SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

We’ll learn a lot about this team on Saturday. Great opportunity in front of this team playing against a team that is certainly not invincible. I’m looking forward to it- hope Bubba, his coaches, and his players are really laser-focused and ready to go. Play a full 4 quarter game. No 4th quarter mishaps like at Nebraska last year 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

We’ll learn a lot about this team on Saturday. Great opportunity in front of this team playing against a team that is certainly not invincible. I’m looking forward to it- hope Bubba, his coaches, and his players are really laser-focused and ready to go. Play a full 4 quarter game. No 4th quarter mishaps like at Nebraska last year 

This is so lame.  Why be focused.  It's Sunday.  If you can't win in 2 or 3 qtrs.  Spend time on an extra qtr.  I get what you are saying butbso much FLUFF.

• Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

This is so lame.  Why be focused.  It's Sunday.  If you can't win in 2 or 3 qtrs.  Spend time on an extra qtr.  I get what you are saying butbso much FLUFF.

What the hell are you talking about? 24 hour rule … time to move on to next opponent. Business trips require focus. Sure hope this post is just slander …

• Upvote 1

Really looking forward to what Danny has planned for the offense against Boise. Assuming he has a few wrinkles in the mix whether it be plays or personnel. Could we see some new guys like Seidl or Tai make a splash, or will it just be some crazy trick plays. 

This game will not make or break our season, but I would really like to see a competitive win and a springboard for SDSU. Go get em!

9 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

What the hell are you talking about? 24 hour rule … time to move on to next opponent. Business trips require focus. Sure hope this post is just slander …

You don't think Bubba and coaches are not focused?  You don't think the coaches want 4 qtrs of high energy?  I saw your usual rant and I would make a silly reply to your sill rant.  Now have a good day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

48 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

You don't think Bubba and coaches are not focused?  You don't think the coaches want 4 qtrs of high energy?  I saw your usual rant and I would make a silly reply to your sill rant.  Now have a good day.

You’re clueless. Want my usual rant? Okay, here you go: You support the status quo and apparently don’t understand the difference being wanting something and actually believing you can get it done. Hence, focus and confidence. If Bubba and his staff do what this board wants, they would go into this game thinking they don’t have a chance. “It won’t make or break our season”

Nodak “lip service” 78 … haha. Go check yourself into a nursing home. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Bo needs some play to target him around every 6-8 snaps.

Absolutely. He’s tremendous. But it’s also a huge blessing that there are so many other play-makers around Bo: doesn’t allow the defense to focus too heavily on him. Gotta love the job Danny Freund is doing with this offense - great leader, also. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

This game will not make or break our season, but I would really like to see a competitive win and a springboard for SDSU. Go get em!

You’re not wrong, but these are the kind of comments that are borderline and ingrained in us from the past DI mediocrity of UND FB. I would argue a win on the blue turf could make our season. You don’t think that would give UND the confidence that they can go down to Brookings and beat #1? I think many of you underestimate the importance of confidence and the mental makeup of a team. With all that said, the season is not over if UND loses to Boise; they still could go down to SDSU and win, but, why not win them both?! 

I still say UND needs to beat either Boise or SDSU in order to make major news this season. Again, get the program better, not stay the status quo. 

• Upvote 3

It's a game UND isn't supposed to win (Massey says 15% chance), so, roll out the offensive play book special chapter labeled "You're kidding, right?" 

We've seen the jet sweep reverse flea-flicker WR screen from it already.

That is considered "mild" in that section. :D 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's a game UND isn't supposed to win (Massey says 15% chance), so, roll out the offensive play book special chapter labeled "You're kidding, right?" 

in crag bohl's 10th year they went into kansas state and ran it ....and ran it well. jenson was efficient but not flashy.... i don't remember any trick plays....bohl just said we're better than you and we're gonna prove it. that last drive they had was fun to watch (not really as a siouxfan but you know what i'm saying.)

let's see what the guys can do but really after 10 years of bubba ball  we're hoping to win games bc danny does a quadruple reverse half back pass?  

would love to see z, skolkna, smith, and tommy have similar numbers with a similar result!!!!!!!!

NDSU - Rushing
Player Att. Gain Loss Net TD Lg. Avg.
Totals 43 245 30 215 1 66 5.0
Sam Ojuri 10 130 3 127 0 66 12.7
John Crockett 16 54 4 50 0 7 3.1
Ryan Smith 2 18 2 16 0 18 8.0
Derrick Lang 1 14 0 14 0 14 14.0
Cooper Wahlo 1 5 0 5 0 5 5.0
Brock Jensen 12 24 19 5 1 7 0.4
TEAM 1 0 2 -2 0 0 -2.0
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

in crag bohl's 10th year they went into kansas state and ran it ....and ran it well. jenson was efficient but not flashy.... i don't remember any trick plays....bohl just said we're better than you and we're gonna prove it. that last drive they had was fun to watch (not really as a siouxfan but you know what i'm saying.)

let's see what the guys can do but really after 10 years of bubba ball  we're hoping to win games bc danny does a quadruple reverse half back pass?  

would love to see z, skolkna, smith, and tommy have similar numbers with a similar result!!!!!!!!

NDSU - Rushing
TEAM 1 0 2 -2 0 0 -2.0

Just for some perspective, that NDSU team was perhaps their best of that dynasty. Likely a top 5 FCS team in history.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

NDSU - Rushing
TEAM 1 0 2 -2 0 0 -2.0

First...that last drive for NDSU was an offensive football masterpiece!  I hate them but I love watching that drive to this day...almost brings tears to my eyes!

Second...that NDSU team was one of the best to ever play at this level.  We have a good team...but not at that level.

What I want to see this weekend is a team that's going to go to Boise and give them their best shot!  No playing it close to the vest all the time...play our game...attack the edges and give our playmakers a chance to make some plays.  Bend but don't break on defense and give us a chance to win.  I don't want to see Tommy's final stat line be something like 20-24 for 117 yards.  That won't get it done.  We need to take some chances...and if we go down we might as well go down swinging.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, UND08 said:

What I want to see this weekend is a team that's going to go to Boise and give them their best shot!  No playing it close to the vest all the time...play our game...attack the edges and give our playmakers a chance to make some plays.  Bend but don't break on defense and give us a chance to win.  I don't want to see Tommy's final stat line be something like 20-24 for 117 yards.  That won't get it done.  We need to take some chances...and if we go down we might as well go down swinging.

UCF had 258 yards on the ground on Saturday in Boise, and I honestly think we could put up similar numbers. I thought we could have leaned on the run game even more against NAU, especially towards the end of the game. From the sounds of it, Boise's D line can be moved, and I don't think it'd be surprising to average 6-7 yards per rush. If we can dominate possession and execute on 3rd downs, I think there could be a chance. 

• Upvote 3

Question, how is the team getting the 50+ ND State flags to Boise? Shipping them? Getting a separate bus just for the flags? That's a lot of flags to travel with! 

On the positive side, with a smaller travel roster every single player should be able to run out with a flag! No man runs out flagless!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

If our short kick offs are intentional I totally disagree with that strategy. Has a team ever run a kick off back for a touchdown on a touchback.

Has a team ever forced a fumble on a touchback? Has a team ever forced a holding/block in the back that gives the other team poor field position on a touchback? A big time hit that generates some excitement and momentum for the defense on a touchback?

Coaches obviously feel like it is worth the risk to not kick it for a touchback every time. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ha!