SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

21 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

That would be admitting the NCAA at its core is arbitrary and capricious in its processes and dealings. 

And let's be clear two individuals (Montana AD and NDSU AD) are acting as the NCAA and had a vested interest in improving their own schools' chances and punishing rival schools and other conference mates.  Take Montana out and put YSU in.  How does the bracket play out.  Take Delaware out and put YSU in.  How does the bracket play out.  Take both Montana and Delaware out and put in YSU and Chatty.  Your brackets are very different.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, FSSD said:

And let's be clear two individuals (Montana AD and NDSU AD) are acting as the NCAA and had a vested interest in improving their own schools' chances and punishing rival schools and other conference mates.  Take Montana out and put YSU in.  How does the bracket play out.  Take Delaware out and put YSU in.  How does the bracket play out.  Take both Montana and Delaware out and put in YSU and Chatty.  Your brackets are very different.

The NDSU AD would have still found a way to screw UND over.

Nice 7 minute drive by Semo to close the first half......up 17-3 at half.  

Note - Montana also plays a 3-4

Semo looks pretty fast on defense....quick pursuit to the ball on the outside.  

Montana not putting up a very good case to deserve a home seed.  

29 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Nice 7 minute drive by Semo to close the first half......up 17-3 at half.  

Note - Montana also plays a 3-4

Semo looks pretty fast on defense....quick pursuit to the ball on the outside.  

Montana not putting up a very good case to deserve a home seed.  

Not only does Montana sneak into the field with a home game but they get a TV spot on ESPN 2. Can’t tell me that is not rigged. Also Delaware gets St Francis in the first round. We got screws this year but can’t go back in the future. Need to push to change these dumb selection criterias

So who made the final 16?
According to Massey it is:

28 at 11 (UNH at HC)
38 at 10 (Gard Webb at W&M)
7 at 9 (Furman at Inc Word)
25 at 2 (Delaware at SDSU)
5 at 4 (Weber at Mont St)
22 at 6 (SELA at Samford)
8 at 3 (Montana at NDSU)
17 at 1 (Richmond at Sac St) 

If those 16 were seeded "Massey":
38 at 1 (GW at Sac)
28 at 2 (UNH at SDSU)
25 at 3 (Delaware at NDSU)
22 at 4 (SELA at Mont St)
17 at 5 (Richmond at Weber)
11 at 6 (HC at Samford)
10 at 7 (W&M at Furman)
9 at 8 (Inc Word at Montana)

On 11/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sioux>Bison said:

Not only does Montana sneak into the field with a home game but they get a TV spot on ESPN 2. Can’t tell me that is not rigged. Also Delaware gets St Francis in the first round. We got screws this year but can’t go back in the future. Need to push to change these dumb selection criterias

Not trying to scapegoat UND's failure to win on Saturday on the NCAA, but the process was especially bad this year.  I think 16 teams need to be seeded and get to host.  The at-large selections (17-24) can be sent to their nearest 9-16 seeded team (if regionalization is still a priority) for the first round.  Top 8 teams still get a bye.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I will continue to pay passive attention to the playoffs. 

If the team I want to win the most is eliminated I revert to hoping some teams lose.

anybody but the other North Dakota team. 

is that bad?

might be a little jealous 

I'd be ok if NDSU lost this weekend, but they won't. Therefore I hope NDSU piss pounds Montana 55-0.  Would also like Weber to beat MSU. 

On 11/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, UNDColorado said:

Of course UND gets screwed here. Now watch all of the gaslighting about how bids aren't the deciding factor even though we had to go play a team with a f%#$*& tent as a locker room because they had the higher bid.

#player experience!