SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

I'm tellin' ya, Fetch, try a meatball sub at Firehouse...it's no contest which one is better.

Firehouse in general just makes a far better sandwich, I have never had anything I didn't like and have been to several in different parts of the country. 

Speaking of San Diego, I'm going there for New Years. Ya all got any recommendations for a first timer (thread drift).

I was going to say Gaslamp District, Hotel Del Coronado is on Orange St. on Coronado Island. A place you might like is Coronado Brewing Company it is on the San Diego side of Coronado Island on Orange St. There is the USS Midway Museum (CV 41) in downtown San Diego. You could try and see if you can get a tour of one of the aircraft carriers at NAS North Island.     

seriously anyone that thinks Paradiso or Mexican Villiage is good mexican food must think McDonalds is real hamburger too…Acapulco, Mangos, even Juano’s  are better choices

I always hear this comment about "real mexican food" from those who feel they are more cultured.  What Paradiso and Mexican Village serve is "Tex-Mex", in my opinion.  I have been to places that serve authentic Mexican food, as far south as Tucson, AZ, and don't care for this type of food.  Whatever category these two restaurants are in, they have good food.  (but they certainly are not authentic Mexican)

seriously anyone that thinks Paradiso or Mexican Villiage is good mexican food must think McDonalds is real hamburger too…Acapulco, Mangos, even Juano’s are better choices

McDonalds burgers aren't real hamburgers, but their fries kick @ss...thanks Simplot!!

I always hear this comment about "real mexican food" from those who feel they are more cultured.  What Paradiso and Mexican Village serve is "Tex-Mex", in my opinion.  I have been to places that serve authentic Mexican food, as far south as Tucson, AZ, and don't care for this type of food.  Whatever category these two restaurants are in, they have good food.  (but they certainly are not authentic Mexican)

“real” Mexican food uses very little cheese and more chicken and pork lots of natural flavors and kicked with peppers…Tex-Mex is more beef and cheeses with gravy/sauces …  either way both Mexican Village and Paradiso do an extremely poor job of replicating either… overcooked meat wrapped in a flour tortilla and smothered with gravy is not appetizing or appealing…I guess I prefer my food with flavor and like to taste most individual components… It’s kind of like when I hear people say Red Lobster is a “great” seafood place too..I know most were raised on this type of food from this area but there are plenty of other more delicious options out there

“real” Mexican food uses very little cheese and more chicken and pork lots of natural flavors and kicked with peppers…Tex-Mex is more beef and cheeses with gravy/sauces …  either way both Mexican Village and Paradiso do an extremely poor job of replicating either… overcooked meat wrapped in a flour tortilla and smothered with gravy is not appetizing or appealing…I guess I prefer my food with flavor and like to taste most individual components… It’s kind of like when I hear people say Red Lobster is a “great” seafood place too..I know most were raised on this type of food from this area but there are plenty of other more delicious options out there

We gave Casa Mexico over on the East Side another shot a couple months ago and they've REALLY straightened up their act after a bad opening!     Much more authentic Mexican than Paradiso or MexVillage - try the Rodeo Fajitas with spicy guaq and get ready for an awesome lunch the next day because there is MORE than enough to take home!  Best authentic Mex in GGF since the Border Patrol shut down Mi Mexico a couple years ago.  Near East Side Hugos but half a block off 220 North - weird location but worth a look.

We gave Casa Mexico over on the East Side another shot a couple months ago and they've REALLY straightened up their act after a bad opening!     Much more authentic Mexican than Paradiso or MexVillage - try the Rodeo Fajitas with spicy guaq and get ready for an awesome lunch the next day because there is MORE than enough to take home!  Best authentic Mex in GGF since the Border Patrol shut down Mi Mexico a couple years ago.  Near East Side Hugos but half a block off 220 North - weird location but worth a look.

Aka the old Pizza Hut?

Ate at the Moon again last night.......never disappoints! We have even gotten to the point that they bring us an extra dish of frosting for the cinna sticks...if Ken is there he'll bring us a fresh batch of em.

• Upvote 1

Ate at the Moon again last night.......never disappoints! We have even gotten to the point that they bring us an extra dish of frosting for the cinna sticks...if Ken is there he'll bring us a fresh batch of em.

Boy, I hope that place never changes.  It's a nice change of pace from the robotic chain restaurants.

• 5 weeks later...