SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

Why can't !@#$ go our way for once? Man, I don't get how this can continually happen. I really don't think it's anything related to Hakstol but !@#$ just doesn't go our way when we have good teams.

Hell, I'd say it really started in 03-04(Blais' last year) when we had that stacked team with Parise and Bochenski. Thought UND would cruise through the tournament. Nope, lost to Denver and Denver ends up winning the title.

I want to thank you guys on here for another great year also. It's fun hearing all opinions and rants and raves. I don't think I'll be on here to read to much next year or to give a grude comment once in awhile. I'll be busy with a new born boy in late July early August so again thank you guys and God bless I going to bed. laterz

Tough loss and a tough way to end a great season. We out played them for most of the game but they had more of the puck luck tonight, we did not. Everyone here needs to step back and calm down. We had a great season. Good job boys!

Not that I disagree but we seem to have been saying that now for the last 15 years (and that includes part of the Blias era you Haks bashers).  Bad karma, no doubt, but for a decade and a half.....

As always, the apologists are out trying to shout down anybody who criticizes the team failing to finish in EIGHT STRAIGHT FROZEN FOURS. That HAS to be a record. Congrats to UND on setting the bar for worst run ever.

There are 59 D1 college hockey teams. At the end of every year there is 1 winner and 58 losers. At least by making it to the FF we get the opportunity to be one of the teams to play to be the winner rather than be like the rest of the teams that don't even make the FF or would give anything just to make the tournament. Where did Union, last years winner end up?

Big hakstol supporter here. Guy is great. Now when people yell 7 at me I can ask to clarify if we are talking about hakstol's frozen 4 loss record

I guess the only questions I have would be if the Sponge Bob costume still fits and if you'd bust out the smallpox blanket for some giggles...

• Upvote 1

One big problem is falling behind right away early in the 1st period.  As soon as we fell behind 2-0, I thought to myself "Here we go again, same old crap."  And we never caught up.  You cannot win games in April when you spot your opponent an early lead.  As usual, we staged our 3rd period comeback.  And, like previous Frozen Fours, it wasn't enough.  This is one thing that has to change in the future or the results will never change.

1-7 in Frozen Four games under Hakstol.  And some people simply don't think it's a big deal.  Our fan base has gotten really soft in the last 15 years or so.  Maybe it's time to start hanging Regional Championship banners in REA since that seems to be our de facto "national championship". :silly:

Well, it's another offseason wondering what might have been.  And it is scary how normal it has become to me and others on this forum. :sad:

Something has to change.  And soon.

• Upvote 3

There are 59 D1 college hockey teams. At the end of every year there is 1 winner and 58 losers. At least by making it to the FF we get the opportunity to be one of the teams to play to be the winner rather than be like the rest of the teams that don't even make the FF or would give anything just to make the tournament. Where did Union, last years winner end up?

they won a title did they not?

For those looking for finishers, hopefully Boeser, Wilkie, and Gersich will help out with that next season.

And hopefully NSchmaltz will stick around to help feed them the puck.

I want to support you on that statement but when was the last time we had freshmen get big point totals?  It just doesn't happen at UND anymore.  Why?

Yeah, but look what they did when they had a loaded team. They won a national title didn't they? Not saying this years UND team was loaded but they had serious depth. Also partly venting at UND teams in past years that were stacked and had their title hopes crushed.

You picked a bad time to have an off night too.

I think if there is a scapegoat to pick on for this loss its Gfhockey. All pompous to start the day by being undefeated by starting game day threads and then lay an egg on this day, unacceptable! GOBC should banish his a$$ for this poor lack of effort! ;-)

• Upvote 2

One big problem is falling behind right away early in the 1st period.  As soon as we fell behind 2-0, I thought to myself "Here we go again, same old crap."  And we never caught up.  You cannot win games in April when you spot your opponent an early lead.  As usual, we staged our 3rd period comeback.  And, like previous Frozen Fours, it wasn't enough.  This is one thing that has to change in the future or the results will never change.

1-7 in Frozen Four games under Hakstol.  And some people simply don't think it's a big deal.  Our fan base has gotten really soft in the last 15 years or so.  Maybe it's time to start hanging Regional Championship banners in REA since that seems to be our de facto "national championship". :silly:

Well, it's another offseason wondering what might have been.  And it is scary how normal it has become to me and others on this forum. :sad:

Something has to change.  And soon.

Thank you.  Now, prepare to be shouted down by the "stars have to align" contingent.

• Upvote 1

I want to support you on that statement but when was the last time we had freshmen get big point totals?  It just doesn't happen at UND anymore.  Why?

I don't think the coaching staff likes to give big time playing time to freshmen to start the season. 

For example, I was a senior at UND in 08-09 and it took forever for them to put Gregoire and Hextall on the top line with Duncan. 

I feel the same way, well not really numb but this loss didn't really bother me, because I was kind of expecting it. That's what is disappointing for me, my lack of faith in our team and coach.

I felt good about our chances tonight, but am not shocked or saddened in the least. That's not where I want to be after a Sioux hockey loss. But the last decade-plus has conditioned me not to put too much emotional investment in them. A person just expects or gets used to losses in big games when it trends this way year after year. A couple of times it may have been on Hakstol in the past; tonight it was on Zane, sketchy officiating & not being able to buy a goal on multiple chances. Whatever.

Blind luck would have us winning at least one of these FFs the last 11 years; seems almost like a curse has been put on this team bc I'm running out of rational reasons.