hockey. I'd be ok getting rid of all of that. Want to chant, get more creative.

I guess I understand them not wanting to be criticized for not doing enough to oppose the use of sioux names in their building, but trying to alter what people where, will only create more controversy on it all. 

Bisonville is split on vulgarity of the use of the Sioux name. So want it, most done. Reality is, it will happen. Same as our vulgar chants with the Gophers in hockey. I'd be ok getting rid of all of that. Want to chant, get more creative.

The student section at the Drake game was chanting F the Bison. As for banning clothes, they can't do that...freedom of speech. The Sioux name and logo are historical. They better ban those Sioux Suck shirts they wear.

The student section at the Drake game was chanting F the Bison. As for banning clothes, they can't do that...freedom of speech. The Sioux name and logo are historical. They better ban those Sioux Suck shirts they wear.

I dont think the free speech you reference means what you think it does.  As far as the historical comment that didnt hold much weight with the NCAA now did it. Just saying.

Edited by bison73

I dont think the free speech you reference means what you think it does.  As far as the historical comment that didnt hold much weight with the NCAA now did it. Just saying.

Actually the historical reference does, do you see those logos all over the REA? Did you see UND print out throwback gear? It's all historical and it's there forever. 

Come on - this rumor came from Bison-swille...get real. What if I wore a shirt with an eagle feather on it, or just the words Sioux Forever on it? Neither has anything to do with UND - that rumor is just something for the lower IQed over there to feed their inferiority complex. . 

In that vein, I also heard they have former football players taking names for various petitions - oh wait they don't have to leave their house to do that. 

Defensively, UND is right on track. They have a top 5 FCS rushing defense and are getting better with their pass defense, just need to capitalize and come up with interceptions when they present themselves. 

Offensively, UND looked horrible in the 2nd half vs. Drake. They need to be able to run the ball. I just watched the NDSU vs Weber State highlights, and NDSU does what UND wants to do on offense. They impose their will in the running game. UND needs to learn how to do that. Whether it's the personnel or the coaching scheme with Coach Rudolph, something needs to change. Drake should not be able to slow down the running game like they did on Saturday evening. If UND gets stuffed in the running game like that vs NDSU, it won't be a close contest. 

There is no way they are going to ban that, NDSU is classier than that. That would just be dumb.

Agreed, now they are saying that the only thing they would make people turn inside out are things that are inappropriate or offensive to tribes. Siouxper Drunk or Sioux Suck type shirts. Still not sure if they can actually enforce that, but whatever. 2 types of view over there. Obnoxious fans that just ridicule everything said, sensible fans that think their school should just stay out of the nickname issue.

UND just survived a "trap game" that couldn't have been scripted any better: a non-scholly team sandwiched between a first ever FBS win and visiting the rival for the first time in a decade.

I'd hoped for more than the egg laying we go Saturday, but part of me is glad for it. It give the coaches lots to use to make sure focus, the right focus, is on this next game.

My take:

- UND needs to somehow come out +2 on turnovers

- UND's offensive line needs to have "Welcome to Laramie" put on the insides of their visors

- Beyond those, I pretty much agree with bisoninnwmn's take. 

• Upvote 2

UND just survived a "trap game" that couldn't have been scripted any better: a non-scholly team sandwiched between a first ever FBS win and visiting the rival for the first time in a decade.

I'd hoped for more than the egg laying we go Saturday, but part of me is glad for it. It give the coaches lots to use to make sure focus, the right focus, is on this next game.

My take:

- UND needs to somehow come out +2 on turnovers

- UND's offensive line needs to have "Welcome to Laramie" put on the insides of their visors

- Beyond those, I pretty much agree with bisoninnwmn's take. 

Any chance N_SU plays us, like we played Drake? If the whole herd thinks its going to be a beatdown, maybe they won't take the game seriously opening up a chance for UND to go 5-1 in the Fargodome.

Any chance N_SU plays us, like we played Drake? If the whole herd thinks its going to be a beatdown, maybe they won't take the game seriously opening up a chance for UND to go 5-1 in the Fargodome.

To answer your question.......zero chance.  

Haven't posted here in a long time.  Glad this week is back.  Hope everyone can enjoy the tailgate, first off, it truly is amazing.  All of us (NDSU fans) know UND fans.  I hope the experience and game is a civil as every other game in Fargo where an opposing fan can walk around and pretty much be fed and drink for free...but I'm sure there will be plenty of idiocy on both sides.  

As for the game?  Predictions are essentially worthless.  Can't wait to watch it unfold....

This reflects my opinion very well.  UND started OK (not great, but OK) and was a fumble from being up 28-0.  After that, the youngsters started to look ahead to this week.  The coaches seemed to experiment a little with personnel.  I'm just happy they held on.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic