SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Guess what game this similar stat line is from?
image.png.dfb0969dccabfe01517a34c5c7391957.png

did brock miss a wide out bo belquist for a potential td in his game AND did brock's team win?...i'll hang up and listen......stats don't alway tell you the true story. just ask bison fans about trey's td throw in the preseason against the raiders....goes down as a td for the "stats" people but if you watched the game......dawhoops!

• SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
  •  
    LVLAS VEGAS RAIDERS
  • PASSING

Player CP/ATT YDS TD INT
    T. Lance
    10/15 112 1 0
    S. Darnold
    5/8 84 0 0
    B. Allen
    5/8 36 0 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did brock miss a wide out bo belquist for a potential td in his game AND did brock's team win?...i'll hang up and listen......stats don't alway tell you the true story. just ask bison fans about trey's td throw in the preseason against the raiders....goes down as a td for the "stats" people but if you watched the game......dawhoops!

You literally posted a stat line and proclaimed that was why UND lost a specific game. Now you are proceeding to proclaim stats don't tell the whole story. Not sure I'm following your logic, but I'm assuming that one actually tracks with the stats.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

You literally posted a stat line and proclaimed that was why UND lost a specific game. Now you are proceeding to proclaim stats don't tell the whole story. Not sure I'm following your logic, but I'm assuming that one actually tracks with the stats.

i think you missed the point.

2 hours ago, iramurphy said:

By definition the answer is no or it wouldn’t be a touchback. More to the point would be that players have returned KOs for touchdowns that were kicked deep into the end zone. 
I agree with you that if our kicker can kick into or out the back of the end zone I would do so every time. I’m not convinced our kickers can do that consistently. 

Many good points made by you and others on the question of kicking into the end zone. And agree that it is a risk reward question. Correct me if wrong but I don’t see many teams doing what we do if the kicker can put it deep. 

Moving on

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, petey23 said:

5.5 yards per attempt isn't great, but 3.5 is terrible.

No real disagreement but Nebraska did everything in their power to keep the throws short. It obviously worked.
That being said, the overall stat line is still a QB rating of over 100. Plenty of other games have been won with worse stats. Singling that out and saying it was the reason UND lost that game is just another level to the bit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No real disagreement but Nebraska did everything in their power to keep the throws short. It obviously worked.
That being said, the overall stat line is still a QB rating of over 100. Plenty of other games have been won with worse stats. Singling that out and saying it was the reason UND lost that game is just another level to the bit. 

one or two plays can decide a game and not "taking" the six when bo was wide open at nebraska can or could cost you game.

same thing with drake....tommy pounding one into smith's ankle from 10 yards away when they are giving you six and you decide not to take it ...against "the big 3" that can't happen. (and iirc correctly we then left 3 off the board bc .......special teams)

Even Dom and Kolpack think UND can win this game. They think the early start can catch them sleeping. Sam Herder is also intrigued.

Boise was ranked 1st in the preseason MWC poll for a reason. Two losses to start the season increases UND’s chances but I would not rule Boise out quite yet. The are going to be more hungry and pissed than most FBS teams going into a FCS game. UND needs to attack their  weaknesses and not let up. It will take a perfect game to beat them at home

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

I didnn't say that is why we lost the game, just pointed out that those are Christian Ponder numbers. When you complete 3 passes in a row on a drive and have 4th and 1 you aren't doing it right.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one or two plays can decide a game and not "taking" the six when bo was wide open at nebraska can or could cost you game.

same thing with drake....tommy pounding one into smith's ankle from 10 yards away when they are giving you six and you decide not to take it ...against "the big 3" that can't happen. (and iirc correctly we then left 3 off the board bc .......special teams)

You must have a nightly nightmare each night about Tommy starting.......and Kostich pacing the UND sidelines. Although those nightmares are probably followed up with having fantasies about UND having Irish pregame celebrations and rituals.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You must have a nightly nightmare each night about Tommy starting.......and Kostich pacing the UND sidelines. Although those nightmares are probably followed up with having fantasies about UND having Irish pregame celebrations and rituals.

i actually dream of und football being relevant again......

• Upvote 1