SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

After the throw.  A few frame before this the defenders were watching BO.  BO was the deception on this play.

agreed...that's why with the world of time tommy had this throw should have been "better"...and it better be against boise and ndac and sdac...or ...day by day

3 hours ago, UND08 said:

I have long thought that our troubles hitting on deep balls the last few years boiled down to two factors:

1 - Lack of a dominant running game to bring safeties into the box.

2 - Lack of receivers who can get separation and run by defenders.

Eliodor might be the first receiver we've had in awhile that could do this.  We were much better at this in the (gulp) Rudy era...mainly because we had two RBs (Oliviera and Santiago) who demanded so much attention!

Sometimes I think about what our offensive production would have looked like if Danny was our OC running this system in 2015-16...it makes me sad if I'm just being honest!

Our run game has been good, especially last year with Hoosman and looks to be good again this year. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Goose15 said:

Our run game has been good, especially last year with Hoosman and looks to be good again this year. 

Danny has a great mix of run and pass, motion, change of personnel for the opponents to defend.  RB's by committee has worked so far.  OL has been great to put up the numbers.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed...that's why with the world of time tommy had this throw should have been "better"...and it better be against boise and ndac and sdac...or ...day by day

Who said the throw was perfect? It got the job done though, right over the d-backs. 

The whole point is Wes was never streaking down the field wide open like you said. Tommy had time (nice job OL), waited for his read, got it and threw the ball when he had it. Wes was running right at the safety until he broke up to come at Bo and leave Wes that open. Sounds like it was a well designed play that was going to have two options depending on what choice the safety made. If he throws it earlier, the safety is still in position to break it up. 

There are other Qb's who have stronger arms. But most of them aren't going to make the read, have the patience to let out develop or have the accuracy to put it in a catchable spot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Who said the throw was perfect? It got the job done though, right over the d-backs. 

The whole point is Wes was never streaking down the field wide open like you said. Tommy had time (nice job OL), waited for his read, got it and threw the ball when he had it. Wes was running right at the safety until he broke up to come at Bo and leave Wes that open. Sounds like it was a well designed play that was going to have two options depending on what choice the safety made. If he throws it earlier, the safety is still in position to break it up. 

There are other Qb's who have stronger arms. But most of them aren't going to make the read, have the patience to let out develop or have the accuracy to put it in a catchable spot. 

you-serious-clark-cousin-eddie.gif

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

My 1 request for the game, can somebody that is at the game in person please record the UND players running onto the field before the game? I NEED to see all the Nodak flags flying on the blue turf as the players run in! Thank you!

that's part of the problem with our non existant walkup.......they come out of nowhwere and run around 50 yards basically in the dark and they done!!!!

used to have drones-not anymore

used to have inflatable helmet-not anymore

used to have at least a shot of the guys walking a little-not anymore?

why heraldo?

18 hours ago, Goose15 said:

In 2022 UND averaged 147.6 yards rushing per game.

In 2016 UND averaged 208.4 yards rushing per game.

In 2015 UND averaged 240.5 yards rushing per game.

I wasn't saying our rushing offense hasn't been good...but we are much more balanced and more multiple offensively now.  Our passing offense pre-Danny was much more vertically focused off of play-action (I don't recall Rudy ever calling a screen pass once during his reign in Grand Forks).  Nowadays a lot of our passing game is an extension of the running game (which makes up for the drop in yards above imo)...that said we aren't built like we used to be and one of the casualties (and there have been very few in my mind) has been the vertical passing game.  That said...with Eliador in the mix I think we'll see more of it this year than we have at any point under Danny's command of the offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, streetsahead said:

My buddy in Boise tells me the game is a whiteout and Boise State will be wearing white throwbacks. I really hope we wear black (I hate our green jerseys with the white sleeves).

About a dozen of us will be there in UND green cheering loud!

I like the idea of our our blacks on the blue turf!

• Upvote 2