SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

12 hours ago, cberkas said:

Interesting how there are no UND recruits on Canada West or Canada East at the World Jr A Challange.  

I just looked up the Canada West roster, because I was shocked Wiebe wouldn't be on it. It's almost all AJHL players with a few SJHL sprinkled in. There are 0 BCHL players. Based on that information, you shouldn't be surprised about no UND recruits since they only have 1 non-BCHL recruit (Singleton). 

• Upvote 2

From HockeyCanada:

Created in 2006 to showcase the talent in the Canadian Junior Hockey League, the World Junior A Challenge includes two Canadian teams – Canada East (NOJHL, OJHL, CCHL, LJHAAAQ, MHL) and Canada West (AJHL, SJHL, MJHL, SIJHL) – and three international entries. In all, nine countries have participated – Belarus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Don’t think this coaching staff will play that game. 

Yeah, I tend to agree...especially when the coach is Serratore...they have a good working relationship with the BSU staff.
Now, if Pohlkamp opens his recruiting back up and UND pitches to him after that...then maybe.  It's a fine line, but I doubt Berry and Co will actively try to get to him if he's committed to BSU.

16 hours ago, brianvf said:

Yeah, I tend to agree...especially when the coach is Serratore...they have a good working relationship with the BSU staff.
Now, if Pohlkamp opens his recruiting back up and UND pitches to him after that...then maybe.  It's a fine line, but I doubt Berry and Co will actively try to get to him if he's committed to BSU.

I’d be shocked if he ended up at BSU 

On 12/17/2022 at 11:40 PM, brianvf said:

As someone who hasn’t lived in ND for decades and has paid minimal attention to BSU, I have no idea the nature of that relationship. Anyone kind enough to explain it?

There once was a player who started at Denver and wasn't cutting it, so he left and went back to the USHL.  He tore it up, and UND won a recruiting battle for him.  That was Brendan Budy.  So I guess I'm leery about a player who couldn't cut it at Northeastern.  With the usual caveat that I've never seen him play.

6 hours ago, jk said:

There once was a player who started at Denver and wasn't cutting it, so he left and went back to the USHL.  He tore it up, and UND won a recruiting battle for him.  That was Brendan Budy.  So I guess I'm leery about a player who couldn't cut it at Northeastern.  With the usual caveat that I've never seen him play.

What about Nick Jones? We was solid.

Also, our definitions of “tearing up the ushl” must be two completely different things. He was also a click lower than a pt/gm in the BCHL the year after where guys typically put up video game numbers.

But everyone hits a ceiling somewhere. St. Louis is “tearing up the USHL” at the moment and did well in the WJAC. I’d go hard after him. Guessing he’ll stay out east though.

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

But everyone hits a ceiling somewhere. St. Louis is “tearing up the USHL” at the moment and did well in the WJAC. I’d go hard after him. Guessing he’ll stay out east though.

Ryan St Louis' brother Lucas is "Hah-vid" bound fall of 2023. 

I imagine we'll see a bunch of 06's commit to colleges once the New Year flips. I've heard of multiple family advisor (aka agents) that wouldn't allow their "clients" to commit until the new year hits. They want these kids to take their time and not follow the rush of kids that commit day 1 in August.