SiouxSports.com Forum

The UND @ Boise State 9/16/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

When was the last time Tommy had a bad game? How often have we said "Tommy played well"? I've never seen a QB so automatic. I used to worry everytime we threw downfield, but with Tommy, when I see him air it out without me having looked downfield, I think "Oh yeah, he found someone." Never have I been more confident in a QB.

Brian Shawn does a great job explaining this in the 360 podcast. Essentially says it's nice to have the big arm guys like Day from UNI, or the mobile guys who can scramble, but what gets overlooked is the ball security and decision making.  Wouldn't you rather have 65% completion on 10-15 yard passes than 55% and 3 picks like what Day had against Weber on Saturday?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

When was the last time Tommy had a bad game? How often have we said "Tommy played well"? I've never seen a QB so automatic. I used to worry everytime we threw downfield, but with Tommy, when I see him air it out without me having looked downfield, I think "Oh yeah, he found someone." Never have I been more confident in a QB.

Tommy has a very high floor and a relatively low ceiling. He’s never going to blow a teams doors off but he’ll never absolutely blow a game. In fact, the only time he cost us a game was last time NDSU visited the Alerus. Do I wish he could throw the ball farther than me? Yea. But he’s more than solid at everything else.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, AJS said:

Sounds like a fair statement to me. 

Agreed. It is a fair statement. Dom is using it as more of a setup to say UND is not in the top of the FCS, but there is still a fair point to be made. 

Want to be compared to NDSU and SDSU, then we have to ask would they win this game against and 0-2 Boise St?

By no means does the 0-2 record mean Boise is a bad team. I think they will end up having a solid season, especially once they hit conference play, but the attitude should 100% be that we are going out their to get a win and build momentum heading to brookings.

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Tommy has a very high floor and a relatively low ceiling. He’s never going to blow a teams doors off but he’ll never absolutely blow a game. In fact, the only time he cost us a game was last time NDSU visited the Alerus. Do I wish he could throw the ball farther than me? Yea. But he’s more than solid at everything else.

I don't think I'd lay sole responsibility for that loss at his feet, as there were other factors in combination, such as the failed 4th and 1 attempt, that combined to turn that game into a loss.

55 minutes ago, omahasioux1 said:

Because half of Boise State fans struggle to find North Dakota on a map.

They said they didn’t know much about North Dakota except that it’s cold 

when we win I will tune into their post game show 

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2023 at 3:31 PM, streetsahead said:

My buddy in Boise tells me the game is a whiteout and Boise State will be wearing white throwbacks. I really hope we wear black (I hate our green jerseys with the white sleeves).

About a dozen of us will be there in UND green cheering loud!

Update - Apparently the whiteout is just referring to the BSU fans. They are wearing throwback white helmets with blue jerseys and white pants. UND will be wearing white jerseys and white pants. Our fans should wear green!