SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

25 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Sioux Sports beat the Herald again.  By like two months.  https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/29024-ray-richards-golf-course/page/2/

and i was thinking that campus would so nice this summer (it does but)....there is still a ton of construction going on....the area south of the library is torn up...south of okelly (that parking lot) is all torn up as is the parking lot or side lot of the next buidling south (the two buidlings that connected a few years past?)....the business school is still a work in progress with the elevated walkways and whatnot...  plus all the reno/demo of the residence halls by wilkerson...it seems like UND is getting a new campus from top to bottom.....

• 2 weeks later...

Seems work in continuing on the Memorial Village Development project. 

The project scope includes a five-story building that will house UND's Athletic Department on the first floor; coaches offices, film rooms and meeting rooms on part of the second floor and 99 residential market rent apartments consisting of 25 one-bedroom units, 58 two-bedroom units and 16 four-bedroom units on floors two through five. The development will also consist of underground parking and a Hawkway connection to the UND Pollard High Performance Center

Grand Forks City Council approves PILOT agreement for Memorial Village development project - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

15 minutes ago, northernraider said:

The project scope includes a five-story building that will house UND's Athletic Department on the first floor; coaches offices, film rooms and meeting rooms on part of the second floor and 99 residential market rent apartments consisting of 25 one-bedroom units, 58 two-bedroom units and 16 four-bedroom units on floors two through five. The development will also consist of underground parking and a Hawkway connection to the UND Pollard High Performance Center

Grand Forks City Council approves PILOT agreement for Memorial Village development project - Grand Forks Herald | Grand Forks, East Grand Forks news, weather & sports

No trophy room?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 1:05 PM, northernraider said:

Looks like the zoning request is now listed on the city's website.

https://www.grandforksgov.com/government/city-departments/planning-zoning/planning-projects

3 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Looks like the zoning request is now listed on the city's website.

https://www.grandforksgov.com/government/city-departments/planning-zoning/planning-projects

I fully expected all the T’s were crossed and I’s were dotted when they tore down Memorial Stadium…looks like sh$t there…what was the hurry to tear it down if this project still has hurdles to cross?

8 hours ago, ksixpack said:

I fully expected all the T’s were crossed and I’s were dotted when they tore down Memorial Stadium…looks like sh$t there…what was the hurry to tear it down if this project still has hurdles to cross?

It was falling apart. Among other prudent reasons for expediting the demolition phase  (related to campus construction and ongoing city street repair schedules in areas needed for ingress and egress to and from Memorial, getting ahead of the ripple effects of COVID that was going to spur rising costs of contractors, and the relatively cheaper cost of securing contractors in the late winter/early spring of 2021 before the busy highway construction season), UND wanted to avoid an uncontrolled collapse such as what took place at Minard Hall at NDSU. 

https://www.inforum.com/newsmd/ndsu-settles-remaining-minard-hall-cases-receives-3-million

i know that the old memorial site is probably 1a or 1b with the hpc addition but those parking lots north of the fritz pollard are an eyesore...how soon before we see a baseball or softball diamond right there....entering und from downtown that parking is a bad bad first impression right now (especially with everything being done all around campus)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i know that the old memorial site is probably 1a or 1b with the hpc addition but those parking lots north of the fritz pollard are an eyesore...how soon before we see a baseball or softball diamond right there....entering und from downtown that parking is a bad bad first impression right now (especially with everything being done all around campus)

Fingers crossed for your Mega Millions win tonight;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Yeah it's a disgrace.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:39 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Like geaux says, it's in the plan. Look in background of this rendering. There's a field there. And the way the stands are set it makes a nice entry view to campus coming in from the east on University. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYORm3kXoAIAiVJ?format=jpg&name=small

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Like geaux says, it's in the plan. Look in background of this rendering. There's a field there. And the way the stands are set it makes a nice entry view to campus coming in from the east on University. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYORm3kXoAIAiVJ?format=jpg&name=small

If I remember a early rendering had a soccer field over there. Which also seems wierd as you would think the new field at the HPC/Memorial site could host soccer as well as FB practice.