SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

When UND loses in the tournament, it always stews in my head for at least day. Don't even want to go into work tomorrow. Going to be thinking about what could've been the whole time.  :angry:

Well, I used to do that, but now when we lose in April, I don't lose sleep over it because I have almost come to expect it.  And that is not good.

Yeah, but if the same coach can get a team prepared to get to the frozen four multiple times with a different makeup of players from year to year every year under his tenure you have to appreciate that kind of consistency. Seriously hak haters, send in your applications to UND for the next head coaching job, I am sure you will have better luck/more success than Hak and can land the title in a year or two no problem.

Look at Mankato, they got a new head coach a two years ago and ended up being the #1 overall seed this year and laid a big egg against the #16 team. You guys would be happy with that?

Hey, bring in Mike Eaves!  He won a natty in 06 believe but is usually bad every 3 or 4 years and historically bad this past season.  We dont' care, we just want a natyy! Can't make it up.

Nobody Jump Ship, We are still the Sioux and we will still be fine, disappointed is an understatement but patience is key. I would not trade this season for anything really, such a great ride. All those great games at the Ralph, the regional was insane, just sucks we couldnt get over the hump again. We will one of these times I promise. We will be back.

Bottom line.... Hak is 1-7 in the F4 with 6 straight semi losses. As good of a coach as he is, this is HIS record and at some point he has to own it.

I have become somewhat numb by this repeating disappointment after traveling to Denver and MSP to watch 2 teams I thought were as good as any lay eggs.

tool of the night congrats
  • Upvote 1

tool of the night congrats

Why is he a "tool"?  Because he tells an uncomfortable truth?

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy.  And the level of frustration on this board tonight tells me that our fan base is anything but apathetic.  We still love this program and we always will.  That doesn't mean everything is sunshine and roses all the time.

Does that make sense to you?

It was the end of the game. They werent giving out a 5 for that. Figure it out.

Oh, I got it figured out guy.  If a ref doesn't make a call in order not to "effect the outcome of the game" on an incident like that, then he's effected the outcome of the game by not making the call.  Terrible unofficial protocol/"rule" in hockey.   

dont know if this was mentioned already but I didn't notice much recognition for Und by the espn guys. Lots of love for bu but very little for und. A bu parent was interviewed during a stoppage in play. Didn't see any und parents get any air time. Does und not employ a sports director to promote the school? There had to be a few Und alumni or former players in attendance that could have been lined up with a quick TV blurb for the school.

Tim h couldn't even get down for the press conference. Don't get me wrong I appreciate any coverage we get back in nd but if they can't do the job right why invest into sending local media in the first place? Herald had staff, clear channel, wdaz, kvly......maybe I'm just jealous because they all get the fun jobs!

Maybe you people that have such an issue with the team should stop going, that way I can get tickets easier.

Maybe some of the games in the past were Hak's fault, and he could have done things differently. Maybe 2011 was his fault when they couldn't buy a goal against a team they easily outplayed, hell maybe if he'd have played goalie tonight the soft ones wouldn't have gone in.

I think the adjustments were clear tonight. We were outplayed the first ten minutes. The team controlled the next ten. Our power play has been terrible all season, tonight it looked like one of the best in the country. We controlled the second and third periods. I don't know, but all of that looked a lot like in game coaching adjustments that were made that allowed the team to get back into the game.

• Upvote 1

dont know if this was mentioned already but I didn't notice much recognition for Und by the espn guys. Lots of love for bu but very little for und. A bu parent was interviewed during a stoppage in play. Does und not employ a sports director to promote the school? There had to be a few Und alumni or former players in attendance that could have been lined up with a quick TV blurb for the school.

ESPN has always had a hard-on for East Coast schools.  I am so used to it I don't even comment on it anymore.  Although I really wanted someone to stick a sock in Barry Melrose's mouth tonight. :angry:

Exactly.  The slow lowering of expectations, to the point where "20 wins" is somehow the standard.  Some of us who have actually been following UND hockey for 40 years are very unhappy with that idea. 

And where did this idea that the "stars have to align" in order to win a Natty come from?  Since UND's last, Denver has 2, UM has 2, Duluth has 1, and BC has about 27.  Enough of that talk. 

A few more facts please.  DU ain't won one for like 10 yrs (and in 05 we' toally beat them/blame one and done), Goofs for like 12 yrs, UMD even you gotta admit won one 4 yrs ago on a spirited/fortunate run (WTF have they done otherwise???). Agree, enuff of that talk.  

dont know if this was mentioned already but I didn't notice much recognition for Und by the espn guys. Lots of love for bu but very little for und. A bu parent was interviewed during a stoppage in play. Didn't see any und parents get any air time. Does und not employ a sports director to promote the school? There had to be a few Und alumni or former players in attendance that could have been lined up with a quick TV blurb for the school.

Tim h couldn't even get down for the press conference. Don't get me wrong I appreciate any coverage we get back in nd but if they can't do the job right why invest into sending local media in the first place? Herald had staff, clear channel, wdaz, kvly......maybe I'm just jealous because they all get the fun jobs!

Ummm...ESPN did spend some time with Mark Mac in the stands...
  • Upvote 1