SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

Pretty sure KEM gave REA money for the new scoreboard.

She said she wouldn't give money to UND while Kennedy was there. 

(Personal relationship stuff. It happens.)

And she simply pointed out she has no real loyalty to UND. 

(I also don't have any loyalty to my dad's college I never attended a 1000 miles away.)

Nothing she said was controversial in any way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

High horse? She has stated in the past that her father felt loyalty and attachment to UND, but since she went to UNLV, she does not. How else am I supposed to interpret that? Her dishonest behavior during the dispute with Kennedy (whom I also am not a big fan of) soured me on her as an honest broker. Ralph would never have behaved that way. Ralph was one of us. She is not.

If she makes a big donation to UND, I'll admit I was wrong. But I think we'll be waiting for that for a long time.

Yeah, you're misconstruing and/or misremember what she said (but I'm happy to stand corrected if you find something that says something else).
Plenty to be critical of but that ain't it.

Their foundation continues to be large supporters of UND whether it be privately or publicly.
They continue to have good relationships with important people. After meeting the new President, I would think that bridge will be mended as well.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Yeah, you're misconstruing and/or misremember what she said (but I'm happy to stand corrected if you find something that says something else).
Plenty to be critical of but that ain't it.

Their foundation continues to be large supporters of UND whether it be privately or publicly.
They continue to have good relationships with important people. After meeting the new President, I would think that bridge will be mended as well.

I certainly hope you are right about this.

2 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Pretty sure KEM gave REA money for the new scoreboard.

She said she wouldn't give money to UND while Kennedy was there. 

(Personal relationship stuff. It happens.)

And she simply pointed out she has no real loyalty to UND. 

(I also don't have any loyalty to my dad's college I never attended a 1000 miles away.)

Nothing she said was controversial in any way.

But people act like she is the reincarnation of Ralph Engelstad. She shares DNA with Ralph. Nothing more. People need to stop talking like they are one and the same.

Also, her dishonesty in her dealings with Kennedy mean she cannot be trusted.

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Let's be honest.

Ralph would absutely act in the same way.

Guy was about to let the arena burn to the ground midway through construction. 

Where you think KEM gets it from. :D

Would Ralph have run to the Heraldo and spread bald-faced lies about Kennedy's office not contacting her to discuss the situation? Kennedy's office produced e-mails that proved he indeed did reach out to her. I don't think you build a business empire like Ralph did by doing stuff like that. Trust is the coin of the realm, no matter what business you are in.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Let's be honest.

Ralph would absutely act in the same way.

Guy was about to let the arena burn to the ground midway through construction. 

Where you think KEM gets it from. :D

Didn't Ralph run president Baker out of town? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Kennedy didn’t even try to negotiare

it was his way or no way

Pretty sure they negotiated and came to a new agreement, but he didn't get what he truly wanted, which was a larger % of ticket revenue if I recall correctly.

Engelstad funding model for UND athletics is less than ideal but it is the reality for UND DI athletics. The REA “gift” will allow the Engelstads to have UND by the throat until they dissociate … like ~ 2030 or so if that really ever happens. 

Hopefully when one of you on this board strikes millions/billions, you remember to right the ship and donate it to UND athletics with more of a fair share model …

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

What does anyone associated with the Englelstad family or Foundation owe UND at this point?? Obviously I'm missing something after reading some of this verbal nausea.

Did UND get its 500k minimum payout from the ralph this past year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...