SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

18 hours ago, johnsowe said:

Do we need cake eaters? I like to see more recruits from the range aka Hibbing.....or whatever will be good players has anyone seen a goalie?  

If a cake eater is going to play well in all 3 zones, I'll take him. His older brother, Mason, is a very reliable player. This Gopher team actually has grit and plays defense. This isn't like some of the other wimpy teams they've put out there, these guys go hard. Really not excited about their potential to raise a banner. I'd rather see their drought go another 10 years please but I think they are recruiting and playing too well. 

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

If a cake eater is going to play well in all 3 zones, I'll take him. His older brother, Mason, is a very reliable player. This Gopher team actually has grit and plays defense. This isn't like some of the other wimpy teams they've put out there, these guys go hard. Really not excited about their potential to raise a banner. I'd rather see their drought go another 10 years please but I think they are recruiting and playing too well. 

Agreed, goofs are recruiting too well not to throw up a banner here soon. They’re recruit very high end nationally rated kids, not just MN only. As much as a hate to say this…future looks very bright for them.

https://www.therinklive.com/mens-college/big-10/gophers-say-nevers-again-as-edina-standout-follows-family-tradition-and-picks-the-u-of-m

Anyone know if UND was looking at Nevers? 

Shouldn’t this be in prospective recuits?

19 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Shouldn’t this be in prospective recuits?

Sorry-wasn’t sure where to post. 

Do we need cake eaters? I like to see more recruits from the range aka Hibbing.....or whatever will be good players has anyone seen a goalie?  

1 hour ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

The little I’ve seen of Minny this year did not give me the feeling that they had a lot of sandpaper in their game.  Maybe I’ll have to tune in a couple more of their games.

2 hours ago, Blackheart said:

The little I’ve seen of Minny this year did not give me the feeling that they had a lot of sandpaper in their game.  Maybe I’ll have to tune in a couple more of their games.

Never a is solid, kind of a grinder. Plays hard. Looks really similar to his older bro. Guessing he’ll be similar to that. Not high end but will have a role.

5 minutes ago, tnt said:

Not knowing who it is, who do we want it to be?    James Hagens?  Logan Hensler? 

Hensler would have to be the biggest potential get. Emery would be great too. I don’t think it would be anyone for next year (outside of a goalie maybe). Hoping for a high end ‘06.