SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

The Bison will control the clock (35+ min of possession), run the ball right up the middle at will (the Bison will run for 300+ yards) and Wentz will pick apart an overmatched defense for 250 yards and 3 scores.  Bubba doesn't have any answers unless he can play 14 guys and he knows this.  Our defense will be fine.  Weber State isn't a great team by any means and they scored on a special teams play and abused a true freshman (Grimsley) on a long pass play.  Weber managed just over 100 yards against the Bison without that 70 yard pass play.  The QB for UND will have to win the game and he absolutely doesn't have the ability to do that.  The Sue are completely in over their heads and will be physically dominated. 

o-v-e-r-c-o-n-f-i-d-e-n-c-e-confidence-humiliation-bueller-r-demotivational-poster-1249802235.jpg

• Upvote 3

The Bison will control the clock (35+ min of possession), run the ball right up the middle at will (the Bison will run for 300+ yards) and Wentz will pick apart an overmatched defense for 250 yards and 3 scores.  Bubba doesn't have any answers unless he can play 14 guys and he knows this.  Our defense will be fine.  Weber State isn't a great team by any means and they scored on a special teams play and abused a true freshman (Grimsley) on a long pass play.  Weber managed just over 100 yards against the Bison without that 70 yard pass play.  The QB for UND will have to win the game and he absolutely doesn't have the ability to do that.  The Sue are completely in over their heads and will be physically dominated. 

I'm going to give a prediction here. If UND comes out and stops NDSU's Offense and the game is close at the end. We never hear from you again. Not a bet a prediction. 

Edited by bang
  • Upvote 1

A play here, a play there, next thing you know it's a close game or loss.  Bias aside, Bubba is a good coach.

• Upvote 1

There are plenty of Bison fans on here who are realistic and reasonable. Thank you for good dialogue.

The above "cellar dweller" is on the level of lakes bison and deserves no respect. Trolls like this will be called out as it was clear that the poster was not here to debate...just troll.

Question for the former defensive players out there:

With Wentz' ability to run, do you bring pressure from the backers on the blitz or play coverage to help protect your secondary?  What is more dangerous, Wentz picking apart coverage or tucking and running?

Play coverage first and blitz as needed?

Play aggressive and live or die with the blitz?

Since I believe UND needs to generate turnovers to win, I'm leaning toward sending the dogs.

With Wentz' ability to run, do you bring pressure from the backers on the blitz or play coverage to help protect your secondary?  What is more dangerous, Wentz picking apart coverage or tucking and running?

Since I believe UND needs to generate turnovers to win, I'm leaning toward sending the dogs.

Considering the kind of defense Bubba and Coach Schmidt have installed here, UND will be bringing plenty of pressure and testing Wentz's ankle. 

We will likely 'spy' on 3rd and mediums and other times near the red zone.  They like to run Wentz when they need a 1st down or touchdown, no surprises there.

It depends how confident the coaches are with one on one matchups on the perimeter.  I think you have to mix it up and try and confuse them with where the pressure is coming from.  

I expect UND to bring a steady dose of pressure to force bad decisions by wentz. Whether you bring pressure or drop into coverage, there really is no fool proof way to attack a player like wentz, who can beat you through the air and on the ground. If he is on his game he is a very difficult player to beat. 

That said, wentz has shown the propensity to press a bit when he is off and that has lead to some costly mistakes, fumbles, interceptions etc.

It will be interesting to see how well the NDSU o-line is able to protect Carson from UND's confusing style of attacking offenses at times.

Is the ankle still in question after seeing him run on Saturday?

Ankle is still bothering Wentz a bit, but it won't be an issue.

The overall philosophy of UND's defense is really the reason why I see UND bringing plenty of pressure on Saturday. It will force Wentz to calmly sit in the pocket, deliver strikes, and take some hits -  which he is more than capable of doing, -  but he still has to actually execute that on Saturday. 

1.  There is no way the Bison rush for 300 yards and also pass for 250 plus.  Definitely could end up passing for 250, but not the rushing for 300 in the same game. 

2.  I think we will try and bring pressure on Wentz early, hit him a few times and knock him down (nothing illegal or dirty...just hitting him like you normally would).  Try to rough him up early, may not sack him....he may complete some passes, but we've seen even great NFL QB's like Brady and Manning start rushing a little etc. when they are getting constant pressure.  Not every down of course, will have to mix it up....but if we don't get pressure on him and he gets to sit back there all day we are in trouble.  

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread
  • UNDBIZ locked this topic