SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Ate at Harry’s. Great atmosphere. Great cocktails. Bland food. Very very bland. For the price the food should be on point with everything else. 

talked to a guy that manages a few bars downtown and he eat at harry's and said the same thing.....not impressed

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

talked to a guy that manages a few bars downtown and he eat at harry's and said the same thing.....not impressed

Sky's is still in business so there's precedent.  Not sure who's cooking at Harry's but they haven't made a big deal about it.    That might say something.

9 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

All of this for an undercooked burger...

nope - do your research as the anti-vaxxers would say;)   I'm an anti-AHOLE biz-supporter.  There is a HUGE history there that doesn't jibe with the "boo-hoo little small business owner" angle.   These people knew what they where doing and it was totally for themselves.  That place should have been run out of town years ago - for the good of GF/EGF!   There are TONS of more deserving restaurants than this trainwreck.  When's the last time you heard anyone say "WOW!  You have to eat the Boardwalk...(crickets)"

58 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

nope - do your research as the anti-vaxxers would say;)   I'm an anti-AHOLE biz-supporter.  There is a HUGE history there that doesn't jibe with the "boo-hoo little small business owner" angle.   These people knew what they where doing and it was totally for themselves.  That place should have been run out of town years ago - for the good of GF/EGF!   There are TONS of more deserving restaurants than this trainwreck.  When's the last time you heard anyone say "WOW!  You have to eat the Boardwalk...(crickets)"

You seem pretty unhinged. 

• Upvote 3

On 11/19/2021 at 2:52 PM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Get your collective a$$es to EGF and eat at Boardwalk between now and January 17.  A lot.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/7290375-Boardwalks-penalty-for-violating-Minnesota-mandates-25000-fine-30-day-suspension-of-license

And God bless them for having the stones to stand up to garbage tyranny out of St. Paul.

Boy would another $500k loan that gets "forgotten" about for the next 20 years and only needs to be partially repaid come in handy about now.  

• Upvote 2

SS.com:  We're going to publish a dining guide for Grand Forks!

Interested reader:  Oh, that's nice.  Will you be relying on Michelin ratings?

SS.com:  No, Dun & Bradstreet.

Interested reader:  But what about the food?

SS.com:  Past finances, tax liabilities, and creditworthiness are more important.

Interested reader:  But what about service, convenience, or price?

SS.com:  It's a small town. 

Interested reader:  Some people are relatively new here, and don't get into local gossip.

SS.com:  Everybody needs to know everything about the owners...digging up old dirt is all that matters.

Interested reader:  Grand Forks really doesn't have that many dining options, though.

SS.com:  We can think of one too many.

Interested reader:  That seems kind of petty.

SS.com:  (eats gas station burrito)

Interested reader:  (eats gas station burrito)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

SS.com:  Past finances, tax liabilities, and creditworthiness are more important.

Interested reader:  Some people are relatively new here, and don't get into local gossip.

SS.com:  Everybody needs to know everything about the owners...digging up old dirt is all that matters.

Interested reader:  Grand Forks really doesn't have that many dining options, though.

And if I'm not mistaken, that's how Zombieland started

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2021 at 8:27 AM, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Would a previously posted political slanted rant suffice for a reason to eat somewhere, anywhere, EGF perhaps?

Starting in January you can eat at Aldi - GF's newest grocery store!  Savings German-style but bring a quarter to rent the shopping cart.  

PS - you get the quarter back when you return it to the store.  Plus they're German!  Good add since Hornbacher's ditched GF like a bad date.  Funny thing is they're still the "Official Grocer of UND Athletics".   Hugo's (a GREAT GF supporter) got the short end of the LearSports deal - WOOF!:-( 

Frankly embarrassing - Hugo's deserved far better treatment from UND athletics

On 11/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, Smoggy said:

The Shire restaurant in River Cinema movie theater is open. Lots fun stuff on walls and plenty tvs. More of a bar, but kids are allowed. Food is very good. Burgers and grilled cheese options. Gravy comes with waffle fries.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/business/7298538-The-Shire-Bar-Grill-opens-in-East-Grand-Forks-after-two-years

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Family and I went to the Blue Moose in EGF before game on Saturday. Probably have eaten there twenty times over the years and have always left very satisfied. Kind of our go to when up there for Sioux hockey games 

We usually hit Bonzers but decided to switch it up on Saturday and hit Tavern United. It didn't take long to remember why we hadn't been there in awhile. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

We usually hit Bonzers but decided to switch it up on Saturday and hit Tavern United. It didn't take long to remember why we hadn't been there in awhile. 

We enjoy Bonzers too. Back in the day Whitey’s was our go to before games. I miss that place 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Guessing it took a lot longer to get your drink, food, and bill though.

Brutal. I get they are short staffed but when a waitress walks by for the 8th time and doesn't even acknowledge that you are there and avoid eye contact it is just !@#!$ service...This is what made me remember our last experience there which was pre pandemic and it was the same result. 

12 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Brutal. I get they are short staffed but when a waitress walks by for the 8th time and doesn't even acknowledge that you are there and avoid eye contact it is just !@#!$ service...This is what made me remember our last experience there which was pre pandemic and it was the same result. 

This is when I ask her if I can speak to the owner

18 hours ago, petey23 said:

They served the rarest burgers there last time we went....

Rare.... uncooked... they were one of those, which was suprising as it must have been on the grill for an hour or more.

Did I mention the last time we went was... the Last time, we will have ever went.

Might be my lowest rated place in GF..... of all time.