SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

2 hours ago, Kevin G said:

NHL Central Scouting Watch List just came out, highlighting first-time draft-eligible players. (I think that's the purpose of the list; if I'm wrong, please correct.)

These are the UND commits on the list:

1. Andrew Strathmann, D - Grade B
  2. David Klee, F - Grade C
  3. Jake Livanavage, D - Grade C
  4. Jayden Perron, F - Grade C

I’ve never liked those rankings they’re always way off after the top 10 or so. Perron is going late first/early second everywhere else and is leading the ushl in scoring as an ‘05…C? That’s a whiff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/28/2022 at 9:48 AM, scpa0305 said:

I’ve never liked those rankings they’re always way off after the top 10 or so. Perron is going late first/early second everywhere else and is leading the ushl in scoring as an ‘05…C? That’s a whiff.

To your point, Craig Button and The Hockey News both have Perron in their "Other Notable Prospects" list, which indicates more of a 2nd round grade, not a 4th-6th round grade. Also, Button has Andrew Strathmann as a potential first-round pick (#29 overall). 

I'm guessing the mid-season rankings update will see Perron rise quite a bit. 

On 10/28/2022 at 9:48 AM, scpa0305 said:

They are trying to forecast their odds at succeeding in the NHL.   I bet Perron got dinged because of his size/weight.

By contrast, his size won't be prevent him from being a top college player.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Sounds like we’re in on Mikey Burchill who’s playing in Dubuque. Michigan and goofs are the others in (obviously).

Berry needs to get this guy. Need to add high end offensive talent to next years class.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow night 2 NCHC & and as usual 2 Big 10 games will be broadcasted nationally on Direct TV and other cable providers. At some point not being televised has to effect national recruiting to some extent.

Yes as fans we can access the games on the NCHC app, but recruits aren’t paying for that, they will probably turn on the tv and watch games that are on their actual tv.

Every little advantage can make a difference in recruiting. And it sucks when Denver and Minnesota and NESN and BTN are more visible on larger platforms then Sioux hockey and the NCHC app. 

13 minutes ago, KCSioux said:

Tomorrow night 2 NCHC & and as usual 2 Big 10 games will be broadcasted nationally on Direct TV and other cable providers. At some point not being televised has to effect national recruiting to some extent.

Yes as fans we can access the games on the NCHC app, but recruits aren’t paying for that, they will probably turn on the tv and watch games that are on their actual tv.

Every little advantage can make a difference in recruiting. And it sucks when Denver and Minnesota and NESN and BTN are more visible on larger platforms then Sioux hockey and the NCHC app. 

More likely they are playing at the same time.

• Upvote 1