SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

12 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I wonder where they will be located?  It would be nice to have some restaurants on the south side of town.   I have eaten at several Freddy's always good food and different fast food then your typical fast food restaurant.  

5 minutes ago, NewUndFan said:

I wonder where they will be located?  It would be nice to have some restaurants on the south side of town.   I have eaten at several Freddy's always good food and different fast food then your typical fast food restaurant.  

Columbia and Washington each between 32nd and 47th seem ripe for commercial/retail/restaurant expansion.

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Have eaten at the Maple Grove location. Loved the burgers (Culver’s like)and seasoning. Disliked the shoe string French fries. 
Cheese curds were ok

18 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

What is a Molley Yeh? Honestly have never heard of it before 

City girl turned redneck

basically cooks up Midwest dishes like hot dishes etc snd they tape her for the country to see. Not sure if they are silently making fun of us or it’s the real deal

• Downvote 2

On 8/12/2021 at 12:29 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Chicken is way better and it’s not even close, boneless and bone in! I actually think their sauces are better too because they are not as salty. Still hard to ever beat the Cay though, but no kids allowed there.

I would KILL to have one in WY!

Agreed, the Cay has amazing food. Wings and some Stir Fry, yes please!

I haven't been there in almost 15 years, but might need to make a trip. Hope the food is still as good as it used to be.

18 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I have one a mile from my house in Savage. Delicious! Nothing fancy, very similar to a culvers, but I really like them! Always order the fry sauce.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 7:51 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Lots of murals in bismarcks downtown.

Lots of social media triggeredness both ways each way everyway...

in reality, its a nothingburger , wanna paint a wall paint a wall.

It actually does make one of the alleys feel a bit less rapey, and distracts from the urine smell.

But i do agee it is interesting to know where the money comes from to do the project 

https://nypost.com/2021/10/06/hunter-biden-attends-first-art-show-amid-ethical-concerns/

maybe the rhombus boys can "purchase" some of Hunter's hipster art and hang it outside with the DNA mural.....

On 9/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, Tbone said:

Have eaten at the Maple Grove location. Loved the burgers (Culver’s like)and seasoning. Disliked the shoe string French fries. 
Cheese curds were ok

Agreed. Not a fan of the fries. Too much work for too little reward. I'll stick with Culver's.

Charras and Tequila is doing a soft-opening in the old Ruby Tuesday location out by Lowes.   Haven't been to the GF one yet but been to the one in DL.   Fresh guac made at your table with your ingredients - an amazing start to an excellent menu.  Go beyond the regular Norwegian/Mexican combo taco platter and try something you've never had before.   You won't be disappointed!

PS - won't replace the joint on the East Side by Hugo's right away - BUT they might have to step up their game.   Like re-painting their sign.  c'mon MAN!  Walgreens is going to block you completely from view.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I ate there last night and can confirm the food and drink are excellent.  As is the the atmosphere.  Staff were great also.  Definitely a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.  It is a step or two above Sky's in my opinion.  

The New York Strip was fantastic. 

On 10/18/2021 at 11:10 PM, gfNDfan said:

Charras and Tequila is doing a soft-opening in the old Ruby Tuesday location out by Lowes.   Haven't been to the GF one yet but been to the one in DL.   Fresh guac made at your table with your ingredients - an amazing start to an excellent menu.  Go beyond the regular Norwegian/Mexican combo taco platter and try something you've never had before.   You won't be disappointed!

PS - won't replace the joint on the East Side by Hugo's right away - BUT they might have to step up their game.   Like re-painting their sign.  c'mon MAN!  Walgreens is going to block you completely from view.

Overall very good. Excellent service. A little pricey, but the real takeaway is to plan ahead. Arrived early - 20 minutes after open - to a 30 minute wait. Not a lot of seating, as the floor plan is dominated by two large bars. 

We'll go back, for sure. 

GF is so starved for good food that any decent concept is going to thrive. 

PRO TIP: Spring for the churros. 

• Like 1