SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

I don't know anything about the UND hit on the Montana QB last year. But the UND fans claiming the DeLuca hit on the Montana QB this year was dirty, what did you think about the UND D-backs hit on the Drake QB who was sliding in the second half on Saturday? They were identical plays. Was that hit clean? 

Who claimed Deluca's hit was dirty?  All I said is that UND's hit on the UM QB last year was no worse than that, you added the rest.  The Reyes play happened right in front of me, it looked like a borderline penalty and I'm not sure he gets anything if it isn't the QB but I didn't have a problem with the call. However penalty =/= dirty.

Who claimed Deluca's hit was dirty?  All I said is that UND's hit on the UM QB last year was no worse than that, you added the rest.  The Reyes play happened right in front of me, it looked like a borderline penalty and I'm not sure he gets anything if it isn't the QB but I didn't have a problem with the call. However penalty =/= dirty.

He is talking about Jawon Johnson's hit on Rice when he started to slide.  Which wasn't a penalty.  

I don't know anything about the UND hit on the Montana QB last year. But the UND fans claiming the DeLuca hit on the Montana QB this year was dirty, what did you think about the UND D-backs hit on the Drake QB who was sliding in the second half on Saturday? They were identical plays. Was that hit clean? 

Also nice to see that you are watching UND football games.  :0

This was posted over on Bisonville, you gotta love a sense of humor. This actually was pretty funny. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

It IS a trap. They've been planning this week all along, deep down in the bunker, since 2003 (or earlier). Roger Thomas is the brilliant mastermind behind it. The planning that has went into it is just amazing!

Here is a stolen copy of Roger's secret specific instructions:

1. Don't play the Bison............ until Bubba comes back.
2. Fight with the NCAA and get them to ban our nickname, so that NDSU doesn't know which nickname to do the "suck chant" to.
3. Let them win 4 straight national titles to become overconfident.
4. Make our own football team look as bad as they can in the years leading up to "The Game". (Note: a guy by the name of Mussman can help with that.)
5. Send down a poster to engage in "serious" and "respectful" banter the week before the game. (Don't worry, they'll fall for it.)
6. Go into the Fargo Dome and kick some Bison ass.
7. Hello Respect! Hello GameDay! 

It is so simple! I can't believe I didn't see it before now! facepalmpo2.gif
  • Upvote 2

But, according to a few NDSU fans, "it isn't a rivalry", and "it isn't the same as before".

Anyone can post a ticket for whatever they want, even a "bajillion dollars", but that is different from what they sell at.  I'm talking about the NDSU student comments.  Somebody better tell them that they aren't playing SDSU or Northern Iowa (which one is the Bison big rival again?)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3839333-tickets-und-ndsu-rivalry-game-hit-1000-online

But, according to a few NDSU fans, "it isn't a rivalry", and "it isn't the same as before".

Anyone can post a ticket for whatever they want, even a "bajillion dollars", but that is different from what they sell at.  I'm talking about the NDSU student comments.  Somebody better tell them that they aren't playing SDSU or Northern Iowa (which one is the Bison big rival again?)

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/region/3839333-tickets-und-ndsu-rivalry-game-hit-1000-online

Keyword is few. Sure there are people that don't want this game, but there are plenty who do. Doesn't really matter, its going to happen regardless.

Keyword is few. Sure there are people that don't want this game, but there are plenty who do. Doesn't really matter, its going to happen regardless.

The funny thing is though, some of those same few people would probably still try to claim the NDSU student body doesn't care about it anymore.  But from the article, sounds like their student body is pretty excited about it.  Did the 2011 Bison class get banned from here, haven't seen him on in a while.  Seems like he was one who would always state NDSU fans now days don't care about it.  I agree though, the key word is few and even some people that may not have wanted it originally are now going to be pretty excited about it.  It will be a great atmosphere on Saturday. 

So, do all previous UND football sins get forgiven with a victory?

Not entirely sure what sins you're referring to.  The Drake game gets forgiven with a victory.  The failure to move up with ndsu and the Mussman years?  No, those scars will take many more years to heal.

The funny thing is though, some of those same few people would probably still try to claim the NDSU student body doesn't care about it anymore.  But from the article, sounds like their student body is pretty excited about it.  Did the 2011 Bison class get banned from here, haven't seen him on in a while.  Seems like he was one who would always state NDSU fans now days don't care about it.  I agree though, the key word is few and even some people that may not have wanted it originally are now going to be pretty excited about it.  It will be a great atmosphere on Saturday. 

Agreed, and their fanbase should be excited about it. They are seeing all this hype about a game, an old rivalry, another fun day to go tailgate and watch football. On top of that, they believe they would absolutely blow away the good guys. Can't blame them. If I was in their spot, I'd feel the same way. Sweet we are going to absolutely dominate the other Dakota school, this should be fun.

Now anything can happen, but what I really would like to see is people rebuild the rivalry. 

No.  For me if we win it will be like, well if we had the right coach 5-6 years ago we would have never been in the crappy position we were the past several years, a football black hole.  Already feel that way, but it would make it even more obvious. 

Not entirely sure what sins you're referring to.  The Drake game gets forgiven with a victory.  The failure to move up with ndsu and the Mussman years?  No, those scars will take many more years to heal.

I agree. If we would have moved up with them I don't think we would have ever lost Dale Lennon and we would have maintained the recruiting advantage we had under him. The admin set us back much further than a win against ndsu can redeem. We should expect to win, even as underdogs 

You pretty much hit on what I was thinking about.  To name a few specifically - the loss to Sioux Falls, the entire 2013 season, the loss of casual fans to NDSU's side with their rise.

I agree. If we would have moved up with them I don't think we would have ever lost Dale Lennon and we would have maintained the recruiting advantage we had under him. The admin set us back much further than a win against ndsu can redeem. We should expect to win, even as underdogs 

Well put.....if we moved up Lennon would have stayed and the last 8 years would have been a lot different for UND football.  The one silver lining I see that came out of that mess is that the FCOA, when we saw that NDSU was going to do it and others probably would be in the future, we saw first hand what being the last to react does.  I think that is a part of why we are one of the first ones to get on board with that.  Doesn't make up for 8 years of being in a football black hole, but at least they recognized what happened last time when we didn't act. 

So, I'm getting more "no's" than I was expecting.  What would it take, then?  Make the playoffs?  Win the Big Sky? Deep run into the playoffs?  A victory over NDSU in the playoffs?  A FCS National Championship?

So, I'm getting more "no's" than I was expecting.  What would it take, then?  Make the playoffs?  Win the Big Sky? Deep run into the playoffs?  A victory over NDSU in the playoffs?  A FCS National Championship?

All of the above?  Not sure really.  I guess for me it'll take several years of fielding a very competitive team and proof that it won't be allowed to happen again.  These are moreso sins of the athletic department and university as a whole, rather than just the football team.  IMO, ndsu is still eating our lunch when it comes to marketing/exposure across the state and region.  We've got the Twins games on lockdown though, apparently.

All of the above?  Not sure really.  I guess for me it'll take several years of fielding a very competitive team and proof that it won't be allowed to happen again.  These are moreso sins of the athletic department and university as a whole, rather than just the football team.  IMO, ndsu is still eating our lunch when it comes to marketing/exposure across the state and region.  We've got the Twins games on lockdown though, apparently.

Yes, I didn't mean to blame just the team itself.  I meant sins relating to football.  It seems the other sports have rebounded more quickly, though I'd really like to make a leap with the men's basketball team soon.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I didn't mean to blame just the team itself.  I meant sins relating to football.  It seems the other sports have rebounded more quickly, though I'd really like to make a leap with the men's basketball team soon.

Yes, Jones is on the hot seat this season. He is entering his 10th season as the man in charge, so he can't blame anyone else but himself.

Well put.....if we moved up Lennon would have stayed and the last 8 years would have been a lot different for UND football.  The one silver lining I see that came out of that mess is that the FCOA, when we saw that NDSU was going to do it and others probably would be in the future, we saw first hand what being the last to react does.  I think that is a part of why we are one of the first ones to get on board with that.  Doesn't make up for 8 years of being in a football black hole, but at least they recognized what happened last time when we didn't act. 

We did FCOA before they did. We were very proactive with it. It started with hockey obviously but they aren't doing it for football this year so I don't think we exactly followed them.

• Upvote 1