SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

Those you who want to dump Hak would be horrible gamblers or risk takers.

Making 8 F4s is quite an accomplishment for Hak and the program.

Once you get to the F4, is basically luck getting a championship.

When we got to seven Natty's, we had beaten the odds.

Now, we're about average beating the odds.

BC hadn't won for fifty years, but look what the last decade has done for them.

The odds even out over the decades, if you have a good program.

As a fan, appreciate this team now. Don't berate them.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but if the same coach can get a team prepared to get to the frozen four multiple times with a different makeup of players from year to year every year under his tenure you have to appreciate that kind of consistency. Seriously hak haters, send in your applications to UND for the next head coaching job, I am sure you will have better luck/more success than Hak and can land the title in a year or two no problem.

Look at Mankato, they got a new head coach a two years ago and ended up being the #1 overall seed this year and laid a big egg against the #16 team. You guys would be happy with that?

You're right, let's pretend Hakstol is the only good coach in college hockey. And fans wouldn't be picking the new coach, a good chance a professional search firm would help with that.

Bottom line.... Hak is 1-7 in the F4 with 6 straight semi losses. As good of a coach as he is, this is HIS record and at some point he has to own it.

I have become somewhat numb by this repeating disappointment after traveling to Denver and MSP to watch 2 teams I thought were as good as any lay eggs.

• Upvote 1

Not a single player or coach on this team has anything to apologize for. Fans of this team should be proud of the way they have played and the way they handled themselves this year.

I would go all in that they have outperformed the way their loudest critics perform their own day jobs.

Agree

Yes, put down anyone who criticizes the greatest coach in college hockey

He's not criticizing him, he's a Daloot fan who only comes here to gloat and spout idiocracy after UND losses. Truly one of the most no-class posters I have ever seen.

Bottom line.... Hak is 1-7 in the F4 with 6 straight semi losses. As good of a coach as he is, this is HIS record and at some point he has to own it.

I have become somewhat numb by this repeating disappointment after traveling to Denver and MSP to watch 2 teams I thought were as good as any lay eggs.

I feel the same way, well not really numb but this loss didn't really bother me, because I was kind of expecting it. That's what is disappointing for me, my lack of faith in our team and coach.

Hak can put up wins

Put butts in the seats

Just can't put a banner in the rafters

I dont quite understand why Murphy was in the line up.  He has zero goals and he is playing on the second line?  Nick Schmaltz is a distributor and he is playing with two guys who are not goal scorers..I would have played Olson over Murphy.  Not saying Olson is a goal scorer but has at least shown the ability to put the puck in the net

If Hakstol can't win it all, he's my Robert E. Lee and I want no one else. There isn't a coach I'd trade him for. Our PP looked best in the biggest game of the year. We didn't start hot, which you can't put on him, which gives up the first goal due to taking a penalty and not moving feet. Next goal? Penalty that shouldn't have been. Next two goals? Zan stops at least 1 90% of the year and we out hustled /outplayed them during that stretch. Not on the coach. He can't cash in. He kept the mentality for the team to keep it a game. Hak is my guy. Call me an aplogist or what have you. ride or die wth hak

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way, well not really numb but this loss didn't really bother me, because I was kind of expecting it. That's what is disappointing for me, my lack of faith in our team and coach.

Exactly.  The slow lowering of expectations, to the point where "20 wins" is somehow the standard.  Some of us who have actually been following UND hockey for 40 years are very unhappy with that idea. 

And where did this idea that the "stars have to align" in order to win a Natty come from?  Since UND's last, Denver has 2, UM has 2, Duluth has 1, and BC has about 27.  Enough of that talk. 

• Upvote 2

Building a pretty good program at Omaha...he didn't inherit anything.

Give me a break.  He won two nattys at UND, plays in a metroarea 8xlarger than GF (and not in ND!), an arena 3K bigger than the Ralph, has Blais's great name associated with it now,...  Yeah, GF is such a magnet.

As always, the apologists are out trying to shout down anybody who criticizes the team failing to finish in EIGHT STRAIGHT FROZEN FOURS. That HAS to be a record. Congrats to UND on setting the bar for worst run ever.

North Dakota has not made eight straight Frozen Fours...