SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Someone was telling me that GF is getting a Famous Dave's. I haven't seen any info on it but does anyone know if this is true?

I have been hearing that for a long time. I am still waiting. 

Can't imagine Dickies can hang on much longer, as there is never anyone there, even during dinner hours.

Considering its terrible BBQ that isnt surprising.  On another note I dont see why people are gaga over Famous Daves.  They arent consistent from place to place and are mediocre at best.

Considering its terrible BBQ that isnt surprising. On another note I dont see why people are gaga over Famous Daves. They arent consistent from place to place and are mediocre at best.

Another thing I agree with you about. We have one down the road. Mediocre and overpriced.

Considering its terrible BBQ that isnt surprising. On another note I dont see why people are gaga over Famous Daves. They arent consistent from place to place and are mediocre at best.

I can say the same about almost every chain from service to food, and even from time to time. It even goes for individually owed places. Some times I go to Wild Hog and it's great, other times, not so much. You name a restaurant, and you will get mixed reviews.

Honestly, I've been to Famous Dave's a couple of dozen times over the years here in the Cities.  While I would typically prefer to frequent the small, mom and pop BBQ joints (Big Daddy's is easily my favorite, but Ted Cook's and Caps are good options) I have found FD's to be more consistent in the quality of the food they serve.   I find it to be very good, and generally consistent.  I haven't had occasion to go there for a couple of years so maybe things have changed more recently, but consistency was one of the things I appreciated about FD's.   

Maybe other stores outside of the metro area suffer, or maybe there has been a degradation in their quality in the last year or 2.  But I've always been favorably impressed.  

Honestly, I've been to Famous Dave's a couple of dozen times over the years here in the Cities.  While I would typically prefer to frequent the small, mom and pop BBQ joints (Big Daddy's is easily my favorite, but Ted Cook's and Caps are good options) I have found FD's to be more consistent in the quality of the food they serve.   I find it to be very good, and generally consistent.  I haven't had occasion to go there for a couple of years so maybe things have changed more recently, but consistency was one of the things I appreciated about FD's.   

Maybe other stores outside of the metro area suffer, or maybe there has been a degradation in their quality in the last year or 2.  But I've always been favorably impressed.  

Would that be Ted Cooks 19th Hole? Small little joint. Take out Only?

Would that be Ted Cooks 19th Hole? Small little joint. Take out Only?

I recommend both Caps or Ted Cooks.. and yes take out only for Ted Cooks.  The area around Ted Cooks has made some changes recently.  There is a new Northbound Smokehouse and Brewpub.  I have heard good things about, but I have not tried.  It is always too busy when we stop.  Which I take as a good sign.

• 3 weeks later...