SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

So, by my count there are 6 new restaurants coming to town. But the ones that are here apparently have significant staffing problems and many are limiting hours and closing Sundays  because of those problems. I’ve heard rumors that a few of the new restaurants are physically ready to open but can’t because of staff problems. Wonder how this is going to work out in the end. More closures ala Sickies? 

3 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

More closures ala Sickies? 

Yes. It has always happened, even before the "staffing issues."

Bars and restaurants are famous for their constant closures and openings.

The new Famous Dave's in GF sits on the site of a bar that closed and was torn down.

Sickies replaced a closed bar/restaurant. 

And the cycle repeats.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:54 PM, Big Lubowski said:

So, by my count there are 6 new restaurants coming to town. But the ones that are here apparently have significant staffing problems and many are limiting hours and closing Sundays  because of those problems. I’ve heard rumors that a few of the new restaurants are physically ready to open but can’t because of staff problems. Wonder how this is going to work out in the end. More closures ala Sickies? 

Yes.

20 hours ago, Cratter said:

Happy Labor Day Weekend. 

If you haven't tried the "reverse sear" method of grilling your steaks.

This weekend is the perfect chance.

It'll change the way you grill forever.

It's one thing the gas grill with temp control and different height racks does better.

Try this:

Salt the steak heavily and give it at least a 24hr dry age in the fridge(up to 72hr), then sous vide for a couple hours at 120-130, finally finish on a grill or a cast iron/carbon steel pan with lots of butter. The sous vide can be done the day before. Just let the cooked steaks come up to room temperature before finishing them on the grill/in the pan.

The method is basically reverse sear on steroids. My god it's good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hammersmith said:

Try this:

Salt the steak heavily and give it at least a 24hr dry age in the fridge(up to 72hr), then sous vide for a couple hours at 120-130, finally finish on a grill or a cast iron/carbon steel pan with lots of butter. The sous vide can be done the day before. Just let the cooked steaks come up to room temperature before finishing them on the grill/in the pan.

The method is basically reverse sear on steroids. My god it's good.

Add an hour or two of cold smoke before sous vide to up the flavor. 

• 2 weeks later...