SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Is anyone watching the Capitals/Bruins pre-season game tonight? TJ Oshie laid an absolute bomb of a body check on big and tough McQuaid! Absolutely destroyed him with a clean hit behind the net, dumped him like a bag of dirt. McQuaid didn't like it and he and Oshie got in a scrap. Oshie didn't win the fight but he held his own. Oshie will quickly become a Caps fan favorite.

yup, saw it on NHL replays for that day. It was awesome!!! 

Forbort making the Kings is the first of the next wave of UND guys making the NHL. It took chorney a while and now he's a top 5 d guy. Guessing schmaltz will be the next one in St. Louis in the next year or two. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad news.

Scott Dub has passed away.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/obituaries/scott-dub/article_5da71cba-b268-5ac9-86d5-173f64700a0b.html

I lived next to Scott my freshmen year in Smith Hall which at the time was known as the basketball dorm. Had Dub on one side and Pete Stewart on the other.

He exemplified  UND hockey. He was a walk-on who turned into a pretty decent hockey player. He was a high energy, drain the tank every shift guy, a pest and agitator who was pretty nasty to play against and was also capable of scoring as well. He was one of the best penalty killers to play at UND in my opinion.

Good guy off the ice, always laughing and looking for a prank to play on someone. Ran into him a few times over the years, usually at softball tournaments.

Gone far too soon.:sad:

Edited by petey23
  • Upvote 1

Sad news.

Scott Dub has passed away.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/obituaries/scott-dub/article_5da71cba-b268-5ac9-86d5-173f64700a0b.html

I lived next to Scott my freshmen year in Smith Hall which at the time was known as the basketball dorm. Had Dub on one side and Pete Stewart on the other.

He exemplified  UND hockey. He was a walk-on who turned into a pretty decent hockey player. He was a high energy, drain the tank every shift guy, a pest and agitator who was pretty nasty to play against and was also capable of scoring as well. He was one of the best penalty killers to play at UND in my opinion.

Good guy off the ice, always laughing and looking for a prank to play on someone. Ran into him a few times over the years, usually at softball tournaments.

Gone far too soon.:sad:

Very sad to hear that.  As you said, he left it on the ice every shift.  He played each game like he hadn't made the team yet.

Great memories. 

Condolences to the Dub family.

• Upvote 1

Very sad news.

He was a local guy and growing up followed him.

Just the other day we were talking about how our third grade teacher took us on a field trip to a Bank in Park River and he was signing autographs after the 87 title.  

Even got our pic in the paper with him and our class, he was  very nice to us that day.  Very sad.

Rest in peace Scotty Dub