SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

you do realize Wyoming is terrible don't you? 

And UND just didn't just beat them they controlled the whole game. NDSU can be beaten and Montana proved it this year just like UNI proved it last year. If UND can run the  ball and control the clock, let the defense shut them down UND can win. 

And UND just didn't just beat them they controlled the whole game. NDSU can be beaten and Montana proved it this year just like UNI proved it last year. If UND can run the  ball and control the clock, let the defense shut them down UND can win. 

Darryl, you work at target right?  I am thinking the only way ndsu is going to lose this game is if you go into the back room of target, find yourself a box of those recalled salamanilla cucumbers, cut em up and put them in the teams salad the night before the game!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UND played a pioneer league team and almost lost dude.

did you watch?  Because at one point it was 21-0 and we fumbled through the goal line negating another 7.  We hit the cruise control a little too early, vanilla downed the offense, and played a lot of guys on D.  We let off too soon and things got slippery.  UND showed a little youth yesterday. No doubt we have to play a lot better to compete with SU.

Darryl, you work at target right?  I am thinking the only way ndsu is going to lose this game is if you go into the back room of target, find yourself a box of those recalled salamanilla cucumbers, cut em up and put them in the teams salad the night before the game!

please do us a favor, if UND wins ban yourself from this board.

did you watch?  Because at one point it was 21-0 and we fumbled through the goal line negating another 7.  We hit the cruise control a little too early, vanilla downed the offense, and played a lot of guys on D.  We let off too soon and things got slippery.  UND showed a little youth yesterday. No doubt we have to play a lot better to compete with SU.

i watched a couple of series... But honestly that's the type of game I shouldn't have to watch. 21-18 speaks volumes. That's a game that should be won by 30+. 

After yesterday's performance, UND will certainly be a significant underdog vs NDSU. NDSU should win the game, but underdogs do occasionally win. I certainly hope UND and Bubba can right the ship and put the team in a position to be in the game at the end of the 4th quarter; unfortunately, the odds are heavily against UND in this game. Yesterday killed any confidence the team had from Laramie. 

• Upvote 1

Week one we soundly defeated a terrible Wyoming team. Our defense we excellent especially against two good RB's.  We didn't turn the ball over and our freshman RB showed his athletic ability and speed that can make him special when the oline can open some holes.  Studsrud did a good job of managing the game and didn't turn the ball over.  Had nice TD run.  

Yesterday our defense was solid again until second half when they were on the field most of the time.  Front to back this is a very good defense.  Even when Drake threw the ball we had guys there and the Drake QB made some back should throws that his receivers came back and got.  We had 6 sacks and pressured him all day.  Front to back this is a very good defense. This is the best set of DB's we have had in some time.  The real test for these guys is next week.  If we can defend these guys with a healthy Wentz, then we can defend anyone in FCS.

Offensively the big disappointment was our Oline.  We had 6 fumbles by our starting RB and QB.  The bad thing is Santiago and Studsrud were putting the ball on the ground without getting hit hard. We had only 2 first downs in the second half. Was hoping we were making progress this year.  This was worse.  Santiago is quick and fast.  He can't run through holes that aren't there.  Passing game had a couple nice plays in first half but dismal in second half. We are going to have to throw for at least 300 yds to be competitive next week.  We had a nice showing last week albeit a weak Wyoming team.  You can't afford to be going backwards against a team like the AC.  Too many fans think Drake wasn't any good cuz the media hype isn't there.  They weren't good but weren't bad either.  Their QB and receivers made some big plays with QB under pressure.  We gave up some passing yards but we didn't have the wide open receivers we saw in the Mussman years when our CB would make a tackle after giving up a 35 yard pass play and then pound his chest and taunt the receiver. This defense can keep us in a lot of games but the offense is going to have to win them. 

i watched a couple of series... But honestly that's the type of game I shouldn't have to watch. 21-18 speaks volumes. That's a game that should be won by 30+. 

Johnboy, you sometimes like to claim that you are just a fan of football and are in ND, so that is why you post here.  Can you just at least admit that you are hoping NDSU pummels UND by at least 30 next week, lets get real here.

I've purposefully not posted in this thread, but the optimism of UND fans is delusional.  I didn't see the Wyoming game, but what I saw today was an embarrassment. UND does not appear to be any different than a Mussman team. Minimal talent. Offensive line sucks. Running backs suck. No heart. Abundance of mistakes. Drake dominated UND in the 2nd half. F...in DRAKE!  NDSU by at least 30.

Goid thing you haven't posted if you think this team is similar to a Mussman coached team. The defense is so much better and plays so much harder.  We would have had to score 40 vs Drake yesterday to win. 

Week one we soundly defeated a terrible Wyoming team. Our defense we excellent especially against two good RB's.  We didn't turn the ball over and our freshman RB showed his athletic ability and speed that can make him special when the oline can open some holes.  Studsrud did a good job of managing the game and didn't turn the ball over.  Had nice TD run.  

Yesterday our defense was solid again until second half when they were on the field most of the time.  Front to back this is a very good defense.  Even when Drake threw the ball we had guys there and the Drake QB made some back should throws that his receivers came back and got.  We had 6 sacks and pressured him all day.  Front to back this is a very good defense. This is the best set of DB's we have had in some time.  The real test for these guys is next week.  If we can defend these guys with a healthy Wentz, then we can defend anyone in FCS.

Offensively the big disappointment was our Oline.  We had 6 fumbles by our starting RB and QB.  The bad thing is Santiago and Studsrud were putting the ball on the ground without getting hit hard. We had only 2 first downs in the second half. Was hoping we were making progress this year.  This was worse.  Santiago is quick and fast.  He can't run through holes that aren't there.  Passing game had a couple nice plays in first half but dismal in second half. We are going to have to throw for at least 300 yds to be competitive next week.  We had a nice showing last week albeit a weak Wyoming team.  You can't afford to be going backwards against a team like the AC.  Too many fans think Drake wasn't any good cuz the media hype isn't there.  They weren't good but weren't bad either.  Their QB and receivers made some big plays with QB under pressure.  We gave up some passing yards but we didn't have the wide open receivers we saw in the Mussman years when our CB would make a tackle after giving up a 35 yard pass play and then pound his chest and taunt the receiver. This defense can keep us in a lot of games but the offense is going to have to win them. 

3 major, major issues that Rudolph and the offense need to work out or UND won't win another game:

1) Lack of rushing yards, especially on 1st down; offensive line needs to be way better. Passing the ball when backed up on the 1 yard line is telling of the offensive line. Apparently Rudolph didn't think they could get any push, and subsequently the pass play call ended in a safety. 

2) Fumbles; QB and RBs need to be way better with ball security. Basics. Basics. Basics.

3) QB-Center Exchange. Fumbled exchanges cannot happen, especially during a 4-minute situation when you're trying to run the clock. Just hopeless. 

Failure to solve these issues will leave the offense nonfunctional. 

Johnboy, you sometimes like to claim that you are just a fan of football and are in ND, so that is why you post here.  Can you just at least admit that you are hoping NDSU pummels UND by at least 30 next week, lets get real here.

I'd rather NDSU win. I won't be watching except during commercials of the Irish game. I'd like it to be competitive.  I pick on NDSU probably as much as I pick on you guys.

I'd rather NDSU win. I won't be watching except during commercials of the Irish game. I'd like it to be competitive.  I pick on NDSU probably as much as I pick on you guys.

Haven't seen a post of yours on bisonville in a long time. Keep it up. Wentz still average in your eyes?

Sometimes coaches get in the way of things, like NDSU not running the ball more against Montana, especially on their last series.  Or, like UND not doing some things they could of been doing because of the current opponent, and this week's opponent, SU.  Coaching staffs always are doing what they think is best for their team.  But, I think in both of these instances coaches were wrong.

• Upvote 1

So you won't even be watching the game.......but yet you are on this site constantly, mostly making negative comments about UND.  Once in a blue moon you take a semi shot at NDSU, but as you stated you are an NDSU fan.   It's the biggest game in the state, if you won't even be watching.....you really shouldn't even be posting here.  If you are going to sit and post here all the time, you should be watching the game, and checking the Notre Dame game during commercials.  If you won't be watching the game, don't post on here....go to the Bison site and post. 

• Upvote 2

So you won't even be watching the game.......but yet you are on this site constantly, mostly making negative comments about UND.  Once in a blue moon you take a semi shot at NDSU, but as you stated you are an NDSU fan.   It's the biggest game in the state, if you won't even be watching.....you really shouldn't even be posting here.  If you are going to sit and post here all the time, you should be watching the game, and checking the Notre Dame game during commercials.  If you won't be watching the game, don't post on here....go to the Bison site and post. 

He isn't wanted there either

Haven't seen a post of yours on bisonville in a long time. Keep it up. Wentz still average in your eyes?

yep. Im not on the Wentz wagon and probably never will be.  

the Notre Dame game is significantly more important to me. They are playing against aa very good Georgia Tech team.

I go after NDSU on AGS. A few guys over there give me a lot of stuff to work with.

If I was going to take advice from a middle aged man on what to do with my free time I'd ask my old man but thanks for the input.

yep. Im not on the Wentz wagon and probably never will be.  

the Notre Dame game is significantly more important to me. They are playing against aa very good Georgia Tech team.

I go after NDSU on AGS. A few guys over there give me a lot of stuff to work with.

If I was going to take advice from a middle aged man on what to do with my free time I'd ask my old man but thanks for the input.

Haha well this middle aged guy.....apparently has more of a life than you.  I don't spend my free time on a college fan base site where I never went to school just to rip on them.   So lets get this straight, you are only a casual NDSU fan, have no interest in UND.....but you are constantly on the UND site.    To me this means either A. You have no life   B.  You should probably go see a psychiatrist if you need to come on a UND site to try and bash a team and school to make yourself feel better.   

Anyway.....enough on that....not going to tie up this thread anymore on that subject.

• Upvote 1

Haha well this middle aged guy.....apparently has more of a life than you.  I don't spend my free time on a college fan base site where I never went to school just to rip on them.   So lets get this straight, you are only a casual NDSU fan, have no interest in UND.....but you are constantly on the UND site.    To me this means either A. You have no life   B.  You should probably go see a psychiatrist if you need to come on a UND site to try and bash a team and school to make yourself feel better.   

Anyway.....enough on that....not going to tie up this thread anymore on that subject.

at least he is more civil than some Bison trolls that still post crap on here.

perhaps you should see a shrink.. You seem rather interested in what some other guy does with his free time.

I take an interest in both schools. I went to one. Lady  goes to the other. Lots of family ties to both schools. 

You have awfully thin skin. I imagine it's mostly just sadness about no longer being the Sioux.

People trying to diminish the Wyoming game need to do more than check box scores. Wyo was down to their 3rd string QB and rolled 430 rushing yards on EMU with no passing game at all. If that game and the Drake game show anything it's that our run defense is for real and our offense isn't quite there yet but if they play mistake free football we can be ok. Trust me NDSU doesn't have backs like Hill from Wyo. UND held Wyo  to 29 yards rushing and Drake to very little. If the offense cleans it up we'll be ok. Also look at how young UND is. There are freshman and sophomores all over the field. UND will clean up the mistakes and get better. Our d is better than last year and despite an awful 2nd half yesterday I can say our offense is much better. Do people forget how bad the offense was last year? I was hoping we could manage to be 2-1 some how after non conference assuming we would actually be 1-2. Guess what.......

We're rolling into the Fargodome 2-0 with house money and nothing to loose. We win and we gain a ton locally and nationally, we lose and we still have big sky and a shot at the playoffs imo. Take a look at the next 5 games. No reason to think UND can't go 4-1 or 3-2. That would put us at 6-1 or 5-2 with 4 games left and a shot at the playoffs. 

UND is a young team that played one bad half of football. Keep the faith folks, were 2-0 and 5 wins away from playoff eligibility. NDSU should beat us but that's why they play the games. If they do beat us I hope we get them again in the playoffs too. Should be a fun game either way. Here's to working out the mistakes, being 2-0 and hopefully a big win Saturday......sorry to bring some positive vibes to the conversation.

I, for one, like your thinking.

• Upvote 2

Ignore johnyboy or johnson344, he is a troll on AGS and looks like a troll on here.

UND has a good defense and yesterday happens to all teams, check Indiana State game for the Bison a couple of years ago.

Can UND win?  Sure they can.  The defense would have to consistently make NDSU go 3 and out and give the UND offense good field position.  If UND cannot run the ball next Saturday then it will be a very long day for them.  If NDSU cannot get a decent pass run and lets KS to throw the ball all over the field, then the Bison are in for a long day.

UND cannot win this game just with its defense, the offense needs to move the ball and score or at least turn the field over for good field position for the defense.  UND will stack the box and try to stop the run but with a healthy CW it is dangerous to do.  The Bison have seen 3-4 defenses in the Valley so that will not be a huge factor IMO.  But Bubba teams have their own unique schemes with that, so it will be an interesting chess match.

After watching the 2nd half of the Drake game, UND's OL better play a lot better on Saturday.  More than likely they will.

Keys for NDSU:

Play sound Tampa-2 defense.  Better pass rush is a must.

Run the ball.  UND will try like hell to stop the run but that is what NDSU does and they need to do it to win.

Better special teams coverage.

Keys for UND:

No turnovers....period.

Keep the crowd out of the game by sustaining drives and scoring TDs.

Hold the edge to keep the off tackle runs, play action and roll out passes from hurting the defense.

Sound tackling.  Morlock does not go down on first contact.  I'm sure he will be used a lot and UND needs to account for him.

Personally, I think NDSU should win this game.  UND's defense is there right now.  They are a very good FCS defense.  I just don't think the offense has it right now to win games consistently against upper level FCS teams.  But that is why they play the game.

Bubba is so far above Mussman.

I agree with this. I really hope they show up next weekend. I don't know how we should have had a 28-0 lead to almost blowing it in the 2nd half. Hopefully it was all mental prep that can be fixed.