SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

Well that was interesting. The way she goes, I guess. Way of the road.  Certainly had a lot of fun watching this team this season, and can't wait to do it all over again next season.  "With all due respect to Omaha and North Dakota, the sooner they leave town, the better" I guess you got your wish, Mr. Eric Wilbur of the Boston Globe, you certainly are a gracious host, thank you for having us....you troll.

One big problem is falling behind right away early in the 1st period.  As soon as we fell behind 2-0, I thought to myself "Here we go again, same old crap."  And we never caught up.  You cannot win games in April when you spot your opponent an early lead.  As usual, we staged our 3rd period comeback.  And, like previous Frozen Fours, it wasn't enough.  This is one thing that has to change in the future or the results will never change.

1-7 in Frozen Four games under Hakstol.  And some people simply don't think it's a big deal.  Our fan base has gotten really soft in the last 15 years or so.  Maybe it's time to start hanging Regional Championship banners in REA since that seems to be our de facto "national championship". :silly:

Well, it's another offseason wondering what might have been.  And it is scary how normal it has become to me and others on this forum. :sad:

Something has to change.  And soon.

Yeah.  Tough loss.

Why is he a "tool"? Because he tells an uncomfortable truth?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy. And the level of frustration on this board tonight tells me that our fan base is anything but apathetic. We still love this program and we always will. That doesn't mean everything is sunshine and roses all the time.

Does that make sense to you?

I agree.

Btw, this next part isn't directed at anyone.

I just want to say this... Firing Hak does what for this program? It creates instability. A change in head coach means a change in everything. Assistant coaches... Bye bye... Systems... Gone, too... Recruits... You think Brock Boeser comes here without Hak? Not a chance. You think maybe Hak has had a hand in recruitment? Think about it.

Change at this point only creates instability. And even if we make a change, does that suddenly give a magic poition to our players to win a title? No.

There's a huge desire to make a change from a lot of fans. I get it. I'm very frustrated, too. But, all it does is create instability and guarantees nothing.

*sigh*

I don't know what to do. But, I do know that firing a head coach does nothing to guarantee anything. Change for the sake of change lacks common sense and rational thought.

This is Hak's program. He deserves the keys.

• Upvote 1

I just hope that someday soon we can watch the team win it all - and dedicate the banner to all those teams that got oh-so-close since 2001 but didn't quite do it.

To the 2014 - 2015 team and coaching staff: I know this hurts you all more than it hurts the fans - and it hurts us pretty bad, so I can't even imagine how you must feel. Thank you for the good times this season.

Fighting Sioux Forever.

Well said, double M.

Sometimes as Sioux fans you/we tend to only look at us.  How many of you watched the Beanpot this year?  BU was comin' - and comin' on strong.  Sometimes it pays to take a look at the big picture instead of just your little hometown hockey team.  As Deep Purple once said - Knocking at your back door.  This loss sucks but I think some of you need to look at the full college 'body of work' instead of just our little NCHC.  Jus' Sayin'.  Flame away children.

• Upvote 1

I too am numb to April hockey! I wanted this team to win for Hak more than anything. I really believe if he gets one, he will go on a roll like Gino did in the 80's. The problem is, how many FF will it take?

If I hear one more time that when he gets one, championships will come in bunches like grapes I will puke.  At this point, I'm not so sure he can even get one.  It's like the old Steve Martin routine "You can be a millionaire and never pay taxes".  Step one - get a million dollars.

In retrospect maybe firing Hakstol may not be the best thing but 8 frozen fours and one win, how can one team have such terrible luck?

Zane doesn't give up three bad goals in five games and comes in and gives up three in one game. At least two pipes if one of those goes in early whole different game. I think and it's been hashed out in other threads that Hak is stubborn and won't change his systems but he did change his defense from physical, large D to mobil playmakers, time to chane the offense. Give the fowards some freedom to create don't just dump it in, cycle the puck and dump it out of our zone and give up possession(how many times has you seen a foward blindly through the puck off the boards/glass from their own zone gining up possession) come Hak time to change it up.

Why is he a "tool"? Because he tells an uncomfortable truth?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy. And the level of frustration on this board tonight tells me that our fan base is anything but apathetic. We still love this program and we always will. That doesn't mean everything is sunshine and roses all the time.

Does that make sense to you?

To your last question......no it doesn't for him. He is satisfied with the status quo..... which is good but never great. And truth......no one wants to hear that as it might require some self reflection and analysis. Hak is a good coach. Great coaches win a NC or more than one. Hak shouldn't be fired as he is a really good coach yet who is surprised by last night? 1-7 and 6 straight losses in F4s can't be chalked up to bad luck, bad bounces and the rest of the verbal nausea of excuses that are made. The one constant in the numbers above is who? It is what it is...like it or not.

Most people in life like good as they never experience great. Obliviously this is very common with monkeys or people with their IQ...Trunk Monkey fits this category.

As far this tool, the sun is up in Fargo, I have a plan to catch to AZ and a tee time waiting.

Looking forward to next season already...there is always next season to possibly be great.

• Upvote 4

Still can't figure out the Hak man crush on Murphy. 0 goals in 2 years and he's getting power play time. Meanwhile a senior that has produced as recently as two weeks ago.....in very limited playing time sits (Panzarella).

I really like Cags and Parks but they disappeared after Christmas this year.

• Upvote 1

Well, after some time to settle down, I'm disappointed but pretty over it. first period, we got outplayed and zane let in a softy. Second period we bounced right back and dominated play, but some how let in more soft goals. Third period was more of the same.

Yes,there were some horrible calls. One of which led to a weak PP goal, but the loss has to go on the team not the refs. Our boys missed a few scoring chances and hit a fee pipes. That being said, our magic number this year has been 3 which we hit, and our Hobey caliber goalie just did not show up tonight. if the zane we have had all season plays,we probably win that game 5-2. Hak had the boys ready, just a bad night to be off your game in goal.

Thanks to the senior, and hope the rest of the boys are back for redemption next season. Good year, bummer finish. GO SIOUX! and go providence I guess

I agree wholeheartedly.  This was a really great team, and for me, this elimination game will sit alongside the title game against Denver and last year against MN as games where they deserved a better fate.  They carried the play, they got pucks and bodies to the net.  They really did everything they could have hoped for going in except outscore the other guys.

And about half the guys posting on this thread are ****ing dirtbags.

Absolutely Agree

I think we dominated them most of the game. We just don't have he luck in the frozen four. I wasn't even impressed by erckle or whatever his name is. Two open net goals and a simple pass at the blue line were not spectacular plays in my eyes. I wanted to pull my hair out every time the announcers said ca"Julia"

Man this sucks

Ahh yes, the name calling to try and deflect the 0'fer Frozen Four record. A monkey could have this team in the playoffs most years given the silver platter the team was handed to him on and the top level resources that have always been available to him.

Stop using the "top level resources" as an excuse on why players should just come to ND, that's just foolish. Does it help we have a top of the line arena? Of course it does but that isn't the only thing that gets players to come to UND. If we used your excuse that players will come to UND because of the arena than we would be getting the Eichel's of the world. The main goal now a days for players isn't to play college hockey, it is to make it to the NHL. UND does prepare players for a successful pro career once they leave but should that be their main goal?

Also, your name says "BringDeanBack", how well did he do in his FIRST FF in 14 years?