SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

Question for the former defensive players out there:

With Wentz' ability to run, do you bring pressure from the backers on the blitz or play coverage to help protect your secondary?  What is more dangerous, Wentz picking apart coverage or tucking and running?

Play coverage first and blitz as needed?

Play aggressive and live or die with the blitz?

Since I believe UND needs to generate turnovers to win, I'm leaning toward sending the dogs.

The majority of Wentz's rushing yards this year have come off of read option, not scrambles.

He was on his game Saturday for sure, but not so much against MT.  Also, he has a bit of problem with timing/touch on long/over the top balls, and we did not try any of those last Saturday.

With respect to his ankle, there were no noticeable signs of any pain or problems Saturday.  Here is the question I have for you guys:

Knowing that Wentz had/has a bit of an ankle issue, will you purposefully try to tackle low when you would otherwise not do so?  To me, that is dirty football. Would Bubba and staff actually suggest/promote that?

I've heard that some on this board are suggesting that your staff should "coach" for shots at the ankle.

Thoughts please . . .

Edited by CAS4127
  • Downvote 2

The majority of Wentz's rushing yards this year have come off of read option, not scrambles.

He was on his game Saturday for sure, but not so much against MT.  Also, he has a bit of problem with timing/touch on long/over the top balls, and we did not try any of those last Saturday.

With respect to his ankle, there were no noticeable signs of any pain or problems Saturday.  Here is the question I have for you guys:

Know that Wentz had/has a bit of an ankle issue, will you purposefully try to tackle low when you would otherwise not do so?  To me, that is dirty football. Would Bubba and staff actually suggest/promote that?

I've heard that some on this board are suggesting that your staff should "coach" for shots at the ankle.

Thoughts please . . .

I'm going to dive at his ankle every chance I get this week.......

• Upvote 1

Knowing that Wentz had/has a bit of an ankle issue, will you purposefully try to tackle low when you would otherwise not do so?  To me, that is dirty football. Would Bubba and staff actually suggest/promote that?

Thoughts please . . .

You just cannot help yourself, can you?  Grow up.

Of course the coaches are not going to promote tackling for his ankle.  There aren't any coaches I know of that would. 

• Upvote 1

Thoughts please . . .

Did Weber tackle for his ankle?  Did you ask their message board the same question?

Did Weber tackle for his ankle?  Did you ask their message board the same question?

Weber could barely catch up/get to Wentz, so they didn't really have that option. 

Oh, and your previous post telling me to grow up. ONE OF YOUR VERY OWN ADMINS HERE SUGGESTED UND TO TAKE SHOTS AT WENTZ'S ANKLE, SO KMA!!

Plus, your LB cheap-shotted MT's QB last year and knocked him out of play for several games.

So, again, KMFA!!

• Downvote 8

Weber could barely catch up/get to Wentz, so they didn't really have that option. 

Oh, and your previous post telling me to grow up. ONE OF YOUR VERY OWN ADMINS HERE SUGGESTED UND TO TAKE SHOTS AT WENTZ'S ANKLE, SO KMA!!

Plus, your LB cheap-shotted MT's QB last year and knocked him out of play for several games.

So, again, KMFA!!

YAH!!  I know!!!  One of the!!  MESSAGE board!!  guys said something....about it!!!

Bubba never did and never would.  Oh, and GFY.  

So, again, KMFA!!

Did you see the Ratelle hit on Johnson last year.  Far from a cheap shot.  If the Montana quarterback would have weighed more the 120 lbs. he wouldn't have flown backwards 10 yards.

That's complete garbage.  It was no worse than NDSU's linebacker launching himself headfirst at Montana's QB after he had startd sliding, putting his helmet/should pad into Montana's QB's helmet.

• Upvote 4

Or had he not been just standing there because the whistle had blown.

That's complete garbage.  It was no worse than NDSU's linebacker putting his helmet/should pad into Montana's QB's helmet as he was sliding 2 weeks ago.t.  If the Montana quarterback would have weighed more the 120 lbs. he wouldn't have flown backwards 10 yards.

It was way worse, and the NDSU play you are talking about was before the whistle at least.

That's complete garbage.  It was no worse than NDSU's linebacker putting his helmet/should pad into Montana's QB's helmet as he was sliding 2 weeks ago.

• Downvote 3

So, again, KMFA!!

Way to stay classy Charlie.    I don't know why people pick on you.   You seem to come here with such sincere, non trolling posts. 

So, every tackle where someone gets hurt is a cheap shot?   Did you stop and think on every tackle attempt on how and where you could best hurt a guy, or was tackling a reaction for you as a player?   You know better on all counts on your original post.  Obviously, you're  just here to troll.  You know that no UND coach or player would ever promote that.  It just shows how insecure Cow College fans and former athletes are.   Sad, really.

• Upvote 1

GO BISON!!!!  For real though UND has a better team and coach than previous years. (yes I know Bubba was here last year) I do believe their Defense can at least make the game interesting for awhile but NDSU is too good offensively.  Their D is not looking too good but should be enough to contain the UND offense compared to UND stopping NDSU's Offense.  Either way it's gonna be one hell of a fun weekend for football.

Good post.  I will be a good weekend of football if everyone just relaxes.  

Way to stay classy Charlie.    I don't know why people pick on you.   You seem to come here with such sincere, non trolling posts. 
So, every tackle where someone gets hurt is a cheap shot?   Did you stop and think on every tackle attempt on how and where you could best hurt a guy, or was tackling a reaction for you as a player?   You know better on all counts on your original post.  Obviously, you're  just here to troll.  You know that no UND coach or player would ever promote that.  It just shows how insecure Cow College fans and former athletes are.   Sad, really.

My first post in this thread was both informative and seeking thoughts.  There was no trolling intended at all.  The defensiveness of 83's quick responses tells me what I needed to know.

And, IMO ... and IMO only, I thought R's shot on Johnson last year was a bit cheap.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that is my position.

Edited by CAS4127

My first post in this thread was both informative and seeking thoughts.  There was no trolling intended at all.  The defensiveness of 83's quick responses tells me what I needed to know.

And, IMO ... and IMO only, I thought R's shot on Johnson last year was a bit cheap.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that is my position.

Coming on here and asking if Bubba is going to advocate for his defense to cheap shot CW's ankle is "informative" and "thought seeking"?   :silly:

• Upvote 4

UND is a 30 point road dog............I had it pegged at around 17-18.  My wallet just opened up.......any SU takers? 

The over/under is 45...........so NDSU wins 37.5 to 7.5? I'm not good at math but............

Coming on here and asking if Bubba is going to advocate for his defense to cheap shot CW's ankle is "informative" and "thought seeking"?   :silly:

I wanted to see what the collective thoughts were here, as there had been mention of this (you can't deny that).  We had a poster on BV that suggested, or actually flat out stated, that as long as everything is between the whistles and legal, as in allowable tackle, anything goes, including tackling someone low if there is a known ankle issue or going for a bad shoulder if there is a knows dislocation issue.  My reply is that it was effing BS, dirty and cheap, even if all legal.  I maintain my position.

So, again, KMFA!!

Cheap-shotted MT's QB?

It's called physical defense.

UND plays it.

Does NDSU still play it? Sure didn't look like it when I watched NDSU choke against Montana.

• Upvote 2

I wanted to see what the collective thoughts were here, as there had been mention of this (you can't deny that).  We had a poster on BV that suggested, or actually flat out stated, that as long as everything is between the whistles and legal, as in allowable tackle, anything goes, including tackling someone low if there is a known ankle issue or going for a bad shoulder if there is a knows dislocation issue.  My reply is that it was effing BS, dirty and cheap, even if all legal.  I maintain my position.

I don't think you'll see anything intentional.  However if your 220 lb QB is running a sweep play at a DB, CB or even LB will do what it takes to bring him down.  I anticipate the NDSU fans calling it a dirty hit when in reality it is a completely legal tackle on a big ball carrier.  Your thoughts?