SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Is this going to be a situation where we start to see commitments come in waves? Correct me if I'm wrong, but has there really only been three commitments (non-transfer portal) in 2022? That could be the lowest number in the country. I'm a big proponent in getting a key guy from the portal, I just really hope the strategy isn't to have that become the key focus of recruiting for this staff.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Is this going to be a situation where we start to see commitments come in waves? Correct me if I'm wrong, but has there really only been three commitments (non-transfer portal) in 2022? That could be the lowest number in the country. I'm a big proponent in getting a key guy from the portal, I just really hope the strategy isn't to have that become the key focus of recruiting for this staff.  

I agree…but when you miss out on the younger stars, the next best option would be to flip a proven commodity. Even better than taking an over ager from juniors considering they’ve already played college puck. Not a huge fan of it, but it is one way to remain competitive.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

Berry has said he prefers to have their recruits over transfers so I can’t imagine we go that route where there’s a heavy emphasis on transfers unless there’s another major turnover year. A lot of our recruits are around the same age/scheduled to come in around the same time so I imagine we are looking further down the road right now aside from the obvious need for a couple productive forwards for next year’s class. 

2 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Aidan park to Michigan ….nice get. Rich getting richer.

Dang. I know we weren’t on his list of schools, but I thought he’d end up somewhere east coast. Can’t believe all the recruits still committing to Michigan right now after their recent controversies. 

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Dang. I know we weren’t on his list of schools, but I thought he’d end up somewhere east coast. Can’t believe all the recruits still committing to Michigan right now after their recent controversies. 

N.      I.       L.        

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

NIL may be the downfall of North Dakota hockey’s elite status. The big schools will bring in all of the 1st and 2nd rounders. It’s a new age in hockey, all of college sports.

That’s why BU is always beating out Duluth and Mankato.  Oh, wait…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

7 uncommitted kids on the u17 us team hopefully we’re in on some. I see one of their stars James Hagens is one. Really hope we’re in on him 

What's the guess on how many of those 7 end up committing to UM or UMN?
Geez, those two schools are on a roll lately.  Frustrating.

If NIL is truly causing any issues with us landing recruits, UND better get in on that game.

1 hour ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

NIL may be the downfall of North Dakota hockey’s elite status. The big schools will bring in all of the 1st and 2nd rounders. It’s a new age in hockey, all of college sports.

The sky isn't falling yet. We will always be a destination for development. There are only so many top 6 spots. Think about it this way, club hockey kids, college kids transferring to get ice, and NAHL leftovers at Lindenwood are playing very respectably. On that note, guess who I want to replace Berry someday.

11 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The sky isn't falling yet. We will always be a destination for development. There are only so many top 6 spots. Think about it this way, club hockey kids, college kids transferring to get ice, and NAHL leftovers at Lindenwood are playing very respectably. On that note, guess who I want to replace Berry someday.

Mr.Z!!!