SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

On 5/25/2021 at 12:47 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

any news on the somali diner going up across the street from the federal buidling downtown?

TRY IT!  Support a local business downtown and maybe have something different for your taste buds!   You might like it!

2 hours ago, Goon said:

Anyone know anything about this eatery? Looks kind a grand opening is coming soon. It’s across the parking lot from IHOP. 

F82D750F-ED87-4F39-8D31-84CAE62FE8AB.jpeg

They have a restaurant in Devils Lake - same name, same owners.   Authentic Mexican much like Casa Mexico on the East Side.   Good and a good location for them compared to the EGF restaurant.  They will be the only mexican on I-29 and 32nd but I went to EGF Hugos tonight at 8pm and Casa Mexico was packed!  They are our favorite - try the Diablo Shrimp (SPICY) or Rodeo Fajitas - order to go and you will have food for days.  Dining in is great too.

On 6/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, gfNDfan said:

They have a restaurant in Devils Lake - same name, same owners.   Authentic Mexican much like Casa Mexico on the East Side.   Good and a good location for them compared to the EGF restaurant.  They will be the only mexican on I-29 and 32nd but I went to EGF Hugos tonight at 8pm and Casa Mexico was packed!  They are our favorite - try the Diablo Shrimp (SPICY) or Rodeo Fajitas - order to go and you will have food for days.  Dining in is great too.

Excellent! We need a Mexican restaurant. 

14 hours ago, Goon said:

Excellent! We need a Mexican restaurant. 

Not like there are zero options and great to have another but: there is Casa de Mexico in EGF and El Gordito in the Columbia Mall. Plus in the summer there is Melissa's Mobile Cocina (formerly L&C Mexican Food). And of course you Norwegian Mexican food at Paradiso and Mexican Village.

On 6/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, Goon said:

Anyone know anything about this eatery? Looks kind a grand opening is coming soon. It’s across the parking lot from IHOP. 

F82D750F-ED87-4F39-8D31-84CAE62FE8AB.jpeg

I ate at the one in Bemidji (under a different name )  and was very impressed.  I also have tried to eat at the one in Bismarck and every time the waiting list was to long and I never wanted to wait that long.  Excited for a new Mexican restaurant in town.   Their Facebook page says they will be open by July.  Any word when?  

https://knoxradio.com/2021/06/13/gf-business-news-consumer-spending-new-gf-restaurants-tourism/?fbclid=IwAR2s8On9AX45f1Cz4GchecJh3rszrxLVkts7l-PWxVyCb5IDNx0BpH3cRco

Anyone know anything about this House of Punjab place? I am very pumped for this. GF needs an Indian restaurant badly. If they’re anywhere close to as good as Fargo’s India Palace I’ll be very happy.

24 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

https://knoxradio.com/2021/06/13/gf-business-news-consumer-spending-new-gf-restaurants-tourism/?fbclid=IwAR2s8On9AX45f1Cz4GchecJh3rszrxLVkts7l-PWxVyCb5IDNx0BpH3cRco

Anyone know anything about this House of Punjab place? I am very pumped for this. GF needs an Indian restaurant badly. If they’re anywhere close to as good as Fargo’s India Palace I’ll be very happy.

the last indian restaurant maybe was in the current tea and crepe spot in 1997?  

the plumbing supply store (the blue building across the street from the paddlwheel park) needs to be a food/drink service place...that place looks abandoned...a restaurant or coffee bar or liquor bar would add some traffic to that corner.

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

the last indian restaurant maybe was in the current tea and crepe spot in 1997?  

the plumbing supply store (the blue building across the street from the paddlwheel park) needs to be a food/drink service place...that place looks abandoned...a restaurant or coffee bar or liquor bar would add some traffic to that corner.

Yea I think that was a Pakistani place if I’m not mistaken. It was too ahead of its time. 

• Like 1

So, if I am understanding this right, the Mexican restaurant (Charras & Tequila) going into the old Ruby Tuesdays is set to open in July, El Roco will also become a Mexican restaurant (La Cantina), and there will be an Indian restaurant (House of Punjab) at 3000 32nd Ave. (the same complex as Noodles & Company - perhaps in the Spicy Pie spot?)?

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Yea I think that was a Pakistani place if I’m not mistaken. It was too ahead of its time. 

eat there one time right before the flood...good stuff...downtown was so dumpy and dead back then! having that corner being used to sell toilets and stuff would be so much nicer if had more than 2 people a day going thru there...sucks ember is closed too!

49 minutes ago, Dustin said:

So, if I am understanding this right, the Mexican restaurant (Charras & Tequila) going into the old Ruby Tuesdays is set to open in July, El Roco will also become a Mexican restaurant (La Cantina), and there will be an Indian restaurant (House of Punjab) at 3000 32nd Ave. (the same complex as Noodles & Company - perhaps in the Spicy Pie spot?)?

didn't hear about the rock being a mexican joint?

49 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I hope so. I’m skeptical of any Indian restaurant not located in a strip mall.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

totally agree GF needs an Indian Restaurant and India Palace would be a great place to replicate here.   Tandoori Chicken and Gobi Manchurian and I'm a happy camper!  

12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

WWAAYYY too ahead.  GF's version of the Dream Cafe for you Seinfeld fans.  It was an old downtown line of stools and small table diner (like Darcy's) he took over and made amazing Pakistani food in the shadow of the old City Center mall.  Was just starting to get some roll and got sucker punched/knocked out by the flood.  Wonder where he is today?

On 6/14/2021 at 11:58 PM, gfNDfan said:

WWAAYYY too ahead.  GF's version of the Dream Cafe for you Seinfeld fans.  It was an old downtown line of stools and small table diner (like Darcy's) he took over and made amazing Pakistani food in the shadow of the old City Center mall.  Was just starting to get some roll and got sucker punched/knocked out by the flood.  Wonder where he is today?

Noel's Cuisine!  That was the name of the place. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...