SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/opinion/letters/7097399-Letter-Memorial-Union-on-Grand-Forks’-UND-campus-shouldn’t-include-Chick-fil-A

Surprised it took this long.

Induced enough eye roll to get up and over the Columbia overpass.

Keri needs to STFU.  Typical bedwetter.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No, she doesn’t. She can say whatever she wants and let everyone know what her options are and it’s not obligatory to agree with her. 

.....and George Floyd has been drug free for over a year now.

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

No, she doesn’t. She can say whatever she wants and let everyone know what her options are and it’s not obligatory to agree with her. 

I’ll ignore her and have a chicken sandwich. She may ignore me and eat whatever  wherever. 

Driving down 32nd tonight and noticed a sign company was hanging something new on the former Spicy Pie spot in the Erbs&Gerbs Stripmall...HOUSE OF PUNJAB with a cool tiger and a banner below saying "Coming Soon".   There were some guys hanging around the front taking pictures so I stopped and asked if they were the owners - they were.   Told them we've been waiting a LONG TIME for an Indian restaurant in GF and were looking forward to their place.  They said they expect to open about the middle of July.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

Driving down 32nd tonight and noticed a sign company was hanging something new on the former Spicy Pie spot in the Erbs&Gerbs Stripmall...HOUSE OF PUNJAB with a cool tiger and a banner below saying "Coming Soon".   There were some guys hanging around the front taking pictures so I stopped and asked if they were the owners - they were.   Told them we've been waiting a LONG TIME for an Indian restaurant in GF and were looking forward to their place.  They said they expect to open about the middle of July.

I saw that a couple weeks ago. Couldn't be more excited!

1 hour ago, gfNDfan said:

I'm already checking out the menu!  Can't wait to finally get Indian food here.

https://www.houseofpunjabgf.com/?fbclid=IwAR1Hf4Qax023dMR89UYY5uTsRaz3NsOEJhATu8HFHvKLzPc7qsTV-7hJy_c

16 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

YES! They have Karara! 

I'm down - what's the best?  Not to familiar with Northern Indian Punjabi food but they have Gobi Manchurian which is also pretty good - the only vegetarian entree I'd consider as a main choice - it's an app on this menu but very delicious!

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

I'm down - what's the best?  Not to familiar with Northern Indian Punjabi food but they have Gobi Manchurian which is also pretty good - the only vegetarian entree I'd consider as a main choice - it's an app on this menu but very delicious!

Karara is my go to from India Palace in Fargo. 

54 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

an old car wash in EGF is a new coffee shop...by subway on h2...called "wired"...looks cool

Nice combo.  I would have operated both, called it "Suds and Muds."  Complete with hot capuccino foam baths, and spot-and-dairy-free creamer rinses.  Not sure how popular the optional espresso undercarriage wash would have been, though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Nice combo.  I would have operated both, called it "Suds and Muds."  Complete with hot capuccino foam baths, and spot-and-dairy-free creamer rinses.  Not sure how popular the optional espresso undercarriage wash would have been, though.

We have hosted a few national softball tournaments and I have ended up doing the announcing of the Championship games. I usually put together a "faux" list of inning sponsors like this.---The 4th inning is being brought to you by Gordy's Collision Center and Knitting Supply or the 5th inning is being brought to you by Sammy's Bait & Tackle & Tanning.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

We have hosted a few national softball tournaments and I have ended up doing the announcing of the Championship games. I usually put together a "faux" list of inning sponsors like this.---The 4th inning is being brought to you by Gordy's Collision Center and Knitting Supply or the 5th inning is being brought to you by Sammy's Bait & Tackle & Tanning.

I think people should be creative and have fun like this.  Life is way too short to be serious all the time.

• Upvote 1

On 7/8/2021 at 10:39 AM, geaux_sioux said:

Karara is my go to from India Palace in Fargo. 

Love India Palace so we'll give it a shot  - thanks!   These guys are getting a good buzz on social media - as has been said, Indian food has been a LONG TIME coming to gf - hopefully this will spur more ethnic restaurants in the area - god knows there is space in the 10 vacant strip malls in the city.

• Upvote 1