SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

37 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Has a team ever forced a fumble on a touchback? Has a team ever forced a holding/block in the back that gives the other team poor field position on a touchback? A big time hit that generates some excitement and momentum for the defense on a touchback?

Coaches obviously feel like it is worth the risk to not kick it for a touchback every time. 

It comes down to: What part of the risk-reward curve do you want to live on. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If our short kick offs are intentional I totally disagree with that strategy. Has a team ever run a kick off back for a touchdown on a touchback.

By definition the answer is no or it wouldn’t be a touchback. More to the point would be that players have returned KOs for touchdowns that were kicked deep into the end zone. 
I agree with you that if our kicker can kick into or out the back of the end zone I would do so every time. I’m not convinced our kickers can do that consistently. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The kickoff where we squibbed it and then the play got called back for a block below the waste?

yeah the kickoff that went to the all american return guy that took it to the house and was called back bc of an illegal block that had no bearing on the end result of the play....that kickoff

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

yeah the kickoff that went to the all american return guy that took it to the house and was called back bc of an illegal block that had no bearing on the end result of the play....that kickoff

The illegal block had no bearing on the play? How do you know that? The coaches made the decision to squib it. The ball getting to the return guy is on the kicker, not the coaches. You're hanging onto a play that never happened. 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The illegal block had no bearing on the play? How do you know that? The coaches made the decision to squib it. The ball getting to the return guy is on the kicker, not the coaches. You're hanging onto a play that never happened. 

why is nothing ever kositich's fault?

• Downvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

pooch kick....squib kick but not so deep....kick it out of the endzone....kick it out of bounds......don't care just don't let it get to the "GUY"....

They did squib. So, you're upset with the execution and not the decision. Glad we could get this squared away. It's a new season, feel free to move on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

They did squib. So, you're upset with the execution and not the decision. Glad we could get this squared away. It's a new season, feel free to move on. 

i don't care if they squib kicked or moonshotted it......it end up right in front of the one guy that shouldn't be getting the ball......yes it's a new season but the same old high school jv stuff is still happening......and if we can't get it right against a really really bad drake and a bad nau what the heck is gonna happen on saturday where the margin of error will be razor thin?

I'm excited for the game.  A great opportunity at a historical location on national TV.  

I thought Danny called a great game last week.  He and Tommy seem to be in tune with one another.

I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I'll say:

Boise 35.  UND 24.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm excited for the game.  A great opportunity at a historical location on national TV.  

I thought Danny called a great game last week.  He and Tommy seem to be in tune with one another.

I hope I'm wrong obviously, but I'll say:

Boise 35.  UND 24.  

Tommy is ranked #9 nationally.  Tops in MVFC passing efficiency .  4TD's and zero interceptions over 76% completions.

9 Tommy Schuster north-dakota.svgNorth Dakota Sr. QB 2 56 43 0 521 4

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Has a team ever forced a fumble on a touchback? Has a team ever forced a holding/block in the back that gives the other team poor field position on a touchback? A big time hit that generates some excitement and momentum for the defense on a touchback?

Coaches obviously feel like it is worth the risk to not kick it for a touchback every time. 

The fumble on a touchback happened at UNI a while back.

6 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Which is why you thinking Jerry would take over after two games is even more hilarious. 

scouting for jack white and tommy two gloves but jerry polish rifle kaminski and korey cobra tai show up.........watchout!

(korey did play a little qb in high school-trikerations?)