SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

57 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

And I dont think its even a 9 seed.. the committee basically gave Weber St the 13th seed.. so dont try to tell me its a close 9th seed.. total garbage.

Regionalization (one of the rules they did follow) is why our game funnels into Montana St.
Since they didn't get the 8 seed, and bye/home game, they were effectively the 9 seed and were handed a home game.

54 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Matt Larsen said UND and Montana were the last two teams in. 10 teams for 5 spots 

Weird how they aren't traveling to SEMO then. Since you know, performance and all that. 

46 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

We need an Atty to take this up to clean the system.  Playoffs need to be on SOS, records.  If your 10-0 win a conference and your SOS is 75.  FU play someone tough.

You need to take everything subjective out of the system.  So transparent you can vote by zoom for everyone to watch and know, well they didn't cheat.

WE (as in UND) certainly DO NOT need to get an attorney involved in anything regarding the NCAA for a long long loooooooongggg time!

I'd prefer to say the hell with regionalization and just seed the whole thing 1-24.  But then again I also feel like too many teams make the playoffs.  In a sport where guys lay their bodies on the line every week, I feel like every team picked should have a legit shot of winning the title.  That would mean like 8-12 teams in the FCS playoffs.  I know I'm in the minority on that opinion...but it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

True. However, people are justifiably outraged by the inconsistency of the selection committee. 

Agreed.  Time to seed the teams 1-24, avoid first-round and second-round conference matchups, and call it a day.   The money we are talking about here is chump change in the grand scheme of things.   

• Upvote 3

Just now, UND08 said:

WE (as in UND) certainly DO NOT need to get an attorney involved in anything regarding the NCAA for a long long loooooooongggg time!

I'd prefer to say the hell with regionalization and just seed the whole thing 1-24.  But then again I also feel like too many teams make the playoffs.  In a sport where guys lay their bodies on the line every week, I feel like every team picked should have a legit shot of winning the title.  That would mean like 8-12 teams in the FCS playoffs.  I know I'm in the minority on that opinion...but it is what it is.

agreed ...should be 16...seeded....higher seed hosts...pretty darn simple 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Apparently things truly were rigged against us.  Sucks to not have a voice in the room.

Anyone actually think Matt Larsen stepped up for us, once we were in the tournament?
We got screwed again. 
Ya, they took the Scotch Whiskey and Cigars out of the meeting but left the ambiguous decision making in.

Seven wins minimum is the criteria ... until it's not. Then, 
Better bid is the criteria ... until it's not. Then, 
Performance is the criteria ... < wait for it, it's coming > ... 

And each time the criteria changes it seems to be UND that is damaged by it. 

Once is curious.
Twice is coincidence.
Thrice? It's a pattern, not a coincidence. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Once is curious.
Twice is coincidence.

Don't forget quality losses. 

29 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Once is curious.
Twice is coincidence.

1st    in 2015, 6-5 W Illinois gets in ahead of us as we're at 7-4.
2nd  in 2019, at Nicholls St with the outdoor/fenced in - the locker rooms for opposing team only.
3rd   in 2022, at Weber, committee using performance.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND08 said:

I disagree on shrinking the field.  There would have been so little interest going into the last week or two of the season.  Even with 24 teams....there are teams like YSU wondering why they didn't get in.  The last week or two there was a lot of excitement and fun speculation about who would and would not make it, a majority of that excitement would be gone except for a few teams.  You would have to say screw the automatic qualifiers then for sure, otherwise it would be mostly nothing other than conference champs in the playoffs....leaving very deserving teams out.  I think 24 is the right amount of teams for the tourney.  

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

At all games, our crowd needs to stop yelling SIOUX over the announcer when saying Hawks on the microphone and disrespecting our national anthem at the end by drowning out BRAVE.

This gives us absolutely 0 brownie points, actually hurts us in meetings like yesterday.

Disagree.  Committe members aren't watching tape of national anthems of games.  Come on.  And, how many people say "Sioux" at the end of the anthem at football games?  The 20 students in their hockey jerseys?!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Regionalization (one of the rules they did follow) is why our game funnels into Montana St.
Since they didn't get the 8 seed, and bye/home game, they were effectively the 9 seed and were handed a home game.

Weird how they aren't traveling to SEMO then. Since you know, performance and all that. 

With regionalization and allowing teams to buy their way into the playoffs and changing criteria on a whim the NCAA has basically seeded the tournament as follows

#17 St. Francis(9-2) at #16 Delaware(7-4)

#18 Davidson(8-3) at #15 Richmond(8-3)

#19 SEMO(9-2) at #14 Montana(7-4)

20 UND(7-4) at #13 Weber State(9-2)

#21 Garner-Webb(6-5) at #12 Eastern Kentucky(7-4)

#22 Idaho(7-4) at #11 SE Lousianna(8-3)

#23 Elon(8-3) at #10 Furman(9-2)

#24 Fordham(9-2) at #9 New Hampshire(8-3)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Disagree.  Committe members aren't watching tape of national anthems of games.  Come on.  And, how many people say "Sioux" at the end of the anthem at football games?  The 20 students in their hockey jerseys?!

They don't need a tape. By the way I sit towards the bottom near 50 yd line, visitors side, lot more than 20 and mostly not students. Hockey they are all over.
These AD's know what's happened and going on. 
I'm not saying this is the only reason, usually in situations like this (this was not just a one time slap and over with) there are a few factors involved.
We have 3 instances in FB already. 

5 minutes ago, petey23 said:

With regionalization and allowing teams to buy their way into the playoffs and changing criteria on a whim the NCAA has basically seeded the tournament as follows

#17 St. Francis(9-2) at #16 Delaware(7-4)

#18 Davidson(8-3) at #15 Richmond(8-3)

#19 SEMO(9-2) at #14 Montana(7-4)

20 UND(7-4) at #13 Weber State(9-2)

#21 Garner-Webb(6-5) at #12 Eastern Kentucky(7-4)

#22 Idaho(7-4) at #11 SE Lousianna(8-3)

#23 Elon(8-3) at #10 Furman(9-2)

#24 Fordham(9-2) at #9 New Hampshire(8-3)

too easy...try again

Current Massey:

1-20 (bold did not make 24 team field): 
SacSt
SDSU
Mont St
Weber St
NDSU
Samford
Inc Word
W&M
HolyCross
Montana
Furman
UC Davis
Idaho
Jacksonville St
UND
UNI
Jackson St
Elon
SEMO
Richmond

Others:
25 SE Louisiana
27 Delaware
28 New Hampshire
30 EKU
37 Fordham
41 St Francis
44 Gardner Webb
93 Davidson

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Once is curious.
Twice is coincidence.

As I mentioned before: MBB, WIH, and MIH were all hit with questionable decisions made by the NCAA.

It not a coincidence

• Upvote 2