SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

I really enjoyed this season. A couple of games the boys just didn't show up, but most of the time they were a lot of fun to watch. I wasn't waiting for the top line or second line to come out. I was watching them all with anticipation of something good happening. It's been a while since there has been that level of depth and it was fun.

This game was disappointing, but the gave it their all even to the end. While the outcome was not in our favor, it was still a good game. I really look forward to next season to see who steps up and fills the roles of the seniors were losing.

Ultimately, it was a great season of Sioux hockey, anyone who says otherwise is blinded by a trophy. I want it as much as the next guy, which I doubt is nearly as much as the seniors this year wanted it.

See you guys next year!

• Upvote 2

Do those players that we have had even come to UND if Eades or Sandy are at UND? If either of those coaches are as good as you say, why is Eades still in the USHL? Yes, Sandy has won a title but what has happen to his teams after that (and before)? Would you go out and support UND if they turned in consecutive season of 5 wins? You fail to remember the years in the mid-90's when you couldn't even GIVE AWAY tickets to the games at the old Ralph...

Hak was a new coach at some point too.  Are you saying Sandy is a worse coach than Hak, I think that would be unfair.  Is hak a bad coach? Obviously not however were simply not winning those big games, the ones that really matter. Still was a fun team to watch though.

Do those players that we have had even come to UND if Eades or Sandy are at UND? If either of those coaches are as good as you say, why is Eades still in the USHL? Yes, Sandy has won a title but what has happen to his teams after that (and before)? Would you go out and support UND if they turned in consecutive season of 5 wins? You fail to remember the years in the mid-90's when you couldn't even GIVE AWAY tickets to the games at the old Ralph...

Eades was 2nd in line for the Mankato job - surprised he didn't get it.  Yes, I think those players still come to the Sioux with Eades or Sandy.  I was in graduate school in the early 90's and my last year was the first year of Blais, so I watched a lot of those games where Greg Johnson and, later, Landon Wilson were really some the only highlights of the team.  

Do those players that we have had even come to UND if Eades or Sandy are at UND? If either of those coaches are as good as you say, why is Eades still in the USHL? Yes, Sandy has won a title but what has happen to his teams after that (and before)? Would you go out and support UND if they turned in consecutive season of 5 wins? You fail to remember the years in the mid-90's when you couldn't even GIVE AWAY tickets to the games at the old Ralph...

Once again you are being naive in regards to the roll the Ralph plays at UND. If those other coaches had the opportunity to coach at a college with state of the art facilities, is the biggest event in town by a long shot,funding is never an issue, and has the rich history that UND does don't think for a second that multiple other coaches couldn't replicate Haks record and even hang something other than a participation banner once in awhile.

I've met Dave, I've been coached by Dave, I've watched him and his teams for years. There is not one coach anywhere on the planet I would rather have behind that bench. 

I realize you are trying to prove a point but that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said at anytime.  Reel it back in a bit, chief.  

Eades was 2nd in line for the Mankato job - surprised he didn't get it.  Yes, I think those players still come to the Sioux with Eades or Sandy.  I was in graduate school in the early 90's and my last year was the first year of Blais, so I watched a lot of those games where Greg Johnson and, later, Landon Wilson were really some the only highlights of the team.  

As everyone on this board implies "being 2nd doesn't mean anything". I'm not saying Eades is a bad coach but he hasn't been a head coach at the College level in his career, is there something that we all don't know that is keeping him back?

I can't say (and no one else can either) that those players still come to UND if Eades or Sandy was here. Look at all the old players that have kids and go play at different schools, or go look at some of the brothers that played here and the last one goes elsewhere.

Once again you are being naive in regards to the roll the Ralph plays at UND. If those other coaches had the opportunity to coach at a college with state of the art facilities, is the biggest event in town by a long shot,funding is never an issue, and has the rich history that UND does don't think for a second that multiple other coaches couldn't replicate Haks record and even hang something other than a participation banner once in awhile.

Not sure if you have been at the Ralph but they don't hang participation banners.....

I realize you are trying to prove a point but that is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said at anytime.  Reel it back in a bit, chief.  

Who would you rather have coaching the team? I like having a program alumni behind the bench, and I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have there. You bring an NHL coach in here and they might have more experience at a higher level, but they aren't going to respect the program like an alumni and they aren't going to do any better than Hak. The only thing missing from his resume is a natty, and while that's huge, I'd still take where we are at as a program over having a natty and a handful of losing seasons.

This team was as prepared as it gets. We didn't have the luck. Hak is he best coach at the D1 level.

Even if hak won the title every 10 years some of you would still complain!

It is kind of funny.  The odds are much better that UND moves its home games to Purpur Arena than they are that they get rid of Hak in the foreseeable future.  He keeps sending teams to the Frozen Four, regardless of the outcome, he's going nowhere.

The "common denominator" crowd can whine all they want.  Them's the facts.

• Upvote 1

I just hope that someday soon we can watch the team win it all - and dedicate the banner to all those teams that got oh-so-close since 2001 but didn't quite do it.

To the 2014 - 2015 team and coaching staff: I know this hurts you all more than it hurts the fans - and it hurts us pretty bad, so I can't even imagine how you must feel. Thank you for the good times this season.

Fighting Sioux Forever.

^^^^^^^^

What MM said.

Not meaning to split hairs, but there is a banner with the years we have "participated" in the Frozen 4. ;)

So what if there's a banner? They hang banners in the Dean Dome for Final Fours at UNC. I think it's worth noting the program has been there so many times.

To all the whining, so called Sioux fans who are complaining about Hak and the team.   The teams haven't won a F4 yet but he's taken the team to the F4 SEVEN TIMES IN ELEVEN YEARS!! Any college hockey program that can do that is in the winning column. UND's hockey teams are known for their team mentality, the pride they have for the tradition and history of the program they represent, they're a brotherhood now and forever and they want to win it all, not for themselves but for who they are playing for...the program and the fans.   It is frustrating and painful for Sioux fans to come so close and not win the big prize at the end of the season, now just imagine how the team must feel! To the select few, so called Sioux fans>>Quit you're bitchin' and acknowledge what we are so fortunate to have!!

Thank you for a thrilling hockey season  UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX HOCKEY TEAM AND COACHING STAFF!!  We love you, appreciate all you do for the program and, for us, the fans.  Until next season, when you go out there and do it again for the program, for the brotherhood and for us, the fans of the best hockey program in the nation!!

GO SIOUX!!

• Upvote 1

This team was as prepared as it gets. We didn't have the luck. Hak is he best coach at the D1 level.

In a board filled with emotion and hyperbole, that may be the stupidest thing I have read.  

Hak is class act period. The Sioux for the most part dominated this game and they were prepared. The absence of Zane, innumerable blown calls, from the the Poolman penalty, to the knee on knee contact that should have been a fiver, to the thrash of Pattyn's throat. The biggest issue i had was this though: the refs could have easily called the Terriers for too many men on the ice at least a half a dozen times if not more. I don't know how many times the Sioux were on a rush coming up the ice when a Terrier player was changing at least 30-35 feet from the bench and the player replacing him was jumping up in the play to disrupt the ensuing Sioux rush. I was going bonkers!!!

• Upvote 1

Luck? OK....Are you Jayson the SID? ;)

As to your last comment.....purely hypothetical statement as it has not happened yet.

Hak is class act period. The Sioux for the most part dominated this game and they were prepared. The absence of Zane, innumerable blown calls, from the the Poolman penalty, to the knee on knee contact that should have been a fiver, to the thrash of Pattyn's throat. The biggest issue i had was this though: the refs could have easily called the Terriers for too many men on the ice at least a half a dozen times if not more. I don't know how many times the Sioux were on a rush coming up the ice when a Terrier player was changing at least 30-35 feet from the bench and the player replacing him was jumping up in the play to disrupt the ensuing Sioux rush. I was going bonkers!!!

The poolman penalty was terrible.