SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

No one is arguing with what you heard but for BF to go to the $600K package range to try to outbid the Flyers when MBB and FB coaches salaries are near the bottom of the BS conference doesn't look too good.

Precisely.  Where was the extra$$$$$ going to come from?  Increased GOBC donations? 

Soooo...now that the dust has settled. Have any UND fans now adopted the Flyers as their new favorite NHL team?

Not even a little bit. I'm a Rangers fan. I HATE Philly in all sports. I love Hak and I'm gonna miss him, but I hope he doesn't do well :)

• Upvote 1

Soooo...now that the dust has settled. Have any UND fans now adopted the Flyers as their new favorite NHL team?

Moved up in my book, no way my favorite team (Go Jets Go!) but will pay way more attention now. Any room on that bandwagon Johnboy? :D  :p

Not even a little bit. I'm a Rangers fan. I HATE Philly in all sports. I love Hak and I'm gonna miss him, but I hope he doesn't do well :)

Double-edge sword: Hak does well, it's at the expense of your Rangers. Hak gets canned after an 0-30 start, it's an indictment of UND hockey.

Double-edge sword: Hak does well, it's at the expense of your Rangers. Hak gets canned after an 0-30 start, it's an indictment of UND hockey.

Oh I know. I fully expect them to improve and improve quickly. I'm a Hak fan, but absolutely am not, in any way, a Flyers fan lol.

Don't worry, this place will still be all things Bruins.

I was actually pretty stunned to not see "Fighting Bruins" submitted as a nickname by 3-4 posters here.

I'd love to see Hak win a Stanley Cup as the Flyers' head coach.

• Upvote 1

I was actually pretty stunned to not see "Fighting Bruins" submitted as a nickname by 3-4 posters here.

I'd love to see Hak win a Stanley Cup as the Flyers' head coach.

Not gonna lie...I'll be rooting for the guy as well.

I don't usually post,more of a spectator but I have to say this bozo gf hockey has to be the bigbest loser in gf. I've been coming to this sight for years and have never seen such a d bag. If he is so important, why doesn't he have anything better than to come on this website and try to convince everybody how great and influential he and his so called buddy's are. So how much do you make big shot.

Beautiful and accurate!!

Moved up in my book, no way my favorite team (Go Jets Go!) but will pay way more attention now. Any room on that bandwagon Johnboy? :D:p

Plenty of room. It's okay, I'm used to Philly choking when the going gets tough. Hak will fit right in.

Count me in the group rooting for a Flyers Stanley Cup! To be fair though, when it comes to NHL hockey my favorite teams are the Blackhawks, Blues, Wild, Kings, Flyers etc. Seeing a pattern? :)

• Upvote 1

Truth be told, I've always followed the Flyers pretty closely as a "2nd favorite" team, so I'm excited to see how they do with Hak at the helm. I don't know how I'd feel if he'd gone to the Avalanche. It would have been fun to watch some Gopher/Wild fans heads explode though had Yeo been fired and DH been the new guy in St Paul.

Truth be told, I've always followed the Flyers pretty closely as a "2nd favorite" team, so I'm excited to see how they do with Hak at the helm. I don't know how I'd feel if he'd gone to the Avalanche. It would have been fun to watch some Gopher/Wild fans heads explode though had Yeo been fired and DH been the new guy in St Paul.

I'd have been in heaven with Hakstol as the Avs coach, guess I'll keep Roy.