SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Congrats on the degree Rocco and yes great job promoting college hockey! 

Does UND have any former guys in Khl this year besides bochenski? I see the khl started already. 

Edited by AZSIOUX

Best of luck to Jason. Nobody will ever know if leaving early had any effect on his pro career either way. Props to finishing school! He was fun to watch at the Ralph. He and hextall did what they thought was best at the time hockey wise like many many players. You can always go back and finish school. 

Edited by AZSIOUX

As long as they take that money for that extra year of pro hockey and use it to finish their degree, I don't think it hurt them that much.  I don't think either one of them was going to develop enough in that extra year at UND to further their career in pro hockey, as they were both borderline pro potential to begin with.  Of course the fan in me would have liked to see what they could do in their Senior season and add to their legacy here.  That's what they missed out on in my eyes, the brotherhood and legacy they can't get back, not the development for one more year of college.

Edited by tnt
  • Upvote 1

Unfortunately Jason suffered a concussion last season playing for the Iowa Wild. I believe it was an illegal hit that caused the concussion. Too bad that he had to end his career that way. Best wishes #17. 

damn sorry to hear that as well. Tough way to end a career no matter what level!