SiouxSports.com Forum

Dave Hakstol Leaving to Coach NHL Philadelphia Flyers

Ray77

It isn't just one year; when it happens year after year after year, that is when people will start asking questions.  And a 1-7 Frozen Four record over a period of 11 years, it qualifies as a trend.  And trends cannot be 100% explained away by "lucky bounces", "puck luck", "one and done", "hot goalie", ect.

And yes, I might have put Johnson in, just to change the dynamic of the game.  I have seen it work in past games and it might have worked here.  But I guess we'll never know.

who did it work for in the past? You would've torn Hak a new butthole if he did that.

• Downvote 1

And you would have been the very first to rip Hak afterwards if Johnson was put in and immediately gave up a couple of goals.

who did it work for in the past? You would've torn Hak a new butthole if he did that.

I would not have ripped Hakstol; I would have given him credit for trying something to change the momentum.  I was watching at the Ground Round and I wasn't the only one that was thinking it.

I remember one game vs. Anchorage in 1996 when Blais pulled Toby Kvalevog in favor of Aaron Vickar and we came back and won.  I also remember the 2006 Final Five semifinals when Lucia pulled Briggs for Frazee when they were down big to St. Cloud and the Gophers came back to tie it and send it to OT.  Although they lost in overtime, at least it gave them a chance.  So it has worked before.

i guess this little fluff piece written by the philly writer rubbed me the wrong way...hak's legacy will not a legendary legacy like the previous couple of coaches bc of the 1000 pound gorilla in the room that the beat writer briefly mentioned in his article....

I'm curious as to what you think the UND legacies are of players like Greg Johnson, Zach Parise, Matt Greene, and Jonathan Toews...

• Upvote 1

I would not have ripped Hakstol; I would have given him credit for trying something to change the momentum.  I was watching at the Ground Round and I wasn't the only one that was thinking it.

I remember one game vs. Anchorage in 1996 when Blais pulled Toby Kvalevog in favor of Aaron Vickar and we came back and won.  I also remember the 2006 Final Five semifinals when Lucia pulled Briggs for Frazee when they were down big to St. Cloud and the Gophers came back to tie it and send it to OT.  Although they lost in overtime, at least it gave them a chance.  So it has worked before.

I think I'm going to throw the BS flag here....Again, there is a reason Hak is standing next to the ice and you are watching it at a local bar.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I mean why not Hrynwik?  He'd shown about as much as Johnson did on the ice last season. 

And your examples are both two games that weren't going to end the season if the team didn't lose, not even close to an apples to apples comparison.  The gopher comparison is pretty ridiculous when you see that Frazee had started 11 games that year, had a .910 save percentage and a 2.36 GAA.  Johnson started one game this year and made it 54 seconds into the second period with his only other ice time being the first game of the year against Bemidji State 6 months before the Boston game. 

• Upvote 1

I mean why not Hrynwik?  He'd shown about as much as Johnson did on the ice last season. 

And your examples are both two games that weren't going to end the season if the team didn't lose, not even close to an apples to apples comparison.  The gopher comparison is pretty ridiculous when you see that Frazee had started 11 games that year, had a .910 save percentage and a 2.36 GAA.  Johnson started one game this year and made it 54 seconds into the second period with his only other ice time being the first game of the year against Bemidji State 6 months before the Boston game. 

But that he looked solid in his previous in that U-18 game say what was it? 3 months prior! :lol:

"Ok Cam I know you haven't seen a live game from between the pipes since January but replace the best goalie in the country against one of the best teams in the country... by the way, a trip to the national title game is on the line, good luck!"

• Upvote 1

But that he looked solid in his previous in that U-18 game say what was it? 3 months prior! :lol:

"Ok Cam I know you haven't seen a live game from between the pipes since January but replace the best goalie in the country against one of the best teams in the country... by the way, a trip to the national title game is on the line, good luck!"

you forgot "if you lead us to victory, you will be starting the next game"

you forgot "if you lead us to victory, you will be starting the next game"

Don't forget. "Oh yeah, and its the National Championship game and our fans have been hungry for a title for over a decade.  And, if you lose, they will blame you and probably start a thread about you on Siouxsports.com to get rid of you"  :)

I heard a rumor that Hakstol volunteers at The Humane Society euthanizing baby kitties and puppies and loves to swerve into puddles on rainy days so he can splash grannies trying to cross the street.

no but he does like to use "do you know who i am" at the altru er when waiting in line....

• Downvote 2

I'm curious as to what you think the UND legacies are of players like Greg Johnson, Zach Parise, Matt Greene, and Jonathan Toews...

greg johnson-before my time

parise-gave it everything he had on every shift

greene-have some mutual friends...they say one of the nicest guys you could meet

toews-until he brings the cup back to gf and rea the jury is out on him 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

fightingsioux4life = SIOUXFAN97

Have to be the same person, I PRAY they are the same person, two separate people like this in society is why we can't have nice things.

what's funny is that the majority of people i talk to about hak say he had is time/opportunity and its time for someone else to try their style...yes he won a lot but still this aint jv hockey we are talking about here...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

what's funny is that the majority of people i talk to about hak say he had is time/opportunity and its time for someone else to try their style...yes he won a lot but still this aint jv hockey we are talking about here...

You can't quote the opinion of..... "the majority of the people i talk to".......... when you're only hearing the voices in your own head,

....... or your other login names.

Wait.....did you just refer to Hak running a "jv hockey" program.

I just want everyone to see and understand exactly how much credibility your opinuon should have around here.