SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

Agreed...congrats and best of luck to Hak with the Flyers (ugh!).  And the GM of the Flyers is....Ron Hextall.

I also do hope that those that committed to coming back stick with that commitment.

So the question is who is the next head coach? Do they promote from within for the upcoming season or do they try to hire a new coach right away? I am also interested in what this does for current and future players. What was shaping up to be another dominate team could definitely take a turn in the opposite direction.

Here's hoping commits stay committed and returners don't change their minds.  :sad:

Yeah. My son called me with this news about 5 minutes ago. It came out of the blue, didn't it? (gfhockey???) I sure hope,like Teeder11, that this doesn't affect the decisions already made by committed and returning players. Okay, who's the new head coach?

I know eades is going to be the head coach of Fargo but does he look at the UND job now?

He would jump at it ASAP.............BF just needs to place the call.

Man... this was sure under the radar wasn't it.  Not a peep that any discussions were going on.  Surprised that something didn't leak out about discussions.  Shocked when I seen come across my NHL alerts. 

While this is a good deal for Dave Hakstol (and all the best to him) one wonders how this will affect the program and future recruits and commitments as mentioned by others. 

However; the team will move forward and continue to produce I'm sure.  It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.