SiouxSports.com Forum

GDT: Sioux vs puppies who pee on the porch

gfhockey

Maybe you people that have such an issue with the team should stop going, that way I can get tickets easier.

Maybe some of the games in the past were Hak's fault, and he could have done things differently. Maybe 2011 was his fault when they couldn't buy a goal against a team they easily outplayed, hell maybe if he'd have played goalie tonight the soft ones wouldn't have gone in.

I think the adjustments were clear tonight. We were outplayed the first ten minutes. The team controlled the next ten. Our power play has been terrible all season, tonight it looked like one of the best in the country. We controlled the second and third periods. I don't know, but all of that looked a lot like in game coaching adjustments that were made that allowed the team to get back into the game.

Yes, spot on. Also Blais played a great game on Eichels line as well and was instrumental in assisting on that empty net goal.

Kinda getting fairly certain these people are all the same people or person with multiple names, no way this much stupidity exists without them burning their own trailer courts down. (FYI ...I was born in a trailer, I can joke...see "The Tim Whatley rule")

dont know if this was mentioned already but I didn't notice much recognition for Und by the espn guys. Lots of love for bu but very little for und. A bu parent was interviewed during a stoppage in play. Didn't see any und parents get any air time. Does und not employ a sports director to promote the school? There had to be a few Und alumni or former players in attendance that could have been lined up with a quick TV blurb for the school.

ESPN did bring two BU players on Sportscenter. They like to make a big deal out of the Hobey Baker favorite.

Why can't !@#$ go our way for once? Man, I don't get how this can continually happen. I really don't think it's anything related to Hakstol but !@#$ just doesn't go our way when we have good teams.

Hell, I'd say it really started in 03-04(Blais' last year) when we had that stacked team with Parise and Bochenski. Thought UND would cruise through the tournament. Nope, lost to Denver and Denver ends up winning the title.

What?!  That wasn't Haks at the helm with that talented squad?!  Blow me away man!  Know what, blame the new Ralph.  I might be wrong, but believe the ftbl team won it's first natty in 2001 in its first year in the Al (or was that the 2nd year?) but Sioux hockey aint' won  a natty since 2000, a year before (I think?) it moved into the new Ralph.  Ironic.

Bottom line.... Hak is 1-7 in the F4 with 6 straight semi losses. As good of a coach as he is, this is HIS record and at some point he has to own it.

I have become somewhat numb by this repeating disappointment after traveling to Denver and MSP to watch 2 teams I thought were as good as any lay eggs.

I too am numb to April hockey! I wanted this team to win for Hak more than anything. I really believe if he gets one, he will go on a roll like Gino did in the 80's. The problem is, how many FF will it take?

I too am numb to April hockey! I wanted this team to win for Hak more than anything. I really believe if he gets one, he will go on a roll like Gino did in the 80's. The problem is, how many FF will it take?

^ This. I really want UND to win a title with Hakstol as head coach. His teams have accomplished every but a national title. I fully agree with you that if Hakstol coached team gets over that hump and finally wins a title, I think more would come soon after.

But yeah, how many years will it take? How many more seasons will the UND upper brass give him?

When it happens. When UND finally captures #8. It's gonna feel so !@#$ing good. The teasing and foreplay has gotten old. Time to move past that.

ESPN has always had a hard-on for East Coast schools. I am so used to it I don't even comment on it anymore. Although I really wanted someone to stick a sock in Barry Melrose's mouth tonight. :angry:

Agreed. I think Barry Melrose can only mutter praise for "BC" or "BU", no one else matters.

Is this that sponge bob fool who thinks he can publicly joke about smallpox blankets? Id love to take this guy for a visit to a nd rez some time.

He is one and the same. He also was on a KFAN segment for about a minute a couple years back until he made a complete ass of himself and the host dumped his call. He thought it was funny to rip on Kristo for the frostbite incident. Pure class all the way.

Personally think the season was great, minus the final game. It sucks, its disappointing, just wasnt in the cards. I really didnt expect us to be in that game Oct 11 anyways. We will make another run next year, and hopefully get it done. Nothing else much to say really except lets home some guys stick around. No blame game.

Well if anyone would know about he reservation it's someone who uses a racist mascot, no?

I do some work on a couple reservations. Ride with me some time. I'll wear my Sioux gear. You can wear spongebob outfit and hold your sign and hand out blankets in the rez pepper parking lot. We'll see what happens.

Maybe Hakstol has to do some soul searching on how he does things, maybe free up the forwards and pull back on the D some, trying doing something other then cycle the puck and grind it out on the walls, use the talent you recruit don't just use the system no matter what. I would love to see Hak win one but honestly with all the teams he has had I don't think it's going to happen. He hashad high end fowards, grinders, hard workers, awesome goalies but the results are all the same.